“Good clean fresh place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of University Inn - A Staypineapple Hotel

University Inn - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #28 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Vancouver, Canada
“Good clean fresh place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stayed here for a course near the University. Location was great, and they have a free shuttle to go downtown, which was great. Decent breakfast, and nice clean rooms. We liked the bright decor. Service was pleasant, and price ok. We would go back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank tortitabby
Amanda G, Manager at University Inn - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2013
Thanks for writing a review! I’m pleased to see you liked our bright décor and our location. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to the University of Washington.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mount Vernon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

When my husband and I found ourselves, unexpectedly, at Seattle Children's Hospital with our daughter, we were in need of a place to rest our very weary heads. The closest hotel within our price range was University Inn. After our our daughter's health scare, it was such a pleasant surprise to find one of the quietest hotels with the best beds and bedding we have ever happened across. The hotel has a boutique feel to it, with modern, tasteful decor. Love the pineapple theme! We found it exceptionally clean with little perks that were especially nice: a Keurig coffee machine in the room, with THE BEST coffee, Tully's. After smelling Eau de Hospital all day, the smell of Tommy Bahama bath and body products wafting from the soap and lotion dispensers in the bathroom provided a happy (and very appreciated) flashback of our last family trip to Hawaii. I don't usually sleep well in hotels. This one was an exception; Morning came too soon. There is a small breakfast area off the lobby, offering light breakfast items. The area was very clean and well-stocked with fresh foods. I have every intention of returning to this hotel, daughter in tow (and in better health), to hit the shops at University Village, which happens to be within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MLew168
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always nice to hear when our guests have such a wonderful stay. I’m glad you enjoyed many of our amenities and most of all, our Pineapple Hospitality, pun intended. We look forward to your return soon!
Pullman, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

The rooms are nicely appointed and exceptionally clean, the staff friendly and helpful. I was astounded at how quiet the rooms are: in many many more expensive hotels, the soundproofing is inferior to this hotel's.

In the past I have stayed in downtown Seattle for the location. For less money, I can stay here, have free off-street parking, get a better night's sleep in MUCH nicer surroundings. I will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Roosevelt Ave give that city feel and are AMAZINGLY quiet!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Marie G
Amanda G, Manager at University Inn - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Thanks for reviewing University Inn. I’m glad that you found our rooms to be quiet and clean. We take a lot of pride in the cleanliness of the hotel; it’s always wonderful to hear from guests who take notice. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you’re in the Emerald City.
Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

Ever arrive exhausted from a drive after an already eventful day, but that has you at your destination in the wee hours of the morning ahead of schedule because anticipated much vaunted border delays didn't transpire. Then you wondered whether to curl up asleep in your car? Before taking up parking space in the University Inn where I had a reservation for Monday night, I was prompted to check with the night staff and let them know my plan because I had an early appointment at U of W Med Ctr close by and wouldn't be able to check-in until much later in the afternoon. I was greeted brightly by Joel and before I knew it I was whisked off to my room that was already available following Sunday checkouts and with the welcoming news that the gym was available at their sister Waterford Hotel next door through agreement. Breakfast was absolutely inviting and all the staff mirrored the initial welcome by Joel in their eagerness to assist everyone. The hotel is bright and clean with all the amenities and a great well-lit running trail through the university district and Lake Washington. Free shuttle service runs around the area and stops across the street every 15 minutes and the bus service to downtown is less than 20 minutes with Pike Street Market; Pioneer Square, and other waterfront attractions all laid out in a walking distance. Perfect accommodation by Joel; returning soon!

Room Tip: I was given a balcony on the fourth floor which was quiet and had a view towards the south.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank NancyKlassen
Amanda G, Manager at University Inn - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of University Inn! I look forward to sharing your praises with our entire team. Our location is prime for visits to the University Of Washington Medical Center. As you noted, the University operates a complimentary shuttle service which picks up just across the street at the UW Roosevelt Clinic and runs every 15 minutes. However, we also offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the medical center as well as several other locations in the area and downtown. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

I stayed here in December for a residency interview at UW. This was a very convenient place to stay, about a 15 minute brisk walk from the medical center. The service was very good and the staff was very friendly. The pineapple cupcakes in the lobby were a nice touch. The room was clean, comfortable, and colorful, suited with usual amenities. The shuttle to certain parts of town is also very convenient. The only problem during my stay was that the hot water heater broke the morning of my interview and I had to take a cold shower at about 6am. The person that addresses those kinds of issues arrives at the hotel at 6:30am; and promptly thereafter, there was hot water again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank dsuar
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I hope that your interview went well. I’m pleased to see that we were able to create a convenient and comfortable stay for you. I sincerely apologize for the lack of hot water on your early morning but I’m glad to see that we were able to promptly rectify the issue. We hope to see you again soon!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

I was pleasantly surprised during my staff at the University Inn in Seattle. Despite it's nondescript outer facade, the inside is modern and clean. I received an upgrade to a suite when I checked in, which was a pleasant surprise. I had a room in the south building. It was very clean, quiet, had it's own Keurig coffee maker and fridge and microwave. Wireless Internet access was free with a good connection. I had no problems controlling the heat / air con in my room. The free shuttle (need to book ahead of time) is great and will drop you off / pick you up from main attractions, including the Space Needle. There is also a public bus right across the street that will take you downtown in 10-15 minutes (on the weekend). I stayed 3 nights and got the 3rd night free. The breakfast is a bit sparse, but there is tea / coffee available at all times in the lobby. There is also a public computer and printer in the lobby. The front desk staff were pleasant and helpful in providing directions. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the South side, not on the groud floor
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank RP_traveller_2013
Amanda G, Manager at University Inn - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Thanks for your lovely review of University Inn. I’m delighted to see you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade and were able to utilize many of our amenities. Thanks again for the recommendation. We hope to see you again the next time you’re in the Emerald City.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

I'm a celiac like to pass on tips for those in same position. Bring ur own gf bread, there is gf yogurt, toaster, cream cheese, peanut butter, hard boiled eggs, fruit, juice, tea and coffee. Portage bay cafe next door does Gf but I didn't go there. Close by there is a Chipotle Grill on university wsy between NE 42nd & 43rd they do a gf burrito bowl. I would stay here again. Shuttle goes on every hour and comes back on the half hour but book in advance.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank noglutengirl
Thank you for writing a helpful review for our gluten-free guests. I’m glad that you found options available in our complimentary breakfast! I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.