“Definitely not a 5 Star”

The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel
Ranked #40 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 5 April 2010

We got the hotel room on a cheap rate through priceline and was given only a king size bed for 4 travelers, so one of us had to sleep on a cot. The room was super cold when we got there because the heat had cut off due to the wind storm. The location is pretty far from the shopping district and the rest of the marketplace area. The decor is very cottage like which isn't what I'd expect from a 5 star, maybe a travelodge type hotel. Definitely would look into a hotel that is closer to the shopping district next time! wouldn't want to stay here again, location sucks and valet parking is $39! we parked across the street at a parking garage for $18 overnight.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 April 2010

Attentive staff, cozy rooms with fireplaces, close to the Pike Market and piers, great lounge and lobby...overall, a personal favorite, always stay there when in Seattle...

Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2010

Liked the most: Location, Price-line price, Bathrooms, Bed
Liked the least: $40 a night valet parking, Somewhat noisy room with heat/fireplace control that was somewhat confusing for some family members to operate.

Nice staff. Paid additional $15 a night to upgrade room to two double beds on city side but that...along with the $40 a night parking was all was factored in before I bid on rooms using price-line...so we were satisfied with our stay. Victoria Clipper pier yards away made it convenient for a day trip to Victoria, British Columbia. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2010

The room was pretty small, it only offered 2 double beds and a cot for my 3 kids, my husband, and myself. The bathroom was nice though. There were no vending mashings so they offered in the room m&m's for $3.50, and Figi water for $6. When we made reservations, they neglected to say that parking was $35 a night.
The Hotel it's self was nice, you could go to the lounge and relax with an awesome water view. But I think it was a little pricey for what you get, unless you reserve a really nice room!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2010

I had an opportunity to enjoy a stay at the Edgewater in Seattle in March for an overnight before flying out of SEATAC. I travelled to Seattle on the Clipper so the location couldn't have been better. Just a 3 minute walk from the dock.

While I was "aware' of the Edgewater and its past claim to fame (Beatles fishing from the window) I was completely blown away by the Pacific Northwest theme they have going on. It reminded me of the Doug Fir in Portland.

My room was in great shape, spacious and had all I could ask for. I enjoyed the comfy chairs, fireplace and a really great bathroom. The complimentary internet access in the biz centre sufficed for my boarding pass printing and the bellman etc were all helpful.

On checkin I witnessed the front desk clerk deal with a difficult situation with grace.

Luckily I didn't have to park as every hotel in Seattle charges horrific nightly parking rates. The $30 nightly parking charge is actually less than many others

I have stayed in most of Seattle's downtown hotels and I really enjoyed the Edgewater.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2010

We had great expectations when we booked this hotel and paid extra for an upgraded room at the time of booking. Our room was old and tired it reminded me of a basement bedroom circa 1975.

There are hotels with character in Seattle, this isn’t one of them.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2010

We stayed twice at this hotel.....at the beginning of our trip and the end. It is a lovely location indeed, right on the waterfront! If you want this view, you have to book it! The gas fireplaces, windows that open, two leather chairs to sit in as well as a cute footstool, and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom decor is not hotel "run of the mill", very lovely glassed in shower and claw tub. Lighting was done with us gals in mind! Well done! We found the staff were courteous, friendly and accommodating.Their Six Seven Restaurant was really excellent, again with great views and very accommodating staff. I do agree with some others that the parking fee of 30+per night is too steep for this hotel. Otherwise, it's a lovely treat! Thanks for a nice stay!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple