“Loved it”
Review of Hotel Sorrento

Hotel Sorrento
Ranked #22 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We had a great stay at the Sorrento. Staff was excellent very helpful with suggestions and making reservations for meals, etc. . We stayed in a Queen Suite. It's and older hotel with only 76 rooms but that's the type of hotel we like to stay in. They have a car that will take you anywhere in the downtown area. Location is excellent. Very easy to get around. There's a bar & restaurant plus more restaurants and bars within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
RandallObrecht, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

& we love this review! Thank you for such kind words. Appreciate the praise!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Sorrento

Reviewed 19 August 2013

My wife and I visited Seattle as part of our 25th Anniversary celebrations and spent a wonderful week at the Sorrento Hotel. From the very welcoming staff to the spacious and extremely comfortable room, it was an absolute pleasure to stay at a hotel that resolutely provides an almost otherwise forgotten standard of service and comfort. If you're tired of waking up in a hotel room that could belong to any one of a number of anonymous hotel chains, look no further than the Sorrento as a reminder of what hospitality really is. The public rooms are gorgeous, the bar staff knowledgeable and the food excellent.

Room Tip: The Jr Suites are well worth the small additional cost if you're staying for more than one night...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much. I am thrilled that our staff made such an impression. I sincerely appreciate that you enjoyed our unique property and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

The Sorrento holds a special place in my heart because that's where my wife and I spent the first night of our honeymoon. Every couple of years we stay there on our anniversary, even though we live close by. We like this hotel, the European feel, the history and all that. And perhaps we've gotten jaded over the years since we stay at nice hotels. But it feels like the Sorrento is starting to slip.

We stayed in a King Corner suite which ran $546 with tax. Things started with a hiccup when we had to call down to the front desk after 45 minutes to ask if there was a mixup in having our luggage brought up. The gentleman admitted that he thought it had already been sent up and would check on it (it arrived a few minutes later).

The furniture in the sitting room could stand some Old English and/or touch-up paint, the chair and couch cushions are getting a little flat. The King Corner Suite is the largest guest room in the hotel, yet it feels more like a tiny apartment than a large hotel room because the bath is down a private L-shaped hallway, the sitting room is across a little hallway from the bedroom, etc. The suite feels small when chopped up like this. The street (and rooftop) views aren't that exciting, but yes, it has that European feel to the room.

There was a jazz group in the Fireside Room that evening, and it made for a very enjoyable time. We had drinks and food while listening over a couple of hours. The server was excellent (attentive, without hounding you). The food was good and reasonably priced.

At brunch the next morning we had a turkey, avacado & bacon sandwich that was excellent. The portions were very large, and all tasted good. The server wasn't especially attentive. He always seemed pre-occupied when at our table (looking over his should as if something else more important was going on in the next room).

On checkout, I'm always slightly irked that their daily parking rate is the highest I've ever encountered -- $42.71 with tax. Add in the tip, and you're close to $50. I realize they don't have their own parking lot, but when you add this cost to the room rate, we're now at almost $600 a night. And for that. you can do better than the Sorrento in Seattle... unless you spent the first night of your marriage there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to submitting a review and providing useful feedback. I am sincerely sorry that we did not meet expectations. As you can see by the majority of the other reviews, we are not used to failing so miserably. I would love the opportunity to discuss specifics to improve our shortcomings.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We loved this hotel and the staff was first class! When you stay at an older hotel you give a few modern conveniences but get the charm and elegance of an old hotel, but that was perfectly fine with us. One down side to our suite was that the air conditioner was located in the sitting room so the bedroom was a little muggy the first night. When we mentioned this to the concierge he had housekeeping bring a fan up right away which solved that problem. The hotel's car service was much appreciated and I hope we tipped accordingly. The service couldn't have been more friendly and the hotel was beautiful and comfortable. I would definately go back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for the great review. I am glad that we were able to make your stay comfortable. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I wish I had written sooner but I have never found another hotel that has made me fall in love with it as much as The Sorrento. From the moment you pull up in the turnaround to the moment you leave it's like walking through a small piece of classic Seattle history with all of the comfort and lavishness of our modern society.

My first stay at The Sorrento was a business trip almost a year and a half ago. After checking into my room and oohing and ahhing over the intricate details of every nook and cranny I found myself down in the bar with a glass of perfectly chilled white wine while old black-and-white movies played and the bartenders charmed the out-of-towners. I was sadly only there for the one night. In my rush to make my train the next morning I left my cell phone in my room. I didn't notice it until I had already been dropped off at the train station by their lovely concierge. I called them in a panic (my phone is my lifeline for the business I'm in) and they immediately sent someone to find it (tucked under my pillow of all places!) who then rushed it to me, just in time to make my train.

My second visit to The Sorrento was less eventful (thankfully) but just as beautiful. A chilled glass of Reisling was available upon evening check-in and the bar waitstaff were just as amazing as the first time. Seeing The Sorrento lit up (during any time of year) is a beautiful sight to behold. If you ever find yourself looking for an amazing place to stay to complete, or upgrade, your Seattle experience....you can't do any better than The Sorrento.

I cannot wait for my next trip to Seattle so I can stay here again.

Room Tip: Choosing a good room at The Sorrento is easy....just call and make a reservation, all the rooms are...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

WOW!...
Speechless. Thank you for such praise! I have shared your comments with our staff and you have made their day! A true reminder of why we work in the hospitality industry. Thank you.

Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Beautiful old hotel, nicely redone. The staff here is amazing. We arrived three hrs prior to check in but were given a room immediately. Short walk to pikes and other landmarks. If you don't feel like walking there is a car service that will take you to downtown attractions. Must stay hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a nice review! I am glad that our town car came in handy and thrilled that our staff made such an impression. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Great location in the first hill area of Seattle. Near every thing. Very friendly staff willing to please in this small boutique hotel. A surprisingly good restaurant on the first floor well worth dining experience. Also great pub atmosphere in the bar with very good libations.
We had a king suite that was comfortable and well worth the cost.
Would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Get the King suite
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the kind review. I have shared your comments with our staff. A sincere thank you!