Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle
W Seattle(Seattle)
Hotel Seattle(Seattle)
  • Free Internet
1,840 results
All reviewswine hourtulio restaurantwashington wineswine receptioncomplimentary wine tastingsmall lobbypublic libraryevery eveningpike place marketmini barvalet servicefront desk staffhotel restaurantcorner roomvalet parkingking roomhappy hour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I recently traveled for a conference at the Washington State Convention Center (on Pike). Because the conference rate was greater than the government rate, I immediately looked for a Kimpton Hotel. The Hotel Vintage Park is the closest Kimpton to the convention center and is centrally located for exploring the city.

I arrived at about 11:30 am after a long flight from the East Coast, and the front desk had a room ready for me. They did not, however, have my preference of a room away from the elevator. After assuring me that the room (1001) was still quite even though it was next to the elevator, I took it. The front desk was correct. I NEVER heard the elevators at all throughout my stay.

The room was a standard King and was quite spacious. Besides the bed, there was a comfy chair, a little side table, and a desk and chair. For some, the TV might be a little far from the bed to see, but for me the size of the TV was not a problem. The entire room was clean, and I loved that they have a separate recycling container for paper and bottles/cans. I hate throwing away recyclables when I am on vacation.

The exercise room is very small, but met my needs. There is a single treadmill, a single bike, and a single elliptical machine. Each machine, however, has an individual TV. The room also has natural light, a water cooler, weights, and some stretching equipment. I used the room in the middle of the day, but I could see it being crowded in the morning or evening. If you are a runner, though, there are great places to run, especially along the waterfront.

I had coupons for continental breakfast in the restaurant Tulio, but I never made it in there for a variety of reasons. I did stop in for a beer after going to a Mariners game at Safeco (about a 30 minute walk), but they did not have a TV in the bar so I took my beer back to my room.

Overall, the property is great. Unlike many Kimpton's on the East Coast, the Vintage Park schedules local wineries to share their wine during the evening happy hour. Both nights I was there, the wine was excellent. In addition, the coffee, from Cafe Vita, in the morning was outstanding. I look forward to returning to Seattle and staying at the Vintage Park again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We ended up being in Seattle at the last minute and The Vintage Park was available. I have stayed at other Kimpton hotels in the past and this was no exception. Great staff, clean comfortable rooms in a very good location in downtown. The room we had was small but we didn't spend much time here anyway. I like the fact that they are pet friendly and that there are benefits by being a member of their loyalty program which provides free items and services that would normally be expensive at other hotels in the same price range.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We had a room at the back of the hotel, very quiet. Well appointed older boutique hotel. Each night they have a different Vineyard present their wine samples at no cost. Nice way to spend an hour meeting other couples from all over..Overall I enjoyed my first time at this hotel. Make sure you try the in-house restaurant if you like Italian food. Parking is a concern being downtown. Cost to park is $34.00 per day. A few blocks down hill to Pikes Market and shopping.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Upon telling my local friends where I was to be staying, they all said "Oh that's a great location!" I found this to be very true, as it is within walking distance to the ferries, the Market, and to the Space Needle (though you can take the monorail which is just a few blocks from the hotel as well). Here are my pros and cons for the Vintage Park:

PROS:
- Restaurant was great! We ate their our final evening and was very good. I had booked with a AAA discount, which provided us with $20/day vouchers for in-house food. We used $20 the first night with room service and the remaining $40 worth for Tulio. Wound up being a great idea!

- Customer service was great. We were there for my birthday, and they had sent up a bottle of wine with our room service dinner that first night. We haven't had a chance to drink it yet, but we brought it home with us and I'm sure we'll enjoy it.

- Location, again, was great. The Public Library is diagonal from the hotel and was the main part of our room's view. Very nice. Wish we had taken the time to go inside though, all our local friends said we should!

- The room itself was nice and clean every day.

CONS:
- The room was a bit on the small side, but in the end we didn't need much anyway from being out all the time.

- We were right by the elevators and the noise kind of sucked but not a whole lot one can do about that.

- The hairdryer died on me a lot. I gave up halfway through the trip and did the wet-head thing. Wish I had brought my own hair dryer.

Some tips:
With the parking rate, skip getting a car if you are flying in. There are shuttles available (plus the light rail) and everything is just about walkable anyway. For everything else, there is a good public transit system.

They have leopard print bathrobes. My husband and I didn't use them, but we did see one guy wandering around downtown wearing his! Only in Seattle....

Join their In-Touch so you can enjoy free wifi!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cmb820
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I recently came to Seattle for a conference and stayed at the Vintage Park. I was not overly impressed. The location is great and convenient to everything downtown. The restaurant downstairs was excellent, in fact the hotel staff should take customer service lessons from the restaurant manager. Rooms were small and a little dated, but I did get a good laugh from the leopard bathrobes. The nightly wine tasting is a nice touch too. Over all the hotel is nice but just too expensive. Another reco from a guy who just travels way too much, Joe Sloboda

• Stayed: August 2011