“very nice & a little unusual”
Review of The Westin Seattle

The Westin Seattle
Ranked #44 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I enjoyed my two nights in the Westin--bed was wonderfully comfortable, room large, and there's something very pleasant about the non-standard shape of the room (the hotel towers are round) and the way there's a bit of separation between you and the door to the hall. Even my non-view room had a nice view with a tiny glimpse of a lake. In the room, peaceful and quiet as I could wish.

I've knocked off a star because when I arrived the coffee maker hadn't been cleaned and the supplies for coffee weren't filled. Luckily I happened to check in the afternoon--I'd have been pretty unhappy if I'd wakened and found I couldn't make a cup of coffee first thing. The staff were very apologetic and a half hour after I phoned down a lovely person came with many fresh supplies. (Cleaning the old grounds myself wouldn't have bothered me that much.)

Every other aspect of room was very clean--so this was just an oversight, cleary--it was all in a cupboard that hadn't been checked.

This is also one of those hotels that gives you free internet in the lobby but charges for use in the room--which at this point just feels ridiculous.

Easy walk to the Convention Center and many great restaurants. I'd happily stay at this Westin again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank jhpac

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Enjoyed staying at the Westin, everything was very nice, but the Hotel does have some age on it. The Rooms were very nice. Nice Location near the Monorail and Light rail. You can take it form the airport to about a block away, I would not rent a car unless you needed to get way outside the city, it was $46 a day to Valet.

Room Tip: They have Non-Smoking floors.
1  Thank Jack W
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Great location for connecting everywhere! Big, busy chain hotel but worked for taking 10 yr old and 5yr old to Seattle for the weekend. It was clean and comfortable but nothing extra---no free WiFI, movies not working due to upgrade to HD, no coffee or tea in room. Pool cold, noticed only kids in and hot tub filled with foam. Staff was very friendly plus helpful. Our safe never worked so had to take valuables to desk every time left hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for view of water. elevators slower in North Tower
Reviewed 15 March 2014

If you're looking for a peaceful "zen-like" Westin stay in Seattle this is probably the best choice. Probably the nicest hotel on the northern edge of downtown, the neighborhood is more peaceful and transitions to residential in the walking-distance to the Space Needle. Minimal noise from traffic when compared with most of the other downtown hotels, particularly if you're in the North tower.

This is not your "scene" type Westin so be prepared for a quiet hotel. It did have a gym and pool which were well equipped but cramped and on a low floor. There was not a lot of service people tripping over you (which can be good or bad). If you do want luggage or reception service, go to the SE corner of the building. While there are loading zones on the west side, and it looks like there'd be service, there is not.

The room itself was very good, but didn't blow my socks off for a Platinum upgrade - just a standard room on a higher floor with a good view of the sound and the space needle. The room itself is larger than most standard room and very comfortable with the standard Westin Bed items. It is large enough to easily accommodate a rollaway bed which ALWAYS should be used instead of the sleeper sofa in any Westin. They have very nice rollaway mattresses.

All in all a very good stay and this will be the choice when downtown, even though I find the Fairmont more luxurious. The location is so much better.

Room Tip: North Tower High floor view of sound or space needle
1  Thank WickedMadTraveler
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I have to say, the room itself was very nice, with a beautiful view. Location is great, too. I couldn't believe though, that they didn't have in-room movies, or even HD TV. Individual employees were very nice, but they had one number for all service requests, and they only answered about 1/2 the time, never when I pushed the "Express Service" button. The worst thing was the sleeper sofa. It was terrible! I still have bruises from the coils jabbing me all night. In spite of these negatives, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, as long as I don't need to sleep on the sleeper!

Room Tip: Choose a high floor for a great view!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2014

when the front desk suggested the 'Green option', I chose the option thinking that it was mainly for not changing sheets, towels, etc. What I did not realise is that they do not tidy up your room, remove the used coffee cups or even to be surprised early in the morning sitting in the toilet that you have run out of TPs! I think this is more of a money saving option for Westin though we would have paid the full price and not really a green option. Hotel staff do not know how to deal with customers and are not courteous. I have had another experience in a different Westin where I was a bit loud on the phone in my room as the person at the other end was hard of hearing. While I was still on the phone I heard loud bangs on the door and the Manager standing there instructed I should talk softy! I was not screaming my head off, I was only louder a bit.

DO NOT TAKE THE GREEN OPTION ... its only a money saving tactic

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Vidya N
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed here recently and it was FANTASTIC! Had a great room with a BEAUTIFUL view of Elliott Bay and the city. Staff was great. Location is amazing. Close to all the downtown attractions. Monorail to space needle is just a block or so away. Waterfront, downtown shops, Pike Place market are all very close. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple