“Not Bad”

Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle
Ranked #16 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We booked a room for a week at the Vintage Park prior to our Alaskan Cruise.
The hotel location was very good, the Seattle Library is right across the street, and walking to the Pike Place Market is all downhill.
I feel silly saying anything bad about this place, because people here seem to love it, I guess we are just not boutique hotel people.
The room was nice, but I thought it was a little small, and the girlfriend kept wishing there was some place to put our clothes (there was a closet, however there weren't many hangers, other than that, there were no dressers, or anywhere else to put clothes away.
I was a bit perturbed too, that they mention that there is free coffee in the lobby, but there were no cups when I went to get some on Memorial Day (at first I thought they must just be under staffed because of the holiday, but there were people opening the door, they should have been restocking cups)
After the holiday, there were always cups available, but I went out twice on that Monday, and the cups weren't restocked.
The staff was friendly, but when we called down to ask how much making a local call was, the front desk did not know, they referred us to some information card (that wasn't in our room)
In case you are wondering, a call cost $3.00
Another issue was the business center, my girlfriend used it a few times to book tours and what not, when she tried printing her confirmation, (there was an extra fee for that too) someone had stolen a part from the printer, so it wouldn't work.
She called down to the front desk for assistance, and instead of printing her documents and bringing them to her, they asked her to come get the documents at the front desk.
As I said, it was no big issue, just a bunch of small ones (the fees tacked on to the room service menu, no vending machines in the hotel, and several of the food products offered in the room were not listed on the price card attached).
The bed was nice, and the bathroom was large, however getting shampoo from the pump bottle provided was a bit of a challenge (no personal sized bottles, only a large pump bottle)
Every night there was a wine get together in the lobby, but we were never nearby when it was going on, the lobby was nice though, lots of seats.
I used the free wifi a few times too, I even checked in on Yelp and Foursquare (one of them entitled me to a free bottle of wine, but since we were headed out on a cruise, we didn't want to carry it.
In all, like I said, I suppose we are not boutique people.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bbbradk
Amanda P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

bbbradk,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay while visiting Seattle. – The situation you encountered at our hotel was pretty rare, but that doesn’t make it any more right. We always try to do our best and hope you will let us prove this to you during your next stay. I will be passing along your comments to the team to show where we can make improvements to make each guests stay personal and more thoughtful. I do hope you will give us the chance to exceed your expectations the next time you are in town and really give you the boutique experience you are looking for.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,821)

Reviewed 6 June 2013

I can not understand why this property is not better ranked. My wife and I wouldn't like to expend too much, so we picked the cheapest room. No regrets. The room was not large, but we stayed the whole day outside, and the accommodations were just perfect to have a good night of sleep. The only negative point was the breakfast in the restaurant in the same building (apparently they are separated business). Extra positive point to the staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1bertoManelli
Amanda P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear 1bertoManelli,
Location, location, location! So glad to hear you were able to enjoy all Seattle offers from your home base at the Vintage Park. Our close proximity to the waterfront, market, shopping, and sports arenas make it easy to navigate our city.
Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights and we were pleasantly surprised by the good service and overall nice conditions. This is a boutique hotel & should not be compared to Hilton as it has a very small footprint. Small lobby can make for awkward "wine hour" but the staff here really tries to accommodate. Kind folks. Rooms were fine but not that aesthetically interesting. I agree with other writers that the rooms are kind of a let-down in terms of luxury relative to price point. Even so, Krimpton brand has a yoga mat in each room, though to be honest the rooms are so small, I do not know where/how one could do a down dog into a warrior one. Clean rooms though! PS: they allow dogs and are very pet-positive & you can have your own gold fish & mini-aquarium brought to your room. Our friend's fish's name was Syrah in line with the hotel's branding strategy based on wines...get it, Vintage Hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank DanielLogan

Dear DanielLogan,
Syrah misses you and your friends! Come back to visit soon!
We think our team is pretty outstanding! Thank you for the kind words.
As far as our yoga mats - your room is one option with the in room yoga channel, or join us on Wednesday's for Sip & Stretch in the lobby. We have a unique combination of wine and yoga for all to enjoy.
Cheers to you!

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Our first visit to Kimpton Hotel was totally amazing. The staff was friendly, paid personal attention to us, and even kept notes of our previous questions (where to eat, taking a trip to Victoria BC, going to a concert, etc) and asked us about our adventures when we returned. The rooms were comfortable and unique. The general manager is doing an excellent job with team-building!

The location was super-convenient for our activities and plans. Can't wait for our next trip to Seattle

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Amanda P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

We think you're Totally Awesome!
Thank you for the compliments - it's not me, it's this outstanding team! They are truly the heart and soul of this property. I couldn't be more proud to brag and so glad you agree!
We're excited for your next trip to Seattle and Kimpton Hotels - bring your friends!
Safe travels - wherever they take you!

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Didn't really do it for us. Our room was adequate, but a bit past its best. The water was never really hot, the bath towels were a bit small, there were no coffee making facilities. It just all added up to a disappointing experience. Location's great, though, and the restaurant's very good. And yes, there's complimentary wine from 5.00-6.00, but there's no comfortable lounge bar for a drink at the end of the day.

Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Jonathan H

Dear Jonathan,
I am sorry we didn't knock your socks off! It seems like you missed out on all we offer! I'm glad you were able to join us for our wine reception. Did you participate in trivia night or the Sip & Stretch yoga program? Were you able to sweeten your coffee with any of the special coffee flavors or enjoy or morning treat? The goldfish, the hula hoops, and Tulio Ristorante - named one of the best italian restaurants in the country! As far as the coffee service in your room, just ask, we can have it sent up to you!
I hope you'll give us another chance and have the complete Vintage Park experience.
Cheers!

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Top notch linens, very comfortable accommodations, no noise, slept like a baby. They have coffee and tea service downstairs for guests as well as 5-7 wine service. Very nice. The valet is very polite and so is the receptionist and I would definitely classify this hotel as a 5 star. We used cabs while here so we did not need to park the car.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bapmiami

Thank you for giving us your five star stamp of approval! Our team works very hard to put their best foot forward at every turn. Thank you for noticing and for telling the TripAdvisor community!
We hope you'll be back again soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2013

The hotel is nice, great location and while expensive for parking, was a good experience. Valet was great and very patient with our group.
Now for the interesting bit....
A few of us were heading back to our rooms after dinner and a group of young women got in the elevator. Just as the doors began to close, a guy came running to the door with a big smile on his face and said "I can give you ladies a ride anywhere you would like to go"! and the girls answered nervously, "No thanks". As the doors closed, they started to talk..."That was really weird", "He gave me his phone number" & "He wanted us to get into his car pretty bad".
I expected to hear that they had met him at a restaurant and he was just being overzealous, but when I asked, they said, "No, it's creepy... He works here"

Keep it professional, please!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very nice