“Very Good”

GreenLeadersGold level
Orlando, Florida
“Very Good”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I'm a big fan here. It may not be as nice as other Westin properties, but I am very impressed. The staff, including Theodore Smith, is as good as they come. Mr. Smith had us with a view of the Puget Sound as promised. Great views! I believe we were on the highest(40th) floor of the North tower. Once we arrived, realized the air conditioning in room was broken. They fixed it and gave us a fan in the room to try and cool it off. I am in the glass business and they probably need to get glass with better efficiency as you couldn't totally enjoy the sunset. The glass was no match for the sun and it was hot no matter that air conditioning was fixed.
Now back to the good parts, there is an indoor pool and jacuzzi . The hotel couldn't be more centrally located for all purposes. Near the monorail to the space needle, light rail Westlake Center stop which can take you to Safeco field and SeaTac airport, and near shopping(Westlake Center, flagship Nordstrom Dept. store & Pacific Place/waterfront/Pike Place area. We requested a late check out and they gave us until 4PM and that was helpful. Much to like and very pleased.

Room Tip: Puget Sound View very good. I am sure space needle views are good but noticed a building coming out...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
AshleyGuestServices, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Thank you very much for the wonderful review. We hope you will join us again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (695)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Folsom, California
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We took a long trip to celebrate my birthday this year and stayed in several different places along the way up and down the coast (Ca, Or, Wa, etc). This hotel was a welcome retreat, worth paying for an upgraded room view of the water on a high floor. Although with its central location, and the way the towers are built, I'm sure all the rooms have great views. Comfortable, clean, and within walking distance of the local attractions (pikes place market, space needle).

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Southern California
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Love the bedsheets very luxurious I do not want to get up. I would like to know what kind of bedsheets it is. Great view from our room and our room is big with two armchairs to lounge reading. We requested queen beds but got two double beds so I gave it four stars. Clipper Vacation arranged for our stay with our tours and we all requested queen beds. Concierge very helpful they let me charge my iphone since I forgot my charger for this trip. Location is about 4 blocks to Pike Place nice walk and Emerald Trolley picks up at this location to take you to all the stops the trolley goes to. Shopping is close by. Bathroom upon check in has urine smell inside. I have to use my lavender room spray. I bring my lavender spray on my trips to relax and freshen hotel rooms. I should give it three but I like the room and sheets

Room Tip: I requested near elevator and it was very quiet and easily accessible, higher floors better view we...
Green Features: You can get $5.00 food and beverage credit if you elect to not change sheet towels reuse every day except at check out.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Business meeting at the hotel Aug 8 - 12. Excellent location for day excursions and walking around to the major sights. I had room 2642 and it was spectacular with westward views of the water and mountains. Clean. Quiet. Comfortable.

• Stayed August 2014
Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2014

STARWOOD: GOLD
MARRIOTT: GOLD

After flying all day i arrived Seattle for a brief overnight before traveling on to Minneapolis the following morning. Seattle has a very inexpensive light-rail option running about 30 minutes from the Terminals with various stops on the way to Downtown. The stop for the Westin is sub-terranean and once you pop up at street level can be a little confusing. Using GPS on the phone will guide you the few blocks to the unmistakeable dual 40 story, circle towers that are this unqiue, timeless, Westin Seattle. Needless to say i was exhausted and with a friendly, and brisk check-in i was 39 floors up and overlooking the city before i simply crashed.

HOTEL: Location! Location! Location! This property definetely has a long history, im not sure all the details but it is two 40 story round towers with an over-sized and bussling lobby. The elevators are very quick, pool is located on fifth floor, had i not been so tired i wanted to take a swim but alas the bed got me again. Anyway, the location is right in the heart of the city with everything this fantastic town has to offer only blocks away regardless of what it is you want to experience. I did order room service twice, and despite the hotels size, the service was quick (15 minutes at most evening and breakfast), food wasnt anything to write home about or here i guess but it wasnt horrible either.

THE LOCATION: As stated above this property is right where you want it to be, especially for exploring the city, either alone, as a couple, group or family, everyone will be safe and enjoy the walks. Getting back to the light-rail, in case like me you need to get quickly back to the airport, its just a block East i believe and theres a hardly noticeable signage and elevator on the left near Nordstrom . Take this down and purchase your pass, once again down the escalators this time and wait for the proper train. 30 Minutes and your back to Sea-Tac. 2.75$ each way..un-beatable!

THE ROOM(S): I guess i had hoped for a larger room but this was fine. Your typical (and not a bad thing), clean, very cozy Westin room. I was on the 39th floor with spectacular views of Puget Sound to my left and lots of beautiful skyline all around me. Cascades i presume could be seen to my right.

THE STAFF: I dealt with four staff members during this stay. My check-in agent was very friendly, and was thanking me perfusely for my loyalty and stated they had a special card for me since it was my 25th stay. I wasnt so sure about that number as i have more than that but nonetheless it was nice to be recognized and i graciously accepted the card. Room service was very kind both times and as i left the property the concierge desk was very helpful in guiding me to the secret elevator i mentioned above. This definetely saved me time walking around lost.

Was my Elite recognized? Yes, they definetely made sure i had a very high floor room with a great view. I think they were quite full or i may have been upgraded to a suite. Thats how it sounded anyway. I came away very pleased nonetheless. I will add though, once in Minneapolis i opened the card which had my name on the envelope but someone elses thank you on the inside. This was just a silly error and left me feeling odd..was i supposed to be recognized for something here or not? ;)

When staying in Seattle, Downtown, this hotel is a fantastic option. There are many great options in the city but especially like me if your locked in to SPG youll be happy with this as your choice.

Room Tip: High floor, highest if you can, and ask for a good view. As they told me, they are getting harder as...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2014

typical westin experience, very good. Quiet location, central to everything, clean rooms. Parking is extra, wifi in the lobby only. Walking distance to shopping, restaurants and the sights. Good experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
singapore
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Twin round towers on 6th avenue and Olive, not on 5th ave as address says. We drive up and were told to drive around the block. Ageing business hotel with usual amenities but very conveniently located downtown core, close to all tourist attractions. We were there for 2 days and thoroughly enjoyed shopping Flagship Nordstrom store ( the outlet Rack is right next door), Pike's market place ( straight on Stewart St.) and 5 min walk to Whole Foods Market. Oh, they give you a $5 couple for not changing towels. For that, we appreciated our free morning coffee on the house. Parking was atrocious: $46 overnight valet $41 if self-parked. Within 3 min drive, there were other parking lots for a lot less, if you don't mind the search and walk a bit. It might even be good for you.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family