“Just perfect!”

Ranked #24 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
West Des Moines, Iowa
“Just perfect!”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon and absolutely loved it! I did some research for hotels on tripadvisor and this one definiltey stuck out. I HIGHLY recommend it. The staff was extremely courteous, the concierge helped with numerous recommendations, and it was a perfect location and the best was the bed. It was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Definitely a charming hotel:)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
RandallObrecht, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Wow! Thank you so, much for such wonderful praise.
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and have to agree that our beds are tough to get out of!
Thank you.

Sorrento Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Manila
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Love hardwood, leather and brass buttons. Historical feel to it. Beautiful hotel with excellent service, can get luxury car service as needed. Great location. Excellent value for money as well. Hotel restaurant frequented by locals who know the menu by heart. Meeting room we were in was odd-shaped but that added to the charm. Beautiful view was a distraction but I wouldn't have it any other way!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
RandallObrecht, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay & meeting.
We will shut the curtains next time! :)

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Travelled with my partner to Seattle for the first time in July 2013, and after researching around on Tripadvisor and compare notes with other websites, we decided to pick Sorrento Hotel. And we did not regret it! :)

It set a good start for our Seattle trip - we arrived a few hours earlier than the usual check-in time, and when we approached the reception to check-in, we were told we can do so right away - that put a HUGE smile on our face, since we've been up since 5am to catch our flight and we were totally worn out! Excellent customer service!

This is an updated classic semi-luxurious hotel - I personally love the building, the hotel classic decor and settings, the room is updated and yet classy, clean, spacious and unlike other old hotels, it does not have that 'moldy' carpet smell. The room comes with your own freshly ground coffee and french-press.:)

The location is great - within walking distance to literally everywhere. We walked to a whole lot of places, i.e. Pike Market, Capitol Hill, etc... we even walked all the way to the Space Needle!

There's a li'l bar inside the hotel and I did enjoy a couple cocktails there. There's also a bar across the street called Quarter Lounge, check it out. And if you need pharmacy or coffee fix, they are all along the Main St right outside the hotel. Very convenient.

Hope this helps. :)

Room Tip: Choose room on higher floor, if you like quieter environment. But not a deal breaker at all if you c...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ivan S
Wow! Thank you for such a great review.
So glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2013

In an ideal situation the hotel would be 3-5 blocks closer to the water but it worked out well and means it a slightly quieter location.

Seattle seems to have a large homeless population so pick your hotel wisely, this hotel seemed to be away from the homeless population.

The hotel had lots of character and nice classical rooms, I would expect a separate shower for the price but the bed was really comfortable and a tv with a large number of channels although no pay tv system.

I really liked the cosy lounge with a big open fire and great service.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank TheMilkMan2000
RandallObrecht, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 6 September 2013

My husband found this hotel for our Wedding Anniversary. We were only in town for Three days and nights and I had been looking for a "nice cheap hotel". After he told me to check out the Sorrento and see if I'd like to stay there. Wow, yes!!! It just looked so luxurious! After much searching and price comparison, it really wasn't that much difference ($30-40 a night). We got a Deluxe Room with a King bed. We got a package with the breakfast & parking were included. Loved the valet service. The Hotel is beautiful!!!! The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were perfect! Oh and the best shower EVER!! Big bathroom and everything was VERY CLEAN. Our maid was amazing! Irene was so sweet and did a great job. I liked the "homey" feel of this smaller hotel. You see the same people every day and they care about providing great service. Yes that was appreciated! The floors do squeak (but it is a very old hotel). Breakfast was really good all three days! The fitness room was excellent! Very nice new equipment.
I have only two negatives: The air conditioning couldn't really keep the room cool enough if it was turned off. If you open the bathroom window there is no screen to keep things from falling out and nothing to block full view if you are getting out of the shower. There is no fan in the bathroom so I would want the window open except even though I was on the 5th floor, I don't want people to see me from below or other windows in other buildings. I would rate this 4.5 stars! We really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much! Our staff appreciates your kind words and I have given special attention to Irene! Hope to see you again soon!

San Diego, California
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We went for the old world charm and were so very pleased, we were bummed we only booked for one night and had to fly out the next day! We were upgraded to a corner suite, complete with well appointed living area and separate bedroom. I agree with other reviewers that it is on the noisy side (floors creak, busy traffic area so you do hear "city" sounds), but get over it...they don't make 'em like this anymore. Adam in the Hunt Club mixes mean martinis and manhattans, along with a cocktail of the day and great happy hour appetizers. All the staff were superior; we were offered rides to Pike Place Market, and also to the light train station so we could get to Sea-Tac airport. (That blew my mind, too. What a transit system! $2.75 from downtown Seattle to the airport! The cab ride would cost you $40!) Truly, we wished we had booked for more than one night...guess we have to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade! Wow, those corner suites are...SWEET!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
You will have to come back! :)
I have shared your kind comments with our staff and have given Adam special recognition.
Sincerely appreciate the praise.

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a romantic getaway. My boyfriend was blown away by the architectural details & classy feel of the property. Our room was a junior suite and a corner unit. This gifted us with extra windows and views of the city. Our room was perfectly romantic with nicely appointed furnishings & the whitest, fluffiest bed ever. The hotel was quiet the entire time and we slept well. Staff could not have bent over backwards for us more. They offered excellent recommendations on local sights & dining & then drove us to & from our destination. The price we got through trip advisor made it even more wonderful. I would NOT recommend this hotel for children. It is also 8 blocks from the water/dining/sight-seeing, so if you are thinking about walking, plan on walking pretty much straight UP hill in order to get back to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you so much! I sincerely appreciate your praise regarding our staff. Thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon!