“Great Place to Stay in Seattle with Excellent Service!!!”
Review of The Westin Seattle

The Westin Seattle
Ranked #45 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Great Place to Stay in Seattle with Excellent Service!!!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We traveled into Seattle with no reservations and had the pleasures of having Josh check us in to the Westin, For sure ask for Josh! He is the best we had 2 adults and 2 children and he was FANTASTIC! Great place to stay with pool and hot tub, which I guess is hard to find in Seattle,. Worth the price and the view was AMAZING!!! Thanks Josh for making the MN people a great place to visit Seattle . I would highly recommned to anyone that would ask and would for sure visit you again!!!

Room Tip: Any room is great
Green Features: Make sure to save the economy and only use room service as needed
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (658)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Rockwall, Texas
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Much has been written about this place; I'll add more. Location, location - they've got it, but it's no excuse for worn out furniture, smallest bathrooms in the US, (think Eurpoean and cut it in half) misleading web site promises and overall piss poor service. As an SPG Platinum member, I was not upgraded - their loss, as I won't be back. I had reserved the upper floor room, with "sweeping views of Puget sound and floor to celing windows." At least the views of the sound were accurate but the windows, while starting at the floor, were a solid three feet from the ceiling. Is this truth in deception or an overt lie? Either way, NO windows on the 42nd floor go to the ceiling, as advertised. The front desk folks could all use refresher lessons from charm school; they were ALL surley and generally unaccomodating, including the walled off "private" Diamond and Platinum member checkin. They should be ashamed and embarassed, as was I. On a brighter note, the valet guys were beyond excellent and accommodating. I'd rate them the best in Seattle, if not the country. We noted they were a private firm and were not Westin employees; it showed. Our server at breakfast was also beyond excellent. I did not get her name, but she was from Lithuania and took care of us like any good mother would do. Ask for her.
I stayed here due to my SPG status, but it wasn't worth the effort. There are far, far better hotels in Seattle that deserve my business. The Four Seasons around the corner practically had my name on the front entrance; they were overly accommodating and i wasn't even staying there. From here on, I'm leaving the "status " at home and going for sure, predictable quality. SPG has lost my business.

Room Tip: Hard to say; the web site is not truthful. I'll stay somewhere else next time.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Drroady
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Well I had an overall good stay at the hotel with few bad things. I will list down all in detail.

Good things:
1. Location is really good, can't be better. Easy access to monorail for space needle, walking distance from downtown attractions and places
2. Staff is amazing! All are very good and attend to needs promptly. Right from front desk, to housekeeping, and to people at the lounge! Full marks here
3. Outside architecture is nice

Bad things:
1. Hotel requires renovation. Elevators are old, and broke down couple of times
2. Swimming pool and jacuzzi maintenance is bad. They put so much chlorine that the entire 5th level smells of chlorine even when you are passing by in an elevator. And when I used jacuzzi, water was dirty. I have a suggestion, please clean pool and jacuzzi at least once in a day or two days, rather than using excess chlorine as an excuse.
3. Most important, food in the restaurant was pathetic! Relish bistro is such an over hyped place. I ordered Beans burger and it was probably the worst burger I've had so far. For a vegetarian, there are no options. Tomato soup was more like offering canned tomato puree. And in breakfast I could only have granola with yogurt! And moreover these guys politely refuse to make something vegetarian. This is certainly not acceptable in a hotel which caters to international travelers of varied food preferences.

Green Features: opt for green program, and earn 500 points every night! its really cool.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank saurabh1103
Lynden, Washington
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Very nice hotel with comfortable rooms. Great downtown location close to several excellent restaurants and the market. Great shopping near the hotel including Nordstrom's.This hotel is always first on our list when we visit Seattle.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jen_Mark12
AshleyGuestServices, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you very much for the excellent review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I am a Gold SPG member working on Platinum, this was my first stay at this hotel. I was visiting with my family from Friday to Sunday. I am a Seattle suburbanite and we were going to Comicon and staying downtown was convenient. The location is great, just blocks from tons of great stuff like the convention center, Jazz Alley, etc. The hotel itself is fairly modern and nice, in addition the staff was friendly. However, we did not have hot water for our entire stay here. On the first day the manager apologized, quite nicely, and gave us a $75 discount and attributed the issue to faulty equipment. So cold showers were had by us. Well, it certainly woke us up! The same occurred the next day. So we just skipped showers. The front desk attributed this to guests using up all of the hot water. And we received a $50 discount the second time around. Well, I can live with that over a weekend and let it slide. It wasn't great but we got a $125 discount. But as a frequent business traveler, this would have been 100% unacceptable had I been staying there on business. This may be just a freak occurrence, but no hot water for 2 days? Ah well, next year I will book their big brother hotel instead, the Sheraton...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank axs666
AshleyGuestServices, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. We value your loyalty to the Westin brand and SPG program, and are very disappointed we fell below your expectations. We sincerely apologize for the lack of hot water during your visit. Fortunately, we have figured out the root of the problem and it has since been fixed. We hope you will give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you are staying in Seattle. Please contact me at ashley.mcfarland@westin.com prior to your stay and I will be sure to make the next experience with us reflect the Westin standard. Thank you again for your review.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife stayed here over the weekend, and while she lay sick in bed with Bronchitis, one of the hotel's staff, delivering room service, stole her purse. Management maintained that nobody that works there would do such a thing, and tried to blame it on my wife. Later, her purse turned up on another floor, and was returned to her by security. Everything but the cash ($540) was there, so in that sense she was lucky. The only two people in the room besides my wife were the two staff who delivered food. The hotel management continues to insist that nobody on their staff is at fault. If you want to keep your possessions, steer clear of this den of thieves.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank PeterF159
GuestRelationsMgrTWS, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for your post. We are glad we spoke with you directly to resolve your concerns. Please contact us if you have any further questions.
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent two nights here with our infant son - everything was great. Parking wasn't too expensive, room service was great, location awesome, room clean. Definitely what you'd expect from a Westin. I'd highly recommend this property.

Cons: you pay for everything (wifi, water, etc.). I always hate upper $$ hotels that nickel-and-dime for the extras!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family