“Prestigious” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Texas
“Prestigious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I was in Seattle, WA for a Friday plus weekend business stay in Westin. The hotel was pretty prestigious, with its perfect location and almost skyscraper two towers. At 35th story of south tower, I was able to see the entire Pike's market. The check-in efficiency, though, was a little bit less than what was expected. I waited for nearly 20 minutes in the line at 1:30 am to be checked in, which was quite frustrating, since it was 1:30 AM and I had a big day the next day. Other than that, everything seems to be quite fine. Breakfast is not free. Wifi speed is acceptable. But the view is JUST FANTASTIC! You see all the city in a typical gloomy rain season Seattle through a HUGE glass window. Absolutely prestigious!

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Veronica S
GuestRelationsMgrTWS, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for your review Veronica. We are sorry for the long delay to check-in, especially at 1:30 a.m. and understand your frustration. While your arrival was less than what we both expect, we are glad that you enjoyed the view from your room and trust you were able to unwind and relax once you were settled. We hope to see you again at The Westin Seattle. Thank you again for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (604)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Every time I'm in Seattle my company puts me up here. I couldn't be happier. The bed is extremely comfortable, and the room overall is well designed and functional (with a desk for working) and a couch for impromptu meetings.

Relish is great for a quick bite and the Starbucks across the street is totally convenient.

Next time I come, I want to book an extra day just to get more time in the city, and I will definitely stay here!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kacy B
GuestRelationsMgrTWS, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for your review and high rating! We are delighted you enjoyed your stays with us and look forward to your return.
Zelienople, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I booked our hotel through Hotwire since I wasn’t set on any specific place to stay during our pre-cruise stay in Seattle. I selected the options of 4-star in the downtown area & was given the Westin downtown. Overall we were very happy with the Westin’s location and the convenience to everything we wanted to do. It was only a short walk to the market and waterfront. There were many great places to eat within walking distance. Our room was completely adequate. We ended up with a room that had a nice view of the city as well. The girl at the front desk that checked us in was extremely helpful assisting us with locations she would recommend to eat in the surrounding area. We were very pleased with our stay!

2 Thank Heather G
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the opportunity to be of service for your pre-cruise stay and glad you found our service helpful and location convenient. Please keep us in mind when your travels bring you back to Seattle.
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed here for 6 days in Oct. People say that is not the best (weather-wise) time to see Seattle, but I had to be there on business nearby. I have to say, it wasn't bad. I came prepared for the weather and it was part of the Seattle experience as far as I'm concerned.

I enjoyed our stay at the Westin!

Pros-
-very friendly and helpful staff- from the front desk to the concierge, the restaurant, the bell and door staff, the room service staff- *Everyone* was helpful, friendly and accommodating. I don't know if people are just friendlier in general in Seattle (our experience was great) or if it's just that this is a great hotel.
-the concierge staff was especially helpful in planning our excursions and exploring the area
-lots of outlets in the room so that business travelers can plug in their gadgets
-hotel is in easy walking distance to sites such as the Space Needle (or even easier, catch the monorail just across the street at the mall), Pike Place etc.
-clean, updated, well-maintained rooms
-circular design of hotel means probably most rooms have some cool views- we could see the sound/the space needle from ours- awesome!
-heated indoor pool with hot tub- great for exercising or relaxing

Cons-
-1 on-site restaurant is really not big enough for such a large hotel- if you're there when it's full and especially on a weekend morning at breakfast

Bottom line- this is wonderful, well-run hotel. They really left a great impression on me. I am a meeting planner so when a property does things well, they really stand out to me.

Thank you for a great experience!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank rohugh
Thank you for your detailed review of your stay with us. We appreciate your positive comments on the service you received from our front desk, concierges, Relish Burger Bistro, door and Service Express staff along with our convenient location to attractions such as Pike Place Market and Space Needle.

We are sorry for to hear the high breakfast volume in Relish detracted from your enjoyment of this restaurant.

We look forward to being of service on your next visit to Seattle. Thank you again for your review.
Danville, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I like the location of this hotel. It is very close to the running path that goes along the water, and close to one of my favorite restaurants "Palace Kitchen". Other hotels are closer to shops etc - but for my likes I prefer to be near the running path. I have stayed her numerous times, and the service has always been very good. On one visit I forgot my running socks and Service Express brought a new pair to my room (it was early and the gift shop was not open). There are 2 towers - I prefer to stay in the tower that has the gym in it. Room service is very efficient (I ordered breakfast and it was delivered in about 20 minutes). Valet had my car waiting and were accurate with directions. This is the hotel I return to most frequently in Seattle.

Room Tip: If you want to use the gym, ask for a room in the tower that has the gym.
Green Features: Green choice - if I elect to not have my room serviced, they give me a $ or loyalty point credit. They will still deliver coffee packets, shampoo etc. if you need it - just call Service Express.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank SandraBaja
Thank you for your review, Sandra! We partner with New Balance to provide athletic shoes and apparel during your stay, for a nominal fee, through our Gear Lending program and we have running maps for download through our website. Additionally, maps are available at the concierge desk. Your positive comments regarding in-room dining and valet parking are appreciated and will be shared with our teams. We look forward to your next visit.
Kent, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

This a very well located hotel with associated standards you would expect of a Westin. Our room a good size, very comfortable and great view. The walk down to Pike Street Market was a comfortable 10-15 minutes.
Initial thoughts that hotel car parking was expensive were soon dispelled when seeing cost of on-street parking.
Would certainly use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room with a view at front of hotel is a bonus.
2 Thank AndyTraveller
Thank you for your review, Andy! So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your return when your travels bring you back to Seattle.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our daughter got married at the Palace Ballroom & we treated ourselves to a wonderful night in Seattle! The room was large and well appointed. As always the bed was incredibly comfortable and the linens luxurious. Would have loved to stay another night but alas, life went back to well... life!

1 Thank Leslie S
GuestRelationsMgrTWS, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for your review and high rating! We are flattered to be your hotel of choice for such a special occasion as your daughter’s wedding. We hope the wonderful memories of this day will bring a smile to your face for many years to come.