“Things back to Great!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Portland, Oregon
“Things back to Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Last year we stayed at the Hotel VIntage Park in Seattle and had some problems. Since this is one of our favorite hotels in Seattle we wanted very much to give them another chance, so we returned this past weekend. We were very happy to see that the hotel had returned to one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at, and all our concerns and problems of the past have been corrected.

Great work by the Hotel to get back on trrack, really a Great Place to Stay!

Room Tip: Good Location, Everything you need is within walking distance! Only bad thing is the comforter on...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
las vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

My husband and myself had stayed at the Vintage Park before but had not been back in a few years. We are so glad we decided to stay here again! The staff was helpful, courteous, friendly and went above and beyond to give us excellent service. The ladies at the front desk welcomed us back our first evening by surprising us with a bottle of wine that they placed in our room with a handwritten card while we were out for dinner. Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable. We will absolutely return in the future. It is also in an excellent location and has a very good restaurant. Our stay at the Vintage Park really enhanced our vacation.

Room Tip: The room we had on the top floor was very quiet, we heard no neighbors or street noise
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

Kimptons always have great hotels, and this is no exception. Great place, right price, and wonderful staff. If you stay, definitely become part of InTouch before you come for free internet.

Room Tip: Overlooking park to south.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I am a winery owner, and make it a point to stay at the hotel whenever I am in Seattle. The staff is exceptional, and to a person make you feel not just welcome, but pampered. Excellent location, an outstanding restaurant, and beautiful rooms make this the perfect place to stay in downtown. I have never had anything less than a five star experience in any Kimpton hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear Pullittogether;
Thank you for taking the time to let other readers know about our thoughtful and efficient service. I love the fact that we are your favorite Kimpton so far. We look forward to your next visit! Again, we appreciate you. All the best, Sandy Burkett, General Manager, Vintage Park
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Stayed here for one night while on a business trip to Seattle. Wished I had stayed there for the whole week. Very elegant. Wish my wife had been with me because the hotel would be perfect for a romantic getaway. Very nice bed and huge bathroom.

Only downside is paying to park is pricey ($34/day).

Room Tip: Try not to be on the same side as the parking garage.
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Location is good; just a few blocks from the waterfront and a short walk away from good shopping areas. The sitting area in the lobby was very cozy and I enjoyed the free coffee/tea in the morning and wine tasting in the evening. Rooms were clean and they offered complimentary leopard-print bathrobes.

1 Thank HulaGal808
Dear Stay Broke:
I appreciate the review of our hotel. It makes our day when we see past guests share with other Seattle bound travelers the level of service that we provide, the fun wine tasting and our easy convenient location. Thank you again. Aloha, Sandy Burkett, General Manager, Vintage Park Hotel
Washington State
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

Three gal friends and I booked two Queen Queen rooms three weeks before our stay. I recommended this hotel based on a previous stay. When I called the hotel directly the agent was courteous and helpful. When I received the email confirmations, both had errors which were fixed immediately with a second phone call. We arrived about 9:00 PM, but I had told my nice reservation agent this would happen. We were warmly greeted at reception and headed up to our rooms. Imagine my surprise when I walked into a room with one King bed! An immediate call to the front desk was made. Even though I had the email stating a Queen Queen room was reserved, I was informed I had requested a King.......plus the hotel was completely full and nothing could be done that night. The room did have a hideabed which we had to use. Now, I must tell you the hotel moved us to a lovely room on the top floor for the next night. We also received a discount on our first night as well as a thoughtful apology note from the Front Desk Supervisor. Nice touch! This is a wonderful property with lovely touches(put our cut flowers in a vase). All staff members were friendly and helpful! Breakfast at Tulio's was delicious! Everyone makes mistakes, it is how you correct them that is important....Hotel Vintage Park made it right.
Yes, I will stay here again!

Stayed April 2012
Dear LmCubs;

I agree with you and truly appreciate your posting. We have a limited number of 2 bedded rooms, here at the hotel, so when a guest extends their stay, it can become very challenging for our staff to accommodate all of our guest requests. Unfortunately things like this do happen, what is important is what we do to minimize the impact to our guests. I am so sorry for the inconvenience that did occur, but very pleased that we did everything we could to make your stay exceptional. Thank you for your gracious posting and noting that when things outside of our control happen- accepting and doing everything we can to acknowledge and make it better is the right approach to guest service. Your last sentance made my day "Everyone makes mistakes, it is how you correct them that is important....Hotel Vintage Park made it right. Yes, I will stay here again!" again thank you!
We look forward to serving you and getting all of it right on your next visit.
All the best, Sandy Burkett, General Manager, Vintage Park