“Good Basic Hotel”

Travelodge Seattle University
Ranked #91 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
“Good Basic Hotel”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had a large room with 2 double bed and it was plenty of room for one adult and 2 teenagers. The room was clean and the hotel looked liked it had been recently painted. Breakfast was served in a small space on the first floor and was quite good, with a selection of hot and cold items.

If you are visiting the university and need a basic room, this place is perfect. Easy walk to the university and a great mall across the street for shopping and dining. Would recommend.

We did struggle to get hot water in the bathroom and there is no elevator so you have to carry your bags up the stairs if you are on the second floor. Staff was very helpful though. Also, the A/C is a bit weird - a wall unit that cools only half the room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Wow. Never been to a hotel where there is no hot water. Staff is great but doesn't make up for the lack of hot water.. I had to run the water for more than ten minutes to even get lukewarm H2O..I felt terrible knowing there are droughts all around the northwest...I was told they have a new tankless system...? Was my room the only one affected? I think not so moving would not have solved the problem as I discussed with the manager. I stayed here three years ago and I think I
The hotel is somewhat shabbier than I remember. Won't stay here again regrettably, very convenient location.

Stayed July 2014

Travellers are raving about these Seattle hotels

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Not a very pleasant stay. Very old and not very clean facilities. Noisy air conditioning unit in the room. Worst of all, no hot water. I had to shower in a different room the first morning. Second morning without hot water, I left and went to a different hotel.

Not recommended, there are much better hotels nearby.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Lummi Island, United States
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was our second stay here & the first was fine. This is a budget hotel near the Un. of WA Hospital, and we had only stayed in the winter, when there was no need for heat or a/c. Not so in July - we needed the a/c BUT ear protection should have been issued as the a/c was horribly noisy. We might have gotten 3 hours of miserable sleep, if that. Furthermore, my son's room was....dirty, to include blood on the shower curtain. Ours was clean. I will add that the staff were lovely and the breakfast was good! Oh, and our tv didn't work.

Room Tip: Only go in the winter!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I booked a four night stay here through expedia. When I arrived the clerk gave me a map and explained that my room was out in the apartments behind the hotel. I had to lug all my luggage through the hotel, across the road, down a flight of stairs and across a broken up cement walkway that required that I carry my luggage. The exterior looked old and in disrepair and the windows didn't appear to lock properly. I opened the door and was greeted by a musty, dank odour and the lights wouldn't work. Found a lamp with the shade broken off it and sitting by its base - still no light! Walked back to the kitchenette to find a light. There was dirt and leaves on the kitchen floor and all kinds of dirt on the carpet. There were dead bugs in the tub and the bedroom was dark and smelled bad -- closet doors didn't work properly. I called the front desk and told him it was completely unacceptable and asked for my money back. He told me they could move me to a 'renovated' room in the front building but I'd have to talk to Expedia re: cancelling. When I got back to the front desk, he told me they don't usually put people in those rooms - and yet they did!! My back was sore from packing my luggage back and forth, so settled for a first floor room in the main building. It had hallways on two sides, a banging exterior door without proper closing device and an ice machine across from the door! Sooo noisy! This room was somewhat better but still not very clean as evidenced by garbage on the bathroom floor including someone else's toenails! I called and asked about a different room - they said there weren't any other rooms. I spent 20 minutes on the phone to Expedia who agreed to refund all but one night's stay - very happy with them! I stayed one night at the university district travelodge -- and promptly checked out in the morning after a nasty continental breakfast. Do NOT recommend and definitely don't stay in the apartment's out back!!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Bethums
Roche harbor
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We booked a room over the phone for $129, and when we got there it was apparent that it hadnt been cleaned. There was a screw on the floor, a bunch of garlic peelings everywhere, and some brown debris in the bath tub. The a/c was hanging off the wall as it looked to be taped on. I called and asked if we could switch to a cleaner room, and the guy said it would be $169 for that room. We switched anyway because it was late. The more expensive one was okay, but not worth that much.

• Stayed June 2014