We ( me and my wife) recently spent two nights at the Westin, and this was our first trip to Seattle after moving to Washington.
The hotel is very well located,as other reviewers have described, consists of two cylindrical towers, most floors with just 10 rooms, so pretty much a reasonable view from any room. We were on the 45th floor and got a city view with some water/dockside thrown in.
Check in was smooth and service was warm and friendly. The rooms themselves are spacious, I gather they all have King beds/two queens and ours had a sofa bed in it, with a large desk, office chair and single chair, but no ottoman ( this would have made it all so much more comfortable.....). Bathrooms are somewhat basic, like all Westin's, but clean and with a nice shower head( the rain fall kind). Safe, coffee facilities were functional and good. Usual overpriced mini bar.
Communal areas are run down looking, and the interiors of the elevators could do with a lot of work.
Best part of the stay was the location.Could easily walk to pike place, belltown, space needle, pioneer square etc. There's a top pot donuts around the corner, which was handy and a whole lot of other places to eat and drink are within an easy 10 minute walk.
Parking is overpriced and interestingly, you can park at the same garage ( entrance off 5th avenue, near virginia/stewart) for $25 if you don't use the hotel. Is connected via a walkway on the 2nd level. Unless you're on some kind of money burning frenzy or prefer the convenience of valet, makes no sense to park with them. The walk from our car to our room in the North tower was less then what it would have been had we pulled up in front of the hotel. Thing to remember is you have to make sure to tell the parking attendant that you are using "Westin" parking and they then issue you a handwritten 24 hr pass. You may have to knock on the window when entering as they tend to be busy. I pulled in and then realized had to do this, so was a little odd standing in line with a bunch of cars near the parking exit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Downtown Seattle Hotel is the front door to shopping, dining and the vibrant downtown Seattle experience. Leave the car at home and walk to the Space Needle, Pike Place Market, the Great Wheel, the Aquarium and more all within just blocks of our hotel! Take the light rail to and from the airport for just $3 each way. Our brand is truly focused on healthy living while on the road. We feature our 10 layer signature Heavenly Beds for the most comfortable night's sleep. Our RunWestin program takes guests on a guided 3 mile run every Tuesday and Wednesday morning through Seattle's best attractions. With Gear Lending, no need to pack your gym gear, for just $5 guests can borrow fresh New Balance clothing and shoes including brand new socks that are yours to keep! Enjoy our fitness center, indoor pool, and outdoor pool deck. Grab a smoothie or fresh juice at our barista stand, or stay for lunch or dinner at our Relish Burger Bistro serving salads, burgers, and fresh, locally sourced cuisine. For families our Westin Family program provides kids with an interactive journal to document their visit to Seattle with fun games and coloring activities. And don't leave your pet at home! Pets stay free with us as we know they're just like family and our guests can even request a heavenly dog bed and dog food and water bowls at check in. Come enjoy Seattle and take comfort in knowing our staff values you like family. Explore our freshly renovated meeting and event space for your next event or head out for a night on the town with so much to see and door right outside our door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Seattle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Seattle Hotel Seattle
- Westin Seattle
- The Westin Hotel Seattle Wa
- Seattle Westin