“a great hotel”
Review of Hotel Sorrento

Hotel Sorrento
Ranked #24 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This was a moderately priced, well located hotel in Seattle, with all sorts of ambiance and old world charm. We were able to walk from the hotel all over downtown Seattle in the 2 days we spent there- the only negative was that the walk back to the hotel was steep (of course not the hotel's fault). We ate breakfast and dinner in the hotel dining room and had drinks in the bar, and we were happy with all. The room was well appointed, very clean and neat. The hotel staff could not have more gracious. All in all, it had the feeling of a much more expensive luxury hotel. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We were just above the lobby on the second floor, and it was fine
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
RandallObrecht, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments! I am glad that you found us to be well located and our staff so gracious.We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was here for a business trip. The bedding and bath linens are very nice. The staff was very nice as well. There is a bad odor in the hallways, the sheer curtains needed laundering and pressing. The floor in my room felt like it had damage under the carpet. Having said the above shortcomings, the hotel has a comfortable, quality feel to it, worth the stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your honest feedback. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our friendly staff and I have shared it with them. Hope that you get to return when you do not have to work!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

We travelled directly from Europe to the Sorrento Hotel. On the second day my husband developed several bites on his arms and legs which he, as a public health specialist, diagnosed immediately as bed bug bites. He called it to the attention of the hotel management. Nothing was done during our five day stay. The hotel General Manager wrote to my husband upon our departure lamenting the situation and that: "We had our pest company come investigate after you checked out and they found just one bed bug. It was likely brought in on your luggage..." He proceeded to make us aware that we should be careful upon arrival to our home. My husband did not have any additional bites after departure. Our home certainly does not have any infestation. Two weeks have passed and lesions have almost cleared up. We are back in Seattle at another hotel. We certainly hope that the infestation has been taken care of as as the management has claimed. We enjoyed the food and cocktails and reading night at the bar.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adrianasa
RandallObrecht, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

This Review is being contested.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

The Sorrento Hotel is priced at the same prices as chain motels (I paid 159.00 for a king bed suite though Priceline.) But it has a gorgeous lobby, restaurant and bar- charmingly historic, and totally updated and warm. I was here in late November and Christmas decorations were up- so charming. The beds are super comfy and there are duvets covers and white linens. Tons of pillows of varying firmnesses is a nice touch. Lemon verbena soap. Pretty and stylish updating. marble shower surround and marble floor. Totally clean. Not 500.00 per night hotel furniture and fixtures, but very nicely done. Spotlessly clean (unlike some historic hotels.) Very, very nice staff. Getting here was a problem- my GPS couldn't pick up a signal in the downtown Seattle area especially around the Convention Center and the tunnels that lead into the downtown area. It's easy to get here from I-5, you come off the highway and make two turns, but having a map from something like Google maps would make things easier. Parking at the Sorrento is expensive, but there is a public parking lot right across the street. I came in lat night and it was fully lit in the parking area and above the meter. I'm a 50ish woman and was on my own. I felt safe in the area, though I wouldn't venture too far away on foot at night. Hotel has free car service for the downtown area which I used- nice convenience. $24.00 for 24 hours. I think the hotel is $48.00 for the same period- considerably higher anyway. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank LoveWailea

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a kind review. I am so thrilled that you found our unique property to be so "charming". I am also glad that you found our complimentary car service to be helpful. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We were staying here for hospital appointments. The hotel is beautiful, not too large and very comfortable. The staff is great. Parking is an additional charge but they bring the car around as many times as you need it day or night. The early evening drinks and sacks are reasonably priced and wonderful by the fireplace.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

I sincerely appreciate your kind words. I have shared your comments with our "friendly" staff! I am glad that you found our rooms to be comfortable and got to enjoy the historic fireplace. Hot Toddy?

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

We returned to The Sorrento Hotel one year after our first visit. Our four night stay was wonderful. The king sized bed and linens were extremely comfortable, the bathroom spacious with quality soaps and shampoos, and the coffee with French press and tea selection were delicious.

Walk a block to Saint James' Cathedral to see a beautiful building.

Street parking is free in the evenings and an alternative to the pricey valet IF travelers are up and out early.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank for for such a kind review! I am thrilled that you found our rooms to be so comfortable and were as you remembered. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The Sorrento Hotel is located one block from Virginia Mason Medical Center, 7 blocks from Harborview Medical Center, and 14 blocks from Pike Place Market. Hotel parking was $39 per night, but the lot across the street was just $24 for 12-24 hours. On-street parking was $4 per hour.

The hotel doormen and front desk staff were courteous and welcoming. Hot spiced apple cider in a samovar at the front desk was very pleasant on a cool evening. I noted a number of guests enjoying a complimentary glass of wine in the great room, just off the front hall, sitting in easy chairs near the fireplace. Behind the check-in desk was an enormous cabinet with pigeon holes for room keys and messages, like hotels in old Westerns.

This is a beautiful hotel with new carpeting and furnishings, along with historic personality. The bed and feather pillows (8!) and luxury linens/duvet were exceedingly comfortable. Thick fluffy towels, bathroom rugs and robes were a luxurious touch. We stayed in a surprisingly spacious junior suite with king bed on the southwest corner of the 5th floor, room 500. There was not a view of the water, due to downtown Seattle skyscrapers, but the sunset on a clear evening was lovely.

Our room had a refrigerator in the cabinet beneath the large flat-screen TV. In-room French-press coffee service with teacups made in Italy was a charming touch. The free WiFi connection was available in Italian or English, and was fast enough to stream Netflix.

On the hotel's lower level was a business center with computer and printer, a fitness center, and beautiful pilates studio with hardwood floor. On the 7th floor was a small ballroom with fireplace: the Penthouse. French doors opened onto an outdoor patio garden.

In summary, the Sorrento is a historic gem in Seattle's First Hill neighborhood just east of I-5. I gave it high marks for superior customer service, comfort, and being an incredible value. The Sorrento is a charming alternative to chain hotels.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank WiseKindTrue
RandallObrecht, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Wow! Thank you so much for the kind words. I am thrilled that you found the Sorrento to be unique and charming.We hope to see you again soon!