The Westin Seattle
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
US$242
  • Breakfast included
US$304
US$241
US$544
US$526
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$549
galahotels.com
  • Pool
2,917 results
All reviewsnorth towerheavenly bedgreat locationspace needlespg memberpike place markethigh floorconcierge desklobby barself parkwithin walking distancelight railpuget soundbusiness tripcity viewcentral locationacross the street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed here for two days before taking a cruise. Had a wonderful spacious room that looked out to the space needle. Loved the design of the hotel in general. It is a little dated but still very nice and clean. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. I didn't like the restaurant in the lobby much but besides that a great place to stay while in the city.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor facing North (Space Needle) or West (Ocean).
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank liveandtimes
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I remember the Westin back when it was called Western International Hotels, and this location was the cream of the crop for Seattle hotels. It's an older hotel, but it's aged pretty well. There were only a few minor quirks, but overall it was an excellent stay.

Check-in was painless for downtown / Seattle Center hotels. We arrived late and the parking garage was closed, but the valet has a gate to let guests through. We parked, took the elevator down to the ground floor, walked to the lobby entrance, took an escalator up to the check-in desk, and checked in all within about 15 minutes.

There are two towers, north and south, and both are high - 47 floors each, I think. The rooms form a circle around each tower. We were in a rather low floor, which was fine for us... we were there for family activities and a great view wasn't our main priority. However, if you want a great view, you should stay on the higher floors. Our view on the 15th floor, north tower, Space Needle side was a great view of the Cinerama Theatre and the top of the Space Needle, the rest was obstructed by new construction between the Westin and Seattle Center.

As far as noise, we were quite a ways from the elevators but there was no noise and the walls seem to be able to contain any noise from people walking through the halls. We slept well without any disturbances throughout our stay.

The room was clean and stayed clean throughout. The beds were comfortable and clean. There is a Sony DVD or Blu-Ray player (don't know, didn't bring and discs with me to find out) near the TV, which you have to plug in to the TV but is the only movie option, besides Showtime... no PPV, even though there are buttons for it on the remote which do nothing. There is an old-style mini bar with a fridge that senses when you take items out, and no room to put any personal items in the fridge. Despite that, they charge you $7.00 if you use the fridge to store personal items.

For those who like to indulge, room service prices are outrageous. I arrived after midnight after a long flight, and my kids were starving. The McDonalds near the hotel had already closed, so aside from driving a few miles to get food, my only choice was their 24 hour room service. Two turkey melts and milks for my kids and a salad for me, and I was in for $110 with tip. By far the most expensive room service I've ever had.

Parking is also pricey, $41 per night self-park and you're lucky to find spaces in the garage on the weekends. Of course, for $5 more per night, you can let the valets worry about finding you a space.

That said, the Westin is probably the best hotel in Seattle, and though their prices reflect that, it's still a great experience.

Room Tip: High levels floors for a better view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband had never been to Seattle before (I was stationed there in the Navy and he was stationed in VA in the Army) so when he came to visit I decided to book us a nice room in the city. I shelled out a few extra bucks to get us a room with a view of the Space Needle. Be careful when you do this because you can request that view, and they can put the request in your reservation, but they only have a few of these rooms and they can not promise one. Pretty much you have to show up and hope that you get it. I called and bugged them about it for 2 weeks before we showed up and it worked because we had a beautiful view. I have never been a fan of Seattle and pretty much hated the state for the entire time I was stationed there, but I will admit that the room made it look great. It stopped raining just long enough for us to enjoy what we had paid for. The rooms themselves are a little snug, but very nicely furnished and high quality. I would definetly stay there again. The staff was very professional and the location was in the middle of a lot of things.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for a Space Needle View Room and then call to make sure you're going to get it!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
AshleyGuestServices, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We are thrilled to hear that you were able to enjoy one of our stunning views of the Space Needle. We hope that you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Sales team was hard to deal with. When dealing with this hotel contract wise, be detailed and don't assume. Service staff was great. In house restaurant delicious. Walking distance to the Pike Market and Stratosphere. Food at near by restaurants, great!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Vivian C
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This hotel is a treat. The room is very clean and the staff very courteous. The bed mattress is one of the best I have slept in. If you forget your gym clothes, they will lend you clothes and even the shoes. Nice extra touch for those who travel light on business.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business