“Great staff, wonderful room, a foodie's delight”

Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle
Ranked #16 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Staff: they really listened to what I was saying and took an interest in me as a person. They are very knowledgable about the area and went out of their way to ate me feel welcome. Everyone I spoke with was kind, refreshingly open and genuine.
Room: the bathroom was contained designer hair and shower products that theft my skin and hair soft, clean and smelling great. The entire room felt as if it were created just for me and although I was visiting for business I will definitely return just for the sheer,indulgence of it. The bed was soft and inviting, leading to a deep sound, restful,sleep.
Food: the food rooted in Northern Italian cuisine, authentic and wonderful. They serve brewed to order infused teas (I had the Basil infusion that was perfectly balanced in flavor) and they know how to make a,proper cappuccino. In a city that excels in making a good cup of coffee they still,stand out. And let's not forget the wine. Is hotel carries a vintage theme from the names of,their rooms being based on wineries to the reception, their selection of wine is both well chosen and affordable.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor. The city lights at night added a romantic quality to the room that is wel...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Jenn G, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2013

Kathryn J,

We are so glad you really felt welcomed during your stay with us here at the Vintage Park. Sounds like you were able to take advantage of our wonderful amenities from the Gilchrist and Soames soap to our hosted wine hour each night. Glad your trip was long enough to enjoy a night at Tulio one of the best Italian restaurants in the city. We do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you travel to the Pacific Northwest in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,829)

Reviewed 7 January 2013

My bf and I stayed at the Vintage Park end of December for 2 nights while staying down for the football game. We booked the hotel through priceline so did not choose it, normally we get the Sheraton so we were surprised it was a different hotel this time.

The hotel was in a great location for our needs, it was a couple of blocks east of shopping so a shorter walk to the stadium than usual but still an easy walk to all the shopping on pike and pine.
The rooms are average size, they seemed bigger in pictures, there is a lot more floor space however the rooms or at least the one we were in was very narrow, so it did seem a bit cramped. We also got the room with the mirror on the wall which I actually found funny though some might find weird.
The decor throughout the hotel I found tacky, my bf on the other hand just found it to go along with the name. It is very vintage looking but the random animal print throughout I dont really understand, that's not very vintage to me. However that being said the decor of the hotel did not effect our stay at all!
The beds were comfortable and we had lots of pillows on the bed which was a plus. The bathroom was very small but since we weren't really their for a romantic weekend I wasnt overly worried about the size of the tub... That being said I'm not very big and even if I wanted to take a bath alone it would have been cramped, tiny bath!
The staff were friendly and helpful, we didnt really 'make us' of them for much but every interaction we had was a very pleasant one.

I saw some people suggesting higher floors for less noise but to be honest noise was not an issue for us (seventh floor) and what we did hear you'd hear on the top floor anyway, sirens and such, so I dont think the floor makes a difference.

My only really big complaint is the parking. $39 a day plus tax is insane, two nights of parking was the cost of one night of stay alone, which I find unreasonable. We did try to find other options around the hotel but on the weekend and with a higher vehicle height it was not possible.

Overall I would probably suggest this hotel if it was for a good price but to be honest if you could go to sheraton for the same price, they have a pool! And i'm a bit bias for the pool and hottub

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Jenn G, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2013

Thank you for the review on your stay at the Vintage Park. I appreciate the candid feedback regarding your stay at the Vintage Park. Listening to our valued guests is the best way I know to make sure we stay on target to provide the best customer service possible. We are an older hotel that has a lot of character to it which we love however our name goes along with our wine theme we have here at the hotel. I was sorry to hear you thought the parking was high we do have very comparable rates to the other hotels in the surrounding area. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back if you come back next year for a football game.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

First and foremost, the location of this hotel is perfection. It's about midway between Pike and Pioneer Square, an easy walk to all of the main attractions if you luck and get good weather for walking. I have no complaints about staff and we were treated well.

The staff is very nice, as is the free wine (and bourbon cider) in the evenings. My biggest complaint about this place is just how stinking tiny it is. I have stayed at many boutique hotels, and I understand that this is generally the rule, but this place is TINY. The lobby or "living room" will only seat a handful of people in the evening.

The bed seemed uncomfortable, almost lumpy. The towels in the room were not the soft, fluffy towels I've had before at these properties. If nothing else, I love having a comfy bed and soft towels...and the rooms are TINY. You barely had enough room on the bathroom counter to place a couple of items, let alone space for two. I'd suggest adding even a shelf under the open area under the sink for storage - something.

Other than the closet, you have no drawers either. We were here for 4 nights, so not really being able to unpack was disappointing.

Parking is very expensive. If you don't need your car, park up at the library on the next block for about half the price....

I've stayed at other Kimpton properties and just don't feel like lived up to the other ones I've stayed at (such as the Monaco or Vintage in Portland, OR). Can't put my finger on it, just didn't feel like a 4*....but the location was perfect and we did enjoy our stay.

Room Tip: Higher floor, bring a noise machine, the walls are pretty thin.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Asherzmom,

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not up to your standards. We are not only a boutique hotel but our building is a historical building which was built in the early 1900's and things were much smaller. We think it is nice to have a little more intimate setting to be able to interact with our guests to and from the lobby. With the lobby being a little smaller guests cannot slip by us and we can check in and see how your trip is going. We do look forward to some changes in the coming year that we are very excited about. I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

Our family (2 adults and 2 teens) checked in on New Years Eve ~ check in was quick and easy. We'd booked our room last minute and were given a room on the 10th floor with a king bed and fold out sofa bed ~ it was comfortable and no issues with achy backs from the sofa bed. We knew the hotel was pretty booked so waited to ask the next day if it would be possible to move to a room with two beds ~ it wasn't an issue and we were given a room (again on the 10th floor) with two queen beds and a small sofa seating area ~ very spacious and much appreciated!
Some things to note: join the loyalty program and you'll be given a voucher for $10 to raid the mini bar; you get more perks if you are an Inner Circle member (higher level in their loyalty program which they will match if you have high status in other loyalty programs ~ info can be found on their website) - we found a nice bottle of champagne waiting for us in our room upon returning New Years Eve; check-in on Yelp for a free bottle of wine; upon request, you may have a goldfish in your room during your stay (the kids loved this).
The location was perfect for us ~ close to Pikes Place, the Seattle library, Columbia Center (check out the view here), shopping, coffee everywhere!!!!, about 1 mile walk to Seattle Center (great walk!). We'll stay here again!
The only cons I can think of: expensive parking ($39 + tax per night); it would be nice to have a coffee maker in the room (there is coffee in the lobby until 9 am, but we were late risers, so we were at the tail end of coffee time and would have liked more).
The staff and service were exceptional ~ we experienced a lot of bad service in Seattle, but not at the Hotel Vintage Park, they were great!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Travel_Bug_Family

Wow! Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments. We are so happy you were able to ring in the new year with us all here at Vintage Park. I am glad we were able to get you into a larger room the second night of your stay to accommodate your entire family. We do have such a wonderful location right in the heart of downtown Seattle close to all the popular tourist spots. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon on your next trip up from Portland. Have a wonderful new year!

Reviewed 5 January 2013

We had a good stay at the Vintage Park. They gave us a nice room on the 9th floor with everything present and correct. It was quiet, the bed was comfortable and we slept well. Staff were friendly and welcoming. We did not park with the hotel due to the outrageous cost (why so expensive?) and were able to find cheaper parking around the corner. Overall it was a good stay at a good price and we would return.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your trip to Seattle. We are glad you found everything you needed during your stay at the Vintage Park. Parking in any downtown location is always at a premium because of space but our parking rates are very comparable to surrounding hotels. We do hope we can welcome you back next time you visit Seattle.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

For a few years now, we have been staying at this hotel every time we come up from Portland. We love it because of its close proximity to everything in the city. We also prefer to stay there because they cared to do little things that the cookie-cutter hotels don't. But lately it seems that they are slacking. I don't know about other people, but it irks me when I see that the cotton puffs has not been filled; the sink has a huge crack in it and it looks like it has been that way for awhile now as a lot of grime has collected in the cracks; we returned from our day-outing to find that the maid has not bothered to pick up the robe that the hotel provides and it is still slung on the armchair. Normally, in any good hotels, they will hang it up behind the bathroom door. Maybe I am being finicky but when you think about what their service was like before, this just disappoints.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Jenn G, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2013

whichcitynow,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your trip to Seattle. We are very sorry that you have not felt that your trip did not exceed your expectations like you last couple visits to the hotel. We do hope that you will give us another chance so we can exceed your expectations with a problem free stay. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

I have stayed at this hotel four times during trips to Seattle. Each stay was as perfect as the last. From the valet taking your keys and parking your car, to the friendly and welcoming staff, to the nicely furnished and upscale rooms, to the wine tastings by the fireplace in the lobby, this hotel is THE place to stay if you are visiting Seattle. Excellent location on 5th Avenue, a beautiful street in downtown. Short walk down to Pike's Place Market and/or window shopping. I would recommend to friends, family and colleagues alike. GREAT job Vintage Park!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Wow thank you for such wonderful comments about your stay here with us at the Vintage Park. We are located right in the heart of downtown within walking distance of all the top places to visit. We do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon!