“Awesome hotel right next to the Seattle Space Needle.”

Seattle Pacific Hotel
Ranked #96 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Really nice and affordable hotel right next to the Monorail station, the Experience Music Project, and the Seattle Space Needle. Downtown Seattle and the waterfront were within walking distance as well. Room was cleaned everyday, and fresh towels supplied daily. Perfect location - free wi-fi - cozy bed. Great views of downtown Seattle from the hotel room window.

Room Tip: Third floor is the best for views of Downtown Seattle.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank RuslanKazaev
Jo K, Front Desk Agent at Seattle Pacific Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2015

Thanks for staying with us, and thank you for writing this kind review! We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here, and we hope you had a pleasant visit to Seattle. Come see us again next time you're in the area!

Reviewed 27 January 2013

My husband and I were in Seattle for four days and chose this hotel as we did not want to drive around while there. Our initial look at the room confirmed what we had read in the reviews, it could definitely do with a facelift and faster internet, but in all honesty for us was merely a place to sleep at a reasonably low price. It was clean and quiet though basic. Both receptionists Dawn and Maria were very helpful and kind. Over the next few days one or the other of them helped us out with bus timetables and advice on how and where to go and did so with smiles and then went the extra mile to print out the paperwork and give us more hints and tips on places to drop by. Thanks largely to them we had a wonderful time in Seattle.

Room Tip: Second floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BearLynch
Brennan P, Manager at Seattle Pacific Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

Dear BearLynch,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us this kind review! We're thrilled to hear that Dawn and Maria provided excellent service, and that you enjoyed both our affordability and our location! We hope that the rest of your travels went as well as your trip to Seattle.

Best,
Brennan P

Reviewed 19 October 2012

Booked by mistake. We thought it was a different property. What a disaster. This place is the definition of a dump. Dirty, beat up, broken furniture, doors are not secure, mold in shower, plumbing is terrible, parking terrible, i can keep on going but if you stay there, check out. Service is terrible. It is a crime that this place is open let alone charges $100 nightly.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Pjm821
SPHMarketingMgr, Public Relations Manager at Seattle Pacific Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly appreciate the opinions of our customers and apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the issues regarding the cleanliness of your room. We continually strive to keep our property clean, friendly, and welcoming. If you come back to our hotel I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for manager in charge. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

We chose this hotel despite the bad reviews because it was the only available one with an affordable price. The location is quite good for the price, but that's it:

- When we arrived, I needed to access internet urgently. I tried to access it from the ro0m (which is promised in hotels.com) but didn't receive any signal. I went to the lobby, and it still didn't work. I asked the guy in the desk if there was any problem with the connection, and he answered he didn't know, that it was not his problem. I told them that in the webpage they are marked as "free internet in room" (which is a need for me), and he started yelling at me (yelling at a customer, well done) saying that if it was free, I couldn't complain (???). We started to shout to each other, and after a few minutes he went to the first floor, reboot the router and it started to work (how difficult was to do this at the first moment??). Anyway, the following day it wasn't working again.

- The rooms are very very noisy.

- The breakfast includes EXACTLY the following: bagels, cheese cream, muffins, coffee and (terrible) orange juice. The PLASTIC KNIVES are re-used: they clean them (they ask you to leave them in a tray) and use them again.

- The fridge broke during the second day, and ruined the food we had inside it.

- The rooms and furniture are really old, and not very clean.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alberto R

Thank you for your feedback – we value your candid feedback about your experience at our hotel. We have given your comments to the management team to review and address. We appreciate you taking the time to reviews your stay and hope that you’ll come back to Seattle Pacific Hotel on your next trip to Seattle.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few years back when it was the Ramada and now recently as the Seattle Pacific.. The location is excellent, within walking distance to the Space Needle. The hotel coulod use a remodel as the outside looks a little worn, but the inside was clean and quiet. I must have arrived at peak arrival time because there was a line at the front desk when I got there but the receptionist got through the line rather quickly. The rooms were clean and comfortable enough. If you are looking for a good location, decent price, but don't need a fancy hotel room, then this is for you.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
SPHMarketingMgr, Public Relations Manager at Seattle Pacific Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Your feedback regarding the exterior conditions has been relayed to management. We value our customers and their opinions. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Nice hotel..Though the room didn't have a microwave, so no way to pop popcorn. I also ate lunch at their little restaurant. People at the front desk were very nice. i will return some day to this Hotel, maybe the next year.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Your feedback regarding the microwave has been relayed to management for review. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

The1st thing I must note is the One Good Thing, which is Big; the location near Seattle Center. It is the main reason I went ahead and booked here. I was with a driver who had no interest in driving Anywhere after we arrived in Seattle.
(FYI for the uninformed; traffic in this town in legendary.) Throw in a few thousand tourists unfamiliar with the weird layout of the town and you get instant chaos.
Our destination for the weekend was the Pacific Science Center & all of our plans were there. We were only a couple of short blocks away with this motel & were able to walk to everything.
Okay, that was ALL the good news.

The 2nd thing: this motel allows pets. If that is a problem for you on any level, don't stay here. Not everyone has a well behaved animal in tow, and not everyone can tolerate animal dander.

I too had the owner himself check us in. The first time he handed me the credit card slip to sign it read $414.00!!! This was after much fumbling, repeating nonsensical charges, changing the amount agreed to and other tomfoolery. I was given the impression he had never used a computer, never run a credit card, answered a phone, or knew anything at all about the hospitality industry. He was nervous, uneasy, jumpy & unnerving. He was trying to trick me and it worked.
I am still unconvinced that there won't be some ridiculous bill when I check the credit card.

The room was old, but the bed & bath were clean, tv new, and adequate for our needs. I was willing to overlook the obvious problems here, as I had no intention of doing anything but sleep there. This is not a place you would willingly hang out and relax.

We were put in what the owner said was a "quiet corner" on the main floor. That was an out & out lie. We were next to the laundry & a kitchen where crashing dishes, water running, people talking loudly and other manner of Loud Noise was going on well after we turned in at 11pm.
I Think It Was The VACUUMING that started right outside the door at 1 AM and continued off & on, LOUDLY for 2 hours that pretty much did my friend and I in. Other guests went into the hall to complain, so we wrongly assumed the noise would stop. It did not.
No Excuse No Excuse No Excuse!!!
When I spoke to a very pleasant woman at the desk the next morning she was very apologetic and said she could speak to the owner about the racket, but the billing was another matter and (pretty much) said good luck with that, meaning dealing with the owner regarding money.

I agree with every other reviewer, and may I add;
SAVE YOURSELF. It really is as BAD as we are all telling you.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another establishment ~ or your car~ anything else is better than this
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank JinPDX_12

Thank you for your feedback – we are happy to hear that you loved the location next to the Space Needle. We appreciate your candid feedback about your experience at the front desk. We will proved you feedback and follow up with our team to ensure that everyone is consistent with how this situation should be handled. We appreciate you taking the time to reviews your stay and hope that you’ll come back to Seattle Pacific Hotel on your next trip to Seattle