“Neat older hotel with ghostly past!”
Review of Hotel Sorrento

Hotel Sorrento
Ranked #26 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Vancouver, Canada
“Neat older hotel with ghostly past!”
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed there 3 nights recently and quite enjoyed it. My king sized suite was fantastic and after the first night I was less spooked by all the ghostly talk on line about this and a few other seattle hotels! This place is a 1909 gem. On top of a hill,quite a steep climb. Front desk service varied greatly from cool efficiency to warm and helpful. Door staff and concierge were ok,nothing outstanding. Sometimes I felt like they didn't see me. Not too good,servicewise. But my suite was comfy and the bed was great and marble bathroom a real treat. One block away is Thai Star restaurant a really tasty place with affordable and quick,friendly service. Go!

• Stayed April 2013
RandallObrecht, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Thank you for your candid feedback. i sincerely appreciate your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your ghost free stay!
I am sorry that our valets were not helpful. I am truly embarrassed and assure you that this issue has been addressed. Thank you again for bringing it to our attention.

Sorrento Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Tualatin, Oregon
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stayed at Sorrento Hotel on a recent college visit trip with my daughter to Seattle University and U of W. I prefer old hotels that are refurbished/maintained to their original splendor. I was not disappointed. booked a King suite which had a lovely bedroom, bathroom and sitting room. It was an easy walk to the University and many places to eat in the area. The only downside (and this is Seattle) was $39/parking fee per night.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for submitting such a nice review. We are very fortunate to be located so close to the University and I am glad that you found it so convenient! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Superb boutique hotel. The service is excpetional. Two constructive thoughts: 1) Bathroom was small with little room to lay out your toilettries. 2) Some high travel areas in the hotel need some touch up. Parking cost ($39/nt) is higher than accustomed to, but seems to be about the norm for other hotels in the area. The restaurant across the street provides a very good breakfast at about half the cost. Would defintely stay here again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your honest feedback. I appreciate your comments and thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Sincerely appreciate your observations and I will be discussing with our team. Thank you.

Plano, Texas
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I have not yet stayed at the Sorrento Hotel, but I have heard many nice things about the property. I chatted with Ms. Jackie at the front desk and she was very delightful to speak with. I needed to change my reservation and right away she noticed it was our 15 yr anniversary and hoped that she was the one that checked us in. Anyhow I needed to change a few things and she was very helpful in making my arrangements happen. I look forward to my June 1st Stay.... Respectfully yours. TJM

PS.. Will write more after my trip!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you sincerely for taking the time to submit such kind words, even before you have stayed!
I am extremely happy that we have made a positive impression already. I have passed your comments on to Jackie and you have made her day! We are lucky to have her.
Looking forward to your upcoming visit and please let us know if we can make any special arrangements for your special event. See you soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Sorrento when family was gathering in Seattle. It was a hectic week for us and we were in and out quite a bit. The valets and staff were always welcoming and prompt at any hour. It was especially nice to return in the evening, turn over the car, then stop in the fireside lounge for a nightcap - including the evenings with really good jazz groups. Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2013
Wow! Thank you so much for the kind words. I have shared your comments with our valet staff and they are thrilled that they made such an impression. Hope to see you in the Fireside Lounge again soon!

Seattle
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Room 411 is below kitchen +dining area on 7th floor.Clang,bang,thump from 5:50AM to 10:30 PM on 2 of 3 night stay. Was offered free parking +$75.As repeat customer will not returrn to facility which is in need of upgrading also,

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank David W
Thank you for your honest feedback. I am sincerely sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly to discuss our shortcomings. Please let me know a good time to contact you. I want to offer a sincere apology and want you to know that I am very disappointed that our staff was unable or unaware to resolve these issues while you were here. Hope to hear from you soon.

Wooster, Ohio
Reviewed 28 March 2013

The Sorrento is an elegant oasis slightly removed from the major congestion of downtown Seattle. It is a smaller, very personalized hotel. The rooms are all individually decorated and many have outstanding views of Puget Sound. Considering what you get, the rooms prices are not exorbitant. There is a beautiful dining room and handsome public areas. This century-old, stately brick hotel is a standout in a city which has quite a few choices of first-class lodging.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are especially nice.