“Well positioned and decent”

Travelodge Seattle by the Space Needle
Ranked #75 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Don't expect to sleep a lot here if you have noisy neighbourhoods, but if you bring your earplugs, it's a wonderful hotel with a great value.

- Nice Breakfast
- Best position in town (close to the Space Needle where you can get the monorail which gives you access to the light rail)
- Lots of things to see around, close to the walgreens and some markets
- Nice attendants, tidy and clean rooms

Room Tip: Rooms to the front (facing the space needle) are quieter than the back of the hotel.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I live in eastern Washington State but have been getting my medical needs attended at the Virginia Mason Clinic. Over the years I have stayed in most of the motels near the Space Needle and recently the Travel Lodge. The location is perfect for catching the morning rush traffic and easily going straight up the road to the clinic. Not long ago I had made reservations for some routine medical checks but was told I had to not stay but return in two weeks. The staff at the Travel Lodge were phenomenally helpful in understanding some of my medical needs and let me cancel the reservation on the same day I was to check in! no fine, no hassle. In fact I was told then that they on site can do better than Orbitz etc on pricing. I took them up on it three months ago and was treated almost like family in consideration of my medical needs and comfort. I did get a better price and courtesy of the parking by the front entrance. Wonderful. that was three months ago. This last week end I again was in Seattle for three days of tests and surgery on my hand. I returned to the Travel Lodge and once more was given lodging that fit into my needs and great consideration on parking. The staff was totally wonderful, friendly, helpful, considerate and more. I will always return to the Travel Lodge by the Space Needle out of gratitude for their consideration of my needs and limitations and working with me to keep the costs low due to a senior citizen status i.e.:medicare/social security. This place has become my very supportive and helpful partner in my health management in Seattle. I will return

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank James R
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Solid budget hotel with clean rooms, free (slow) wifi and breakfast included. Good location and easy to get around town. Pretty much as expected.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I don't know if this hotel was multiple buildings at one time, but there was a very steep ramp connecting segments of the hallway on all floors. Our coffee maker did not work. The room smelled of smoke, though was supposed to be non-smoking. Our neighbors were noisy and up very late, consequently so were we. My friend and I are both smaller than average (5'4"/115pounds) and we had trouble navigating the narrow space between the bed and bathroom. The electrical circuits were really overloaded in the room. There were those adapters that turn one outlet into 6 outlets and all 3 of them were loaded up with plugged in items (lamps, electronics, appliances). I declined to even plug in my cell phone to charge less I overload the circuit more. People were allowed to smoke right outside of the front door of the hotel. We were charged a previously undisclosed $18.30 (15.00+3.30 tax) to park on hotel property. We won't be back to stay at this location. The friendly, knowledgeable staff did not make up for the hotel's many physical/comfort shortcomings.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
christudor, Manager at Travelodge Seattle by the Space Needle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Reviewed 7 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This hotel served its purpose in regards to my desire to be near the Space Needle. It's obviously a very old hotel that clearly shows wear and tear from years of operation, but it is kept relatively clean. It's not the quietest place; you can hear street traffic very clearly as the windows are not double pane and can be opened. It is more than adequate for one or two nights to see Seattle.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo