“A truely great hotel”
Review of Hotel Sorrento

Hotel Sorrento
Ranked #24 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 16 February 2011

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome. Every member of staff was so polite, cheerful, welcoming it made us feel great. Our suit was exquisite, very spacious, very tastefully furnished. We loved our weekend in this excellent hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 February 2011

I loved this hotel. First, it has a wonderful entrance--a circular driveway cut into the street corner, which makes it oddly hard to find. You drive up, enter, and find yourself in a turn-of-the-century lobby, which leads to an intimate concierge desk on one side and a bar on the other. Every time I went in and out, something exciting seemed to be happening in that bar! I was also really impressed by my room, which was old-fashioned but modern at the same time. Everything has obviously been restored and revamped since 1909, but in a really tasteful way. The bathroom still looked old-fashioned, but all the fixtures worked in a very new-fangled way. I approve! I wish I could have stayed a little longer, in order to enjoy the comfortable bed properly, and experience that bar!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank NewYorker44
Reviewed 19 January 2011

We held our company meeting at The Sorrento. Their Sales and Catering Managers were pleasant, attentive and very helpful when I made the arrangements. The service - during our meetings, for meals and in the bar/restaurant was terrific. This hotel is modeled after a hotel in Sorrento, Italy - from the beautiful dark wooden paneling in the lobby, bar and restaurant to the furniture and fixtures in the room, they strive to take you to Italy, while staying in downtown Seattle. If you want modern, edgy or a cookie-cutter hotel, then go to a Marriott. But if you want cozy, comfortable and unique, then The Sorrento is your place. Rooms are unique but they are all well-appointed - GREAT beds, upscale amenities and robe and my favorite... a french press coffeemaker in each room complete with delicious coffee so that you can make yourself a cup of fresh coffee anytime you want!. While their wine list isn't the longest, the selections are quite good and reasonably priced. We had a delicious meal in the hotel restaurant one evening and took advantage of a very short taxi ride to a local restaurant in downtown Seattle the next evening. (There are numerous excellent restaurants within walking distance.) If we have our company meeting in Seattle again, we'll be back at The Sorrento.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2011

I'm from Calgary, AB, Canada, and decided to visit Seattle during the Christmas holidays. I've travelled to a lot of places and stayed in very lovely and expensive hotels from Paris to London to Amsterdam, and various Canadian and US cities. My hotel standards are very high and on this particular trip opted to try this smaller hotel situated just blocks from the downtown core. Well, this turned out to be a hidden jewel - all the hotel staff, from the front desk attendants to the concierge, door/shuttle service staff, restaurant and cleaning staff were the friendliest and most helpful that I have ever encountered. The standard room I had was larger than most hotel rooms so there was no need to upgrade - it was beautifully decorated, super clean, and had a very spacious closet and loved the coffee bodum instead of the standard coffee maker. The bath products were lovely and l have an affection for all white marbled bathrooms. The beds were extremely comfortable and one can never go wrong with all-white linens. There was a problem with the phone one evening but that was immediately fixed as was the burned out light bulb in the closet. They addressed me by my name (and pronounced it correctly) so obviously took the time to know that. I will definitely return and stay here again ... you feel like they really care and it definitely shows ...

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2010

I stayed at the Sorrento for two nights. A colleague and I selected this hotel because it was within walking distance of a business meeting and we found a great rate on the Internet. The hotel was very comfortable and luxurious for the price. The standard rooms are on the small side, but that's to be expected given its location in downtown Seattle. I was given a free upgrade to a room with a more "suite"-like setup and enjoyed two TVs -- one in the bedroom and one in the sitting area. There is free wi-fi in the hotel, but parking is very expensive and valet-only (think carefully before you commit to parking there). If you don't mind walking several blocks, you can get to Pike's Market in perhaps 10-15 min. Convenient location in downtown Seattle; for the price we paid, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 December 2010

A personable staff, first class linens on the bed and great location make this one of my favorite local hotels. I live in Seattle and used this hotel for a weekend out (my company party was on one of the nights). This cozy little gem of a hotel is renowned in the city and is close to everything that matters. The hotel has a comfortable old-school feel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2010

With a historic hotel, you get the beautiful linens, nice soaps, etc. Wonderful tea and coffee for your use in your room. There was also a fridge with goodies in it that you would pay for if used. Loved this hotel in the heart of Seattle. The Public Market was about 5 blocks and all the quaint little places to eat and drink coffee were walking distance. Close to the museum and great part of town. Would definately stay again. The room was a bit small but that comes with older hotels. They had a restaurant that we did not eat at, but seemed nice and a separate bar that of course with hotels, you will pay a much higher price for. The staff was wonderful and provided great service along with providing needed directions.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple