“Should you Stay There??”
Review of Hotel Sorrento

Hotel Sorrento
Ranked #26 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Looks like a great boutique Hotel from the pictures. I got a Junior Suite. Small is not quite the word. Tiny is more like it!! Bathroom had was the size of a closet . Outer room was a joke pay extra for this. The space between the bed and tv had to walk side ways. Upon check in we asked how far Safeco Field was she said I don't know!! Good answer. No help at all. She gave us a room on top of the elevator with a gorgeous view of a parking lot. The elevator had staff running up and down with huge bins. Saw the same person 3 times. We had any early flight no one at the desk to give us a receipt nor was I emailed one. This was booked through American Express and their review did not match what we got. I expected a classier Hotel with service to match. Stuffy, noisy at 4am someone was in a closet next to the elevator slamming things. Don't go there!!

Room Tip: Don't stay there go to a Hotel who gives you more for your money!! Bed was so uncomfortable!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Nancy K
RandallObrecht, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for the honest feedback. I sincerely apologize and am embarrassed by your comments. As you can see by our other reviews this is not our normal standards and I would love opportunity to discuss your stay with you directly. Please let me know a convenient time to contact you. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This was not our first visit to the Sorrento and it will not be the last. We love coming up to Seattle and treating ourselves to this beautiful hotel. The accommodations are top notch, the staff is, too. It was our anniversary and we had a note and bottle of wine in our room. Our room was upgraded due to a price discrepancy. We did the Urban Distillery Tour and it was a blast. They picked us up right at the hotel. We also had the car take us to our dinner reservation in town. The breakfast at the Hunt Club was delicious. My only, only negative was if you are a light sleeper the room was on the front of the building and the street noise is significant.. I just love the charm and era of this old beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor and street noise was significant. Possibly the higher floors would be bett...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leila M

Thank you so much for the kind words about our friendly staff. We were so happy to see you again and are sincerely thrilled that we were able to make your special event memorable. I am glad that you enjoyed the distillery tour! This is a new & unique partnership for us and I am happy to hear you found it as cool as we do! Can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We live in the Seattle area, so we seldom have a need to stay in hotels there, but recently took advantage of the Sorrento's "Mornings on Madison" package. Overall, a very positive experience! We pulled up and left our car with the valet, went to our very pleasant room, had a glass of wine and a bite to eat in the bar, used the hotel's courtesy car to to get to an evening event downtown and had a delicious breakfast the next morning. It was much more convenient than driving home late at night and we thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and the staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CathyLen

Thank for taking the time for submitting such great feedback. I am glad to hear that our location was convenient for your night on the town! Extremely happy that you enjoyed your event and stay with us. Hope to see you again soon.

General manager

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed at the Sorrento when my wife had some medical procedures at the nearby Swedish Medical Center. Read all the positive reviews which, generally, I agree with. We visit Seattle 10+ times a year and like to stay downtown. The Sorrento was a nice change from the many modern hotels that occupy the downtown area. As mentioned in other reviews, the staff is very helpful -- we were greeted with two glasses of complimentary NW wines which we enjoyed in the Fireside Room while our luggage was taken up to our romm. A couple of notes: The property is not in what I would call the heart of downtown Seattle. Although doable, it's a healthy walk down to the waterfront, Pike Street Market, shopping, etc... However, the hotel does run a free of charge towncar that will take you where you want to go. If you want to walk out your front door and be in downtown Seattle, I'd suggest Hotel 1000 or the Inn at the Market. One other note, the floors in the hotel do squeak -- after all, it's 105 years old. If you're a light sleeper (as I am), you're likely to be woken when the folks in the room above you start their day. Regardless, this is a wonderfully charming property and we will be coming back to stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cougguy

Thank you so much for the kind words regarding our friendly staff. I hope your wife is recovering quickly and I am glad that we were able to make her comfortable during a difficult time. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our complimentry car service and ease your travels. Hope all is well and thank you again.

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I felt compelled to write my first ever TA review after staying at this hotel. The room was perfect for a family of four and the service so personal and welcoming. John on Concierge deserves a mention for helping with Brewpubs, record stores etc and for making our stay so special. Thank you

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Johnfisher1967

Thank you so much. I am absolutely thrilled that we inspired you to write your first review! Wow! I have shared your comments with Brian and he is so glad to have made an impression. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Location, location, location. My husband and I love this hotel. One can walk easily downtown to shop, enjoy the bar and restaurant or just look out your room window for a great view of the city.
It is an historic hotel with great service and charm. I tell everyone to stay there, because you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking at downtown.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jaywah
RandallObrecht, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am so glad that you find our location so convenient. So glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We recently spent 4 nights at the Sorrento, and loved every minute. The hotel's a little over 100 years old and boasts fine wood panelling everywhere and a generally 'old world' feel.

The rooms, though, are bang up to date. Excellent, massive, bed and very well appointed bathroom. Mini bar, fridge and lovely widescreen Panasonic TV (which I watched for only about 5 minutes. Nothing wrong with the set, but American TV stations...)

The staff deserve a special mention - universally friendly and helpful. After the first night my wife remarked that it was a shame there wasn't a reading light on her side of the bed...within 10 minutes a bedside table, complete with a lamp, was in place.

Totally fantastic place that I very much hope to revisit one day.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our friendly staff. I have passed on your comments and you have made our day. So glad that we made your stay comfortable, despite bad American TV :). Need more Sherlock!
Hope to see you again soon.