“Another great visit to Hotel Vintage Park”

Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle
Ranked #16 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I made a trip to Seattle on 10/5 and 10/6 and was able to stay at the Hotel Vintage Park. As expected, the experience was wonderful. It took less than 10 minutes for me to drop my car off at the valet, check in and get to my room.

The room had a nice living area, mini-bar and the bed was really comfortable. It was good to get settled and relax. Until I realized I left my cell phone in my car.

So back to the valet I went. After explaining what I had done and that I would go up to get my phone, he asked me to take a seat in the lobby and he would retrieve my phone. A few minutes later he came into the lobby with my phone.

I had one minor problem in my room with the toilet, but a call to the front desk resulted in someone in my room, fixing the problem within 10 minutes.

Check out was quick and easy and because of my Hybrid, I only paid ½ price for parking. Add in the $10 “raid the minibar” coupon and the $20 coupon at the onsite restaurant and you have a great hotel stay at a wonderful price.

I have been a Kimpton fan and have stayed at Kimpton hotels in Portland, Seattle and San Francisco and have always enjoyed my stay. The Hotel Vintage Park did not disappoint. I only wish I had more time to stay in Seattle.

I am looking forward to my next adventure with Kimpton at The Grand Hotel in Minneapolis in November.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,821)

Reviewed 10 October 2011

Yes, it was close to area attractions. Yes, very good sleep quality and yes, clean rooms (note: limited drawer space) and free wi-fi. However, if you, like me, need coffee first thing in the morning, forget about it, here. I could not believe that a 4-star rated hotel does not provide in-room coffee makers. Thank goodness, my husband went down to the lobby each morning to get me a cup (and, you need to do it by 9 am or else, too bad!). No coffee in Seattle, the home of Starbucks!! For shame. Oh, and, if you are looking to relax, after a full day of sightseeing, and watch some HBO...forget about that, too, Not offered. So, all in all, this small boutique hotel has charm and staff is friendly but next time, I will probably book elsewhere.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room that is not right next to the elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2011

My brother and I booked our stay over hotwire at the last minute to see a Blue Jays/Mariners game. Luckily for us, we were upgraded to a deluxe room on the 12th floor. Wonderful view, and close to everything. Very clean, very comfortable.

The service is what set this place apart fro the others though. I forgot one of my favorite sweaters in the room when we left (we live in vancouver). I called them and asked them if they would be so kind as to send it up by mail, and I would pay the postage. Well, I got it within a week and they paid for the whole ordeal! Just outstanding! They really value their customers.

Room Tip: try to get a higher room if you can -- beautiful city views are available here
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I had a one-day business meeting in Seattle and selected the Vintage Park for its walking proximity to the location of my meeting, and because it was offering 30% off for a two-night stay. This is a beautiful hotel, with exceptionally well appointed rooms, beautiful corridors (not very often I get to say that) and a very comfortable bed. The entire hotel has a wine tasting theme and each room is named after a local vineyard. The hotel offers free wine tasting from 5pm to 6pm each evening.

I was in a King Premier room which had a king-sized bed, a couch, easy chair and coffee table, flat screen TV and a tiny granite topped desk. The clothes closet has leopard print bathrobes for your use during your stay, as well as an iron and ironing board and a safe. They also offer soft slipper socks for purchase at $15. There is a mini-fridge, but it is filled with honor bar beverages which leave no room for anything else. There is a basket of edible goodies also provided which had nice variety but exorbitant prices (sometimes I wonder how hotel presidents look themselves in the mirror each day charging $7 for a fifty cent bag of potato chips).

The location is top-notch and, Seattle being a terrific walking town, is close to everything. However, there were surprises.

1. First and foremost would be the lack of in-room coffee. I never expected that in the Coffee Capital of America. I was told I could order coffee with room service, but, like most avid coffee drinkers, I want that first cup of coffee WHILE I'm getting ready in the morning, not afterwards. They do provide free, fresh coffee downstairs in the lobby, however, that doesn't help either when you're used to having it when your feet first hit the floor in the morning. Even dumpy motels have in-room coffee so I certainly would expect that in a 4 star hotel … and particularly in Seattle.

I did order breakfast as room service the next morning to save time, as this hotel does offer the ability to order breakfast the night before. The breakfast was good tasting and well prepared, however it was incredibly expensive. I had two eggs, toast and potatoes (no meat) with coffee and a glass of orange juice and the bill was over $36.

2. The second surprise was the unavailability of electrical outlets. For a business traveler, this is crucial. There was one and only one available plug in the lamp on the desk. I could not find any other available plug for my cellphone charge however. The bathroom has only one duplex outlet with the hairdryer occupying one plug. I ended up charging my cellphone in the bathroom. And if you want to use the iron to press your clothes, you have to unplug your laptop.

3. The third surprise was the unusually dim lighting in the room … even at the desk. I understand the hotel’s commitment to going green (there’s even a glass and can recycling bin in the room); and I’m all for going green with CFL bulbs. But the ones used here just do not give off enough light. At night, with the desk lamp on, the two bedside lamps on, and the two lamps on either side of the coach on, the room was still too dim.

There’s a similar issue in the bathroom. The light fixture over the sink has four lamps in it, but it’s still dimmer than I expected, particularly for a bathroom. The bathtub/shower is on the other side of the bathroom where there is no lighting at all. The sink light fixture is not strong enough to cast light over onto the other side of the bathroom.

4. The fourth and final surprise was parking. Your only choice at the hotel is mandatory valet parking at a total of $41.50 per day including taxes. There is a parking garage across the street from the hotel and their total daily fee is three dollars less. Yes, I know this is Seattle and it’s supposed to be a walking town, but since I had to drive there from a town that was four hours away, I had no choice but to bring my car.

This was a beautiful hotel, and I would definitely look into staying at other hotels in the Kimpton hotel family. Hopefully they have in-room coffee somewhere in the US.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jan714
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Great hotel that is a bit away from the noise of downtown seattle. We stayed in a queen, queen deluxe room which was perfect for our family of 3. There was a sofa bed in the room so we all had a bed. The bathroom was rather small, but okay for us. Clean, comfortable , quiet room overlooking some trees . The weather was wonderful and our windows opened which was very nice to have. Beds were extra comfortable. They had coffee in the morning and a wine tasting in the evening which was really nice. The staff directed us to a really good steak house nearby. We walked down to the harbor area and enjoyed every minute. It is a pet friendly hotel (so many are) and they put us on the upper floor as it was a "no pet" room. Room was WONDERFUL and everyone helpful and friendly. We had breakfast in their restaurant food and the atmosphere was very, very nice.Remember most all hotels charge to park downtown. Seattle is a great city and we will be back to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We stayed for just one night and the Vintage Park was acceptable. The gal on the phone was very nice and helpful before we got there and the little gal who we saw at the front desk that evening but the man who checked us in was grim and rather unfriendly. While not actively hostile, i think it's important to note that having very friendly staff makes a difference on the guests' experience. The room was decent, maybe a little above, the bathroom clean and nice shower head. The view was bad - alley and wall - but for one night we didn't grouse. The room was like a plain drab room that had been gussied up with nicer furniture. Not bad but not sure i felt like it was a value.
PS - all of the housekeeping staff were super friendly - that was very nice

Room Tip: if you want a view ask for one - otherwise you'll get a wall and an alley
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2011

From the moment we arrived till we left the following day, we felt at home. The staff are super friendly, helpful and made us feel welcome the minute we arrived. The comfort of the bed, duvet, pillows was beyond belief ... it was like I imagine sleeping in heaven would feel like. The wine tasting as a fun event, the location is convenient to all that Seattle has to offer and the dining was superb. I highly recommend this as your destination hotel any time you travel to Seattle. The main reason we chose this hotel was Kimpton has a great reputation and their Seattle hotel was beyond our expectations.

Room Tip: When our friends room was not ready, they were upgraded to a suite. When we booked a king bed and n...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends