“The Sorrento”

Ranked #24 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Everett, Washington
“The Sorrento”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Best hotel I have ever stayed! The service was elegant from parking my car to checking out. The experience was first class all the wayI Mindy Cushing made sure my birthday was special with many unexpected surpises. She is FANTASTIC, classy and her attention to detail is incredible. The Sorrento is luck to have such an amazing employee! Everyone treated me wonderfully!
I give it a 5 out of 5 star rating and will definitely return,

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
RandallObrecht, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
I am so glad that we made your special event so memorable! I am absolutely thrilled that our staff made such an impression and that Mindy, made a difference. I have passed on your kind words and you have made our day! Hope to see you again soon.

Sorrento Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Sisters, Oregon
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I love this isolated slice of peace in the midst of such a super busy city. I stay at this hotel because after a long, hectic day working downtown Seattle, it is lovely to be able to come back to a hotel that doesn't remind me of the airport. Comfortable and relaxing with staff that always greet you, some by name, and remember details about a previous stay or some email correspondence. The guest rooms are comfortable and quiet with nightly rates that are much less than other, more centrally located hotels. I particularly appreciate the availability of local transportation which allows me to get to the places I need to be with the convenience of having my own vehicle but without the hassle. Thank you all, once again, for a fantastic experience.

Room Tip: they don't have a pool. i got carried away. but if they did i am sure it would be excellent.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Wow! Thank you so much for such kind comments! I am thrilled that you enjoyed our unique property and Guest Services. I sincerely appreciate that you took notice of our staff and that they made such an impression. Eager to see you again soon!

New York, NY
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is a an elegant old world hotel and the emphasis is on old. It is well located if you are going to be at the VIrginia Mason Hospital. It has a gorgeous lobby which is really elegant. The rooms are huge but less than perfect. I was shocked that I had an enormous suite with only a queen bed. Finding outlets for charging phones was a problem and there was no heat in the bathroom. THey call it a suite and the room is large enough to be one, but the extra room for was more like an alcove off the main bedroom. That said the room was very beautifully appointed and the bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. If you are coming for an early morning meeting and want breakfast first beware that the kitchen doesn't open until 7 for room service. It is a nice change from the modern hotels but modern certainly has it's conveniences.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your honest feedback. I apologize that you did not care for the room configuration of your Suite. It is one of the draw backs of a 100 year old historical building. Please notify us before your next visit, as the upside is we do not have any two rooms with the same floor plan!
I sincerely appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and have passed them on. Thank you again.

Sandy, Utah
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We visited the Sorrento in November 2012 when Wicked was in town. It is a great hotel with a good history and a good location. We prefer to stay away from the downtown areas when we travel so this was ideal for us. We traveled with a rental car, which allowed us to easily access our activities.

Restaurant located in the hotel was very good. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We were facing the front of the hotel. Good for people watching.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to submit your great feedback! Hope you enjoyed the show.
I have passed on your kind comments to our Chef and restaurant staff. Hope to see you again soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The staff were wonderful. The location was very convenient. I appreciate old hotels, but this one is a bit worse for wear. I appreciate hotels that accept pets, but this hotel certainly smells like it gets a lot of pets. The elevator absolutely stank every time I used it. My room also had a pet-like odor to it. The furniture and TV were nice and new and comfortable, but the room was dingy - more from age than from lack of cleaning. The room and bathroom were out of date, but clean. Meh, it's a good enough hotel. Good for a short stay for business. It was a bit load with traffic noise. But the friendly staff help to make up for the worn out atmosphere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the elevator and stairs.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank byrnee9
RandallObrecht, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for your honest feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed our staff and location, but obviously disappointed that you did not care for our facility. I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly to offer a proper apology. Please let me know a convenient time to contact you. I look forward to speaking with you.

Chehalis
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Sorrento is a beautifully appointed Hotel near the Hospital district in Seattle. After our experience at another hotel nearby decided to spend the extra money in hopes of getting a clean, well kept hotel. In comparison this was well worth the money. Received a patient at Virginia-Mason Hospital discount, don't know how much it was but again well worth it.

Room Tip: We were there only one night, so was not interested in the scenery.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
RandallObrecht, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you so much for your honest feedback. I hope you are recovering comfortably and all is well.
I am glad you found us to be a value and we were able to make you comfortable during an unpleasant time. Thank you again.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here in January 2014 for a quick get-away, getting in quite late at night. Check-in was a breeze, and the staff on duty were very friendly. The room itself was very nice - a very comfortable bed, a large bathroom, and a walk-in closet. The rooms were very quiet, with no hallway noise. Everything was very clean, and every staff person we ran into was very nice and professional. Great wi-fi as well! For us, it was only a 10-12 minute walk to Pike Place Market, and was ideally situated for wandering downtown Seattle. Overall, we would really recommend staying here!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words.
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and were so comfortable. Absolutely thrilled that our staff made an impression.
Hope to see you again soon!