“Not fancy but not bad.” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Seattle Pacific Hotel
Ranked #96 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Tacoma
“Not fancy but not bad.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few years back when it was the Ramada and now recently as the Seattle Pacific.. The location is excellent, within walking distance to the Space Needle. The hotel coulod use a remodel as the outside looks a little worn, but the inside was clean and quiet. I must have arrived at peak arrival time because there was a line at the front desk when I got there but the receptionist got through the line rather quickly. The rooms were clean and comfortable enough. If you are looking for a good location, decent price, but don't need a fancy hotel room, then this is for you.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

SPHMarketingMgr, Public Relations Manager at Seattle Pacific Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Your feedback regarding the exterior conditions has been relayed to management. We value our customers and their opinions. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Grangeville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

Nice hotel..Though the room didn't have a microwave, so no way to pop popcorn. I also ate lunch at their little restaurant. People at the front desk were very nice. i will return some day to this Hotel, maybe the next year.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Your feedback regarding the microwave has been relayed to management for review. Please come back and visit us again soon.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

The1st thing I must note is the One Good Thing, which is Big; the location near Seattle Center. It is the main reason I went ahead and booked here. I was with a driver who had no interest in driving Anywhere after we arrived in Seattle.
(FYI for the uninformed; traffic in this town in legendary.) Throw in a few thousand tourists unfamiliar with the weird layout of the town and you get instant chaos.
Our destination for the weekend was the Pacific Science Center & all of our plans were there. We were only a couple of short blocks away with this motel & were able to walk to everything.
Okay, that was ALL the good news.

The 2nd thing: this motel allows pets. If that is a problem for you on any level, don't stay here. Not everyone has a well behaved animal in tow, and not everyone can tolerate animal dander.

I too had the owner himself check us in. The first time he handed me the credit card slip to sign it read $414.00!!! This was after much fumbling, repeating nonsensical charges, changing the amount agreed to and other tomfoolery. I was given the impression he had never used a computer, never run a credit card, answered a phone, or knew anything at all about the hospitality industry. He was nervous, uneasy, jumpy & unnerving. He was trying to trick me and it worked.
I am still unconvinced that there won't be some ridiculous bill when I check the credit card.

The room was old, but the bed & bath were clean, tv new, and adequate for our needs. I was willing to overlook the obvious problems here, as I had no intention of doing anything but sleep there. This is not a place you would willingly hang out and relax.

We were put in what the owner said was a "quiet corner" on the main floor. That was an out & out lie. We were next to the laundry & a kitchen where crashing dishes, water running, people talking loudly and other manner of Loud Noise was going on well after we turned in at 11pm.
I Think It Was The VACUUMING that started right outside the door at 1 AM and continued off & on, LOUDLY for 2 hours that pretty much did my friend and I in. Other guests went into the hall to complain, so we wrongly assumed the noise would stop. It did not.
No Excuse No Excuse No Excuse!!!
When I spoke to a very pleasant woman at the desk the next morning she was very apologetic and said she could speak to the owner about the racket, but the billing was another matter and (pretty much) said good luck with that, meaning dealing with the owner regarding money.

I agree with every other reviewer, and may I add;
SAVE YOURSELF. It really is as BAD as we are all telling you.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another establishment ~ or your car~ anything else is better than this
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank JinPDX_12
Thank you for your feedback – we are happy to hear that you loved the location next to the Space Needle. We appreciate your candid feedback about your experience at the front desk. We will proved you feedback and follow up with our team to ensure that everyone is consistent with how this situation should be handled. We appreciate you taking the time to reviews your stay and hope that you’ll come back to Seattle Pacific Hotel on your next trip to Seattle

Travellers are raving about these Seattle hotels

Key West, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

When we arrived late at night at another hotel where we had reservations, we discovered there was a mistake in our reservation and the hotel was full. As a one-night alternative, we were directed to the Seattle Pacific Hotel a couple of blocks away. The pleasant night clerk was aware of our situation and put a high price on the one night stay. We challenged this uncompetitive price and were able to negotiate a small deduction. Upon entering the musty, outdated room, however, we found that the room price listed on back of the entrance door was far less than we had just been charged. They told us on check out that they had not gotten around to changing the amounts. Oh, sure.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank boneisland79
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your feedback regarding the price discrepancy and have given the feedback to management. It is our goal to be consistent and transparent in our pricing. We appreciate your frankness and hope that you’ll come back to Seattle Pacific Hotel on your next trip to Seattle.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

This hotel had some bad comments but it worked out really good for us. Price was reasonable

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please come stay with us again during your next trip to Seattle.
Loughborough, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

This is by far the worst hotel (as opposed to motel) I have ever stayed in. I stayed in room 305, and when I tried to close the window, the window frame came away in my hand.

To give you an idea of the state of the place, the metal tissue holders in the bathroom were covered with rust.

"Breakfast" consisted of the cheapest bagels one can imagine, an apple, a blueberry muffin, some synthetic-tasting orange juice, and some mediocre coffee, with only powdered whitener - not even milk.

The decoration of the room looked like it had been done by a 10 year old, it was so shabby.

Finding the place in the first place, and getting there amidst all of the construction was a nightmare - although to be fair to the owners that's not their fault.

What an awful first experience of Seattle - it certainly made me reticent about visiting the city again if that's in any way representative.

Incidentally, this is the first review I've contributed, which indicates hiw bad this place was.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank peter h
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We apologize for window in your room and the furnishings that did not meet your standards. We continually strive to keep our property clean, friendly, and welcoming. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed. If you come back to our hotel I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

So my boyfriend and his friend had just moved out and had to stay at a hotel for a week before moving into to their new place. This place is moderately cheap, but there is great reasoning for that. This place is absolutely disgusting, the pool was green and not taken care of, the elevator was sketchy, it's located right off the freeway, (so don't expect a quiet nights sleep)w and the rooms smelled like death. But that wasn't even the worst part, it was the Indian managers customer service and attitude. I live in Seattle, and out of the week my boyfriend was staying there I slept over two times. The second time, it was the last day of his stay, and I was downstairs getting us breakfast (which was STALE mini bagels, and little muffins which were not that great) and the Indian manager was watching me the whole time. When I was heading back up he approached me and asked my room number, I told him and he stated only two people were checked into that room. I said my boyfriend is one of them and I've only stayed two nights and he went off how I was lying and he was going to charge them an extra 30 dollars a NIGHT. I went back up to the room and my boyfriend was still sleeping and he called our room and started yelling at him over the phone, so he went downstairs to talk it out with him. Eventually after being harassed several times the Indian man gave up. Once it was check out at 10 am, he came to our door and stood there yelling at us until we were out. Worst service I've ever had in my entire life, DO NOT GO HERE. There's a Best Western not too far on Denny that's not much more expensive and has wonderful service, better location and a more comfortable room.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank katrina w
SPHMarketingMgr, Public Relations Manager at Seattle Pacific Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We apologize for the issues you experienced. We have addressed this issue with our team and management. We continually strive to keep our property clean, friendly, and welcoming. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed. If you come back to our hotel I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.