We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary in Seattle over the Thanksgiving weekend. I had contacted 6 Seattle hotels to see if they could perhaps provide an upgraded room given the occasion. Camilla V of The Westin Seattle was the only reply I received who indicated they would prepare an upgraded room with a nice water view as well as Space Needle. We wish to thank her professionalism, and for organizing this on our behalf. She also answered several questions we had with respect to the hotel. We were in the North tower which also housed the exercise room, pool and hot tub on the 5th floor. Unfortunately, we did not have time to fully enjoy the facilities however, I did check the water temperature which was likely 82-84F which is great for an indoor hotel pool. Concierge Richard was great at providing answers prior to our arrival. Light Rail from the airport was $2.75 and took about 50 minutes including the short 7-8min walk from Westlake Station. Our room was not ready when we arrived at 12:45 due to a late check out however; we were contacted once the room was ready. We did use SPG points. The check-in took about 3 minutes and was so efficient thanks to Amanda who assisted us. The hotel was very busy given on-site registration for a city marathon on Sunday and Monday night football. We enjoyed a couple of burgers on-site at Relish Bistro. Philip provided great service. A bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries greeted us along with a Front Office signed card to our surprise. Other concierge's Judy and Louise were also helpful during our stay. We wish to applaud the hotel management for their "Make a green choice" program were points are offered in lieu of housekeeping service. We asked for fresh towels on our second day and they were promptly delivered to us without hesitation. Nice quality for the record! The lobby is very relaxing and good wifi coverage. The location is great for shopping, eating even renting a car where there are at least three vendors within a 10 min walk. The room was extremely clean as was the bathroom. The blackout curtains were excellent as was the typical Westin heavenly bed. The room ventilation system was one of the quietest units we have ever experienced in any given hotel stay. Taxi service was readily available from the Valet parking area. Unlike some negative comments I read, I can honestly say that none were true in our experience. Again, thanks to Camilla who was responsible for us choosing this hotel (I wish she worked at all SPG properties!) and Amanda for warmly welcoming us upon arrival. We were also able to get a late check-out which was great given we had tickets for Monday night football. We would highly recommend The Westin Seattle for anyone visiting Seattle whether for business or pleasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Downtown Seattle Hotel is the front door to shopping, dining and the vibrant downtown Seattle experience. Leave the car at home and walk to the Space Needle, Pike Place Market, the Great Wheel, the Aquarium and more all within just blocks of our hotel! Take the light rail to and from the airport for just $3 each way. Our brand is truly focused on healthy living while on the road. We feature our 10 layer signature Heavenly Beds for the most comfortable night's sleep. Our RunWestin program takes guests on a guided 3 mile run every Tuesday and Wednesday morning through Seattle's best attractions. With Gear Lending, no need to pack your gym gear, for just $5 guests can borrow fresh New Balance clothing and shoes including brand new socks that are yours to keep! Enjoy our fitness center, indoor pool, and outdoor pool deck. Grab a smoothie or fresh juice at our barista stand, or stay for lunch or dinner at our Relish Burger Bistro serving salads, burgers, and fresh, locally sourced cuisine. For families our Westin Family program provides kids with an interactive journal to document their visit to Seattle with fun games and coloring activities. And don't leave your pet at home! Pets stay free with us as we know they're just like family and our guests can even request a heavenly dog bed and dog food and water bowls at check in. Come enjoy Seattle and take comfort in knowing our staff values you like family. Explore our freshly renovated meeting and event space for your next event or head out for a night on the town with so much to see and door right outside our door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Westin Seattle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Seattle Hotel Seattle
- Westin Seattle
- The Westin Hotel Seattle Wa
- Seattle Westin