“Even Better Than Expected”
Review of The Westin Seattle

The Westin Seattle
Ranked #44 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My husband and I have always enjoyed our stays at Westin hotels. You can always expect a certain level of accommodation, comfort and service. We knew this was going to be a safe bet but it exceeded our expectations!

The location is fantastic! Within walking distance of so many great restaurants and Pike Place Market. The room was quite spacious and very comfortable. The staff was friendly and we were surprised to find out when we were booking our stay that we were going to be able to bring our dog with us too! And then there was the view... the view of the Space Needle and the Sound was the icing on the cake!! We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you can afford the upgrade for a grand view room, you will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsTLaves
GuestRelationsMgrTWS, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for your review and great rating! So pleased you and your husband enjoyed your time here and all of us look forward to your return. Our Holiday Shopping Package is now available to book on our website. Thank you again!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed at the Westin for one night as a pre-cruise hotel. It was a nice stay but there was nothing that really made me say wow, this is an amazing hotel!

The check in line was slow, we were next in line and it was still about 10 minutes. The Front Desk staff were very friendly and provided good information about the hotel and facilities.

The room (oddly I took no photos) was large and very clean. Ours was on the 43rd floor so the view was fabulous. The amenities were good, bathroom fixings, coffee, tea and bottled water. We had a king bed that was comfortable. Although our room was near the elevator there was little to no noise that we heard from the hallway.

The hotels location was excellent.. close to everything.. if you don't mind walking 10-15 minutes to really get anywhere. We enjoyed a great day of exploring. Otherwise I think it's just a couple of blocks to the light rail train system. Taxi's are readily available.

At one point ended up in the hotel lounge, it was busy and service was slow. We did however enjoy the breakfast buffet before the cruise. They were kind enough to hold it open a few minutes longer for us and it was worth every penny. Good Coffee, included Juice and everything healthy or otherwise available in the buffet.

Check out was slower than check in. After half an hour with only marginal movement, I gave up and threw my cards in the express check out bin. There were many folks in line trying to get out to make flights etc that were getting frustrated.

Would I recommend staying here? yes. With the proviso that it's clean, well located and well priced. Service is okay expect that and all will be well.

Room Tip: The 43rd floor has great views :)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happyroo

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive comments and criticism on our service during check-in and checkout, and apologize for the inconveniences. It is our hope the positive aspects outweigh the negatives and you will return in the future so we may exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your detailed review.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Was here for a large conference. As with all conferences there was a line to check-in but it moved quickly. With the tower architecture every room has a great view of Seattle. The location is right next to the monorail which takes you to the space needle area and is also next to the streetcar stop and is only a few steps to the entrance of the light rail. Essentially you can get anywhere you need to without a car. We did have a rental car and the garage is next to the hotel connected by a skybridge. Parking was expensive and there were several lots that are cheaper around the hotel. The room was clean however there is little to no space to put clothes. Their is a miniature dresser in the closet and the closet itself is very tiny. There is no room in the closet to store a large suitcase. The nice surprise at the hotel was the burger restaurant Relish. I never eat at hotel restaurants but was in a jam with some timing and had to eat right then or not eat so I bit the bullet and ordered a burger. I was glad I did.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dlarruso

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear you enjoyed your room and dining in Relish Burger Bistro. We apologize you were surprised by the cost of parking. Currently, our valet parking rate is $46 overnight and self-park is $41. For future reference, our parking rates are posted on our website. We hope to be of service the next time you travel to Seattle. Thank you again.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I was in Seattle, WA for a Friday plus weekend business stay in Westin. The hotel was pretty prestigious, with its perfect location and almost skyscraper two towers. At 35th story of south tower, I was able to see the entire Pike's market. The check-in efficiency, though, was a little bit less than what was expected. I waited for nearly 20 minutes in the line at 1:30 am to be checked in, which was quite frustrating, since it was 1:30 AM and I had a big day the next day. Other than that, everything seems to be quite fine. Breakfast is not free. Wifi speed is acceptable. But the view is JUST FANTASTIC! You see all the city in a typical gloomy rain season Seattle through a HUGE glass window. Absolutely prestigious!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Veronica S
GuestRelationsMgrTWS, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for your review Veronica. We are sorry for the long delay to check-in, especially at 1:30 a.m. and understand your frustration. While your arrival was less than what we both expect, we are glad that you enjoyed the view from your room and trust you were able to unwind and relax once you were settled. We hope to see you again at The Westin Seattle. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Every time I'm in Seattle my company puts me up here. I couldn't be happier. The bed is extremely comfortable, and the room overall is well designed and functional (with a desk for working) and a couch for impromptu meetings.

Relish is great for a quick bite and the Starbucks across the street is totally convenient.

Next time I come, I want to book an extra day just to get more time in the city, and I will definitely stay here!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kacy B
GuestRelationsMgrTWS, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for your review and high rating! We are delighted you enjoyed your stays with us and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I booked our hotel through Hotwire since I wasn’t set on any specific place to stay during our pre-cruise stay in Seattle. I selected the options of 4-star in the downtown area & was given the Westin downtown. Overall we were very happy with the Westin’s location and the convenience to everything we wanted to do. It was only a short walk to the market and waterfront. There were many great places to eat within walking distance. Our room was completely adequate. We ended up with a room that had a nice view of the city as well. The girl at the front desk that checked us in was extremely helpful assisting us with locations she would recommend to eat in the surrounding area. We were very pleased with our stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Heather G

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the opportunity to be of service for your pre-cruise stay and glad you found our service helpful and location convenient. Please keep us in mind when your travels bring you back to Seattle.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed here for 6 days in Oct. People say that is not the best (weather-wise) time to see Seattle, but I had to be there on business nearby. I have to say, it wasn't bad. I came prepared for the weather and it was part of the Seattle experience as far as I'm concerned.

I enjoyed our stay at the Westin!

Pros-
-very friendly and helpful staff- from the front desk to the concierge, the restaurant, the bell and door staff, the room service staff- *Everyone* was helpful, friendly and accommodating. I don't know if people are just friendlier in general in Seattle (our experience was great) or if it's just that this is a great hotel.
-the concierge staff was especially helpful in planning our excursions and exploring the area
-lots of outlets in the room so that business travelers can plug in their gadgets
-hotel is in easy walking distance to sites such as the Space Needle (or even easier, catch the monorail just across the street at the mall), Pike Place etc.
-clean, updated, well-maintained rooms
-circular design of hotel means probably most rooms have some cool views- we could see the sound/the space needle from ours- awesome!
-heated indoor pool with hot tub- great for exercising or relaxing

Cons-
-1 on-site restaurant is really not big enough for such a large hotel- if you're there when it's full and especially on a weekend morning at breakfast

Bottom line- this is wonderful, well-run hotel. They really left a great impression on me. I am a meeting planner so when a property does things well, they really stand out to me.

Thank you for a great experience!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank rohugh

Thank you for your detailed review of your stay with us. We appreciate your positive comments on the service you received from our front desk, concierges, Relish Burger Bistro, door and Service Express staff along with our convenient location to attractions such as Pike Place Market and Space Needle.

We are sorry for to hear the high breakfast volume in Relish detracted from your enjoyment of this restaurant.

We look forward to being of service on your next visit to Seattle. Thank you again for your review.