“Good location; liked everything but the extra charges”
Review of The Westin Seattle

The Westin Seattle
Ranked #43 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Returned to Seattle after several days on the road and sightseeing, and the Westin was an excellent choice for a final night in town and morning dash to the airport. The room was unexpectedly large, even though "traditional" (meaning no nice view). The pool and fitness center are easy to access and open late. The hotel is an easy walk to Pike Place and other in-town attractions and restaurants. Great breakfast bakery two blocks away.

Outrageous was the $46/night parking charge ($41 if self-parked) and the multiple-dollar-per hour charges for internet access in the rooms. Even the computers in the "business center" charge 40 cents per minute for internet access.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I had a quick trip to Seattle for business so just a single night in this hotel.
Very friendly staff at the front desk on both check-in and check-out, something of a norm at a Westin.
The double circular towers add a hip, modern feel and the restaurant makes a mean burger!
All in all, a nice hotel and I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The location is great but way to expensive for what you get and they nickle and dime you for everything. From the $16 extra for wifi to the $45 per night for parking. Lol they even boast about a new green service where they don't tend to your room unless you ask in the name of saving the environment aka we give you less service and charge you more so our bottom line is bigger. Very pathetic we stayed two nights couldn't check out quick enough. However I must say the staff were pleasant. As a seasoned traveler I would not recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014
AshleyGuestServices, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Thank you for choosing The Westin Seattle and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I regret to hear that you did not have an enjoyable experience with us. Due to the prime location of our hotel and our the busy summer season, our prices are very comparable to nearby hotels in similar categories. We hope to be able to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My wife and I travel to Seattle each summer to visit family and we always stay here. If you've been to a Westin, you get the same Westin consistency on the interior which I like. This location is unique in that it has two circular towers. Depending on where you are obviously you get various views. This trip was a fast two night stay so we did not ask for or need anything fancy so we got what they gave us, room 1233 in the North Tower. This room looked straight north and gave us only a view of the Westin Building across the street. It also had the roof of the convention floors and such just a few stories below. Again, we didn't need anything special so this was not a problem. I will mention though that the exterior noise in this room was excessive due to the seagulls on the roof below and surprisingly from the monorail that had been behind us and out of view. Other times when we'd stay we'd have breath taking views of the Sound.

Pros: clean facility and room. The staff are always nice and seem to go the extra mile. If you like consistency, Westin has it and this location is no exception. Close walking distance to most everything and their bus/train systems that will take you everywhere else.

Cons: none that I can see. My only negative encounter was my own fault for not asking. There is a restaurant (Relish) in the lobby and on getaway day I wanted their breakfast buffet without asking how much. I was surprised when the bill came that it was $25 for just me and for very little selection, my fault.

Room Tip: Definitely ask what your view will be, the higher the floor the better.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I'm a big fan here. It may not be as nice as other Westin properties, but I am very impressed. The staff, including Theodore Smith, is as good as they come. Mr. Smith had us with a view of the Puget Sound as promised. Great views! I believe we were on the highest(40th) floor of the North tower. Once we arrived, realized the air conditioning in room was broken. They fixed it and gave us a fan in the room to try and cool it off. I am in the glass business and they probably need to get glass with better efficiency as you couldn't totally enjoy the sunset. The glass was no match for the sun and it was hot no matter that air conditioning was fixed.
Now back to the good parts, there is an indoor pool and jacuzzi . The hotel couldn't be more centrally located for all purposes. Near the monorail to the space needle, light rail Westlake Center stop which can take you to Safeco field and SeaTac airport, and near shopping(Westlake Center, flagship Nordstrom Dept. store & Pacific Place/waterfront/Pike Place area. We requested a late check out and they gave us until 4PM and that was helpful. Much to like and very pleased.

Room Tip: Puget Sound View very good. I am sure space needle views are good but noticed a building coming out...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. We hope you will join us again in the future!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We took a long trip to celebrate my birthday this year and stayed in several different places along the way up and down the coast (Ca, Or, Wa, etc). This hotel was a welcome retreat, worth paying for an upgraded room view of the water on a high floor. Although with its central location, and the way the towers are built, I'm sure all the rooms have great views. Comfortable, clean, and within walking distance of the local attractions (pikes place market, space needle).

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Love the bedsheets very luxurious I do not want to get up. I would like to know what kind of bedsheets it is. Great view from our room and our room is big with two armchairs to lounge reading. We requested queen beds but got two double beds so I gave it four stars. Clipper Vacation arranged for our stay with our tours and we all requested queen beds. Concierge very helpful they let me charge my iphone since I forgot my charger for this trip. Location is about 4 blocks to Pike Place nice walk and Emerald Trolley picks up at this location to take you to all the stops the trolley goes to. Shopping is close by. Bathroom upon check in has urine smell inside. I have to use my lavender room spray. I bring my lavender spray on my trips to relax and freshen hotel rooms. I should give it three but I like the room and sheets

Room Tip: I requested near elevator and it was very quiet and easily accessible, higher floors better view we...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple