“Location, location, location!”

Ranked #41 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
los angeles
“Location, location, location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2010

Received a very good price on priceline's "name your own price" and was super excited when I looked up the hotel!. Amazing location! It's located right on the pier just like their name suggest.. Fantastic views. It's less than 5 minutes away from the Olympic Sculpture Park which is a nice stroll looking at some great sculptures. There's so much history regarding this hotel with Beatles having stayed there and fishing out their window from their room. I however was disappointed (might have to do with the discount from priceline) to find that my room was street-level and all the way down to the end of the wing. It faced the parking lot/street and a bit noisy with the train going by just across the street. Steep valet parking rates of $33 was also a buzz kill, but there's a parking structure just across the street from the hotel and it only costs $18/overnight. There's no real need to rent a car if you're planning to stay in the downtown area. There's a free tram with a stop right outside the hotel, that travels down the length of the pier if you're not feeling inclined to walk. Pike Place Market was two stops away on the tram and there's an elevator that takes you up the hill. I wished I had know this ahead of time. The rooms were cozy cabin-chic with a fireplace in the room and a teddy bear on the bed to greet you. I found the bed to be comfortable and clean sheets. The coverlet on my bed had something caked on it, which was a bit disturbing but who really doesn't know how dirty coverlets are. The bathroom was gorgeous. It's almost a cross between rustic and modern design. No tub, just a walk-in with ceiling to floor glass partition that only goes 2/3 of the length of the shower so the floor in the bathroom can get a little wet if you're not careful. I have to give rave reviews for the rain showerhead and the hot water - bliss! I didn't want that shower to end. Overall the hotel was decent for the price I received. I read about others getting upgraded for free for waterfront view which would have been lovely. I would still recommend this hotel to family and friends but I don't believe it lives up to a 4-star rating.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,419)
alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2010

No bad view. beautiful Lobby. Great vews from the bar area. would hands down stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2010

I just stayed at the Edgewater, I loved the rustic decor and the staff was absolutely wonderful! I did have to pay 33 dollars to park but the valet staff was great. It is close to many waterfront restaurants with a wide variety of things to do. Downside with teenagers were no vending machines- take your own snacks or pay dearly for them. The view was great I loved it. I would stay again and recommend to anyone. If you cannot appreciate this hotel then you either have too much money or too much time on your hands. The rain shower, shower head was the best !! you were wet all over and the shower was nice and steamy in no time. I loved it and so did my kids.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Delray Beach
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2010

I had made a reservation for a stay in August 2009. Unfortunately my Mother died and I was forced to cancel. Since I had a "special rate" reservation I could not cancel but was told I would be allowed to reschedule the reservation up to 3 times for one year from the booking date. I have just tried to reschedule and they tell me it has gone over the end of the year so I will not be allowed to reschedule. I would NEVER stay at a Noble House property as I could not trust their policies.

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JonLev
seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2010

My husband and I got married at the Edgewater. In 2007, the hotel was ranked 3 and 1/2 stars and I think that was appropriate.

Lisa Blair was my wedding coordinator through the hotel and she was top notch. We used one of the cake bakers and a DJ on her preferred vendors list. They worked out well.

My guests really enjoyed staying in a location right on the water and walkable distance to Seattle attractions. It was nice for out of town guests to not have to rent a car and still enjoy the city.

The room my husband and I stayed in our first night of marriage was perfect. The style here is outdoors/lodge-chic. If that is not your style, you won't like it here. For us, it was perfect.

The sun setting in the reception room was unbeatable. Simply Photography took our wedding and engagement pictures and did a fabulous job with the location. It is a bit tricky for photographs due to the floor to ceiling windows and many mirrors. Simply Photography delivered.

My mother and I go here for Happy Hour crab cakes. They are lovely.

My only disappointment was that we were told the construction going on at the time would be completed before my wedding date before we signed our contract. The construction was not completed. That was a bummer and the reason I will rank the hotel 4 instead of 5 stars.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
Yorba Linda, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2010

The Edgewater's best feature is revealed in its name-it sits on a pier on Elliott Bay, giving the lobby , bar and restaurant nice views of the water with the Olympic mountains behind. The service and rooms are nothing special however. As other reviewers have mentioned, the hallways have a strange unpleasant smell. The front desk staff were either poorly trained, uncaring, or both. At check in, after waiting in a short line, when I got up to the counter the woman behind the desk did not acknowledge me and instead took a long phone call. When she hung up to assist me, I was told my room wasn't ready ( the colleague I was traveling with got a room immediately) and I would be called when it was. 2 hours later with no call I went back to the desk and purposely talked to the other person who was working . A room was indeed ready. Having seen the rooms of 2 colleagues mine was particularly disappointing-very small with no room to set up the luggage rack, and no desk. I went back and asked for a room with a desk as I was there on business. The attendant told me none of the queen rooms had desks, and that he always warns business travelers about that (except me, I guess)-so if you stay there (I would recomend the Marriott down the street instead) be sure to ask for a King room. I mentioned the company I worked for and then did get upgraded to a king room with a partial water view. The city view rooms are depressing-so near, yet so far! The decor in the rooms is best described as cabin cute and not my style. The room was clean enough and the bed was comfortable with good pillows. The best part of the property besides the location (walking distance to Pike Place Market) is restaurant Six Seven. Excellent food and service the 4 meals I had there.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Vancouver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2010

My experience at Edgewater Hotel last week was a mixed one.
I will start with bad experience. I was waken up by huge noise at 4:58 am the first morning. The noise lasted for about 15-20 min, then became quiet all the way to 7 am. After complaining to the front desk (I was offered another room, but just did not bother to move as it was late), the noise was postponed to 6:30 am on the second and the third morning. I got up and opend the door, just to find out hotel staff walking around (and talking). The noise seemed to have come from their moving the heavy laundry carts, as they would park in the narrow hallway during the day. That group of staff (and most probably the hotel management) did not seem to be aware of the guests staying in the hotel. The other factor that made this worse was the old, wooden building. It is not sound-proof at all.
My good experience was with my daily trip to Downtown. The hotel has a van that would send guests to the city in the morning (free of charge). The driver was a nice person and offered a return service as long as I called him. The front desk and the vallet staff were also very nice.
The hotel has a gorgeous waterfront view in the lobby and the reasaurant. I believe it has the same view in those waterfront rooms (unfortunately my room was on the street side). The room interior has a style, with a fireplace. The location of the hotel is good if you would like to walk along the waterfront, and visit the aquarium and the marketplace. But it is a little far from the busy street. I would not recommend walking near the aquarium area alone late in the evenings, as I was approached by a suspecious stranger there one evening.
Overall, this hotel needs to improve its infrastructure to claim a four-star one. At this stage, it is a nice motel.
If you go there for a casure trip, this hotel is still on my recommnedation list. But make sure you have the waterfront rooms and stay far away from the room 101. If you are on a business trip, not a good idea to stay there.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business