“My 4th Choice, disappointing.”

Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle
Ranked #16 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Last minute trip, and my first 3 choices for hotels were all booked up. This is a boutique hotel, so I thought I'd give it a try. The king premier room which was on special for $266 before tax/ $322 after tax per night, was on ground level behind the kitchen with a view of the alley. If by 'boutique' them mean really small and dark, it was.

There is no pool. The robes they provide have a leopard print, probably to stop anyone from wanting to steal them. Valet parking was another $39 per night.

And the desk staff were hopeless. Its been a while since I had good Mexican food, and even though I had researched a few places, I asked the concierge for a dinner recommendation. When I asked her, she looked blank, then said there was a burrito lunch place a few block down that might be open, but she couldn't remember the name. I had found the 'La Carta de Oaxaca' on Ballard Ave on trip advisor in a few seconds, and concierge was clueless, worse wasting my time with a bad recommendation. (BTW, La Carta de Oaxaca food was excellent!!)

This is not my kind of hotel. There was nothing to recommend it.

Room Tip: See the room first before you settle in.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ClaireFromYVR
Amanda P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Thank you taking the time to review. Our team, the front desk and concierge included, take a lot of pride in caring for our guests and hotel, and I'm sorry to hear that did not come across during your visit. We'd love another chance to show you what has kept guests coming back to the Vintage Park for years.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,829)

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have never been disappointed with any of the Kimpton hotels, as always, they are very comfortable. I stayed two nights, very comfortable bed. No street noise, it is located right in the center of town which makes it easy to shop or sightsee.The wine reception is always nice and I have to applaud Laura for being so generous with the wine and she was very helpful with restaurant information. I do wish they had a little more variety of appetizers, the crackers were pretty boring.I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

We love making wishes come true at Kimpton, so we're crafting a whole new menu of wine hour appetizers for the holidays! Email our concierge Lara at concierge@vintagepark.com before your next visit, and she'll make sure we have your favorite snack on the table. Cheers!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We had never been to the west coast and decided to visit Seattle. This hotel was downtown, 5 blocks from the waterfront with lots of shops, restaurants, ferries etc. and a few blocks from the famous Pike's Market. The hotel was cozy and clean, the staff was friendly and helpful. The only (minor) drawback was there was no chest of drawers to unpack in. The most comfortable bed we ever slept in more than made up for that. We also appreciated the white cotton cover on the comforter and white cotton spread - which can be laundered along with the sheets.

The wine receptions every day at 5:00 were an excellent amenity - they were generous with the wine, the fireplace was always burning, and it was a great time to chat a little with other guests. A couple of times we left just in time to walk up the street to Rock Bottom for Happy Hour and their wonderful micro IPA - great nachos there too and always a nice crowd with well placed TVs if you like to watch sports.

You can ride the train from the airport to the station (which is a couple of blocks from the hotel) but we took a taxi which was $50 plus tip. Once we got there we just walked everywhere - I believe it's pretty expensive to park at the hotel but we didn't want to drive in a strange city (we're from a very small town). We took ferry trips over to two different islands which was very relaxing. BTW the hills going down to the water are quite steep so be prepared to get some exercise if you're going to walk everywhere.

The coffee at the hotel was great and was always ready by 5am although they only promised 5:30. The restaurant is elegant - a little pricey but no more so than other restaurants in the area. You can earn two $5 coupons for the restaurant if you don't have your room made up every day. There are at least 5 Starbucks within easy walking distance.

The flat screen TV was perfect and the wireless fast, and free if you join some promotional club they offer. We didn't notice any street noise at all nor noise from other guests. There is a City Target a few blocks away if you forgot anything. The room has the usual tiny fridge with snacks but we bought some sliced cheese etc. at target to have on hand.

The hotel helped make this a memorable visit - I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor and it was very quiet - no street noise. The elevator is very fast BTW.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reality1300
Amanda P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

I am so happy we could be your home away from home during your first West Coast visit! At Kimpton we treat our guests like our family--which means a full glass of wine in the evening and a fresh cup of coffee in the morning. It wouldn't be home without it : )

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Vintage Park hotel for 2 nights and I wished we had time to have stayed longer. The staff is excellent. They greet you every time you walk back into the hotel. We had to leave on Friday night and needed a ride and they handled everything so the town car was at the hotel when we got back from dinner. Our room was large and I loved the set up. It had a refrigerator and a couch and 2 double beds. It was like a small suite. We had turn down service every night with chocolates on the pillow. Every day they had wine tasting from different vendors which was fun. We ate dinner at Tulio's the first night we were there and service and food were wonderful. The location is great as you are a short walk to Pike Place market, the space needle and a lot of shopping. We are planning to come back to Seattle in a couple of years and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank princesscasmere

Our team loves to hear about your Seattle adventures--don't be surprised if we stop you in the lobby to chat!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel is beautiful, cozy and walking distance to many fun restaurants and activities in Seattle. Sitting by the fire having coffee in the morning and complimentary local wine in the evening made me feel at home. The front desk and valet staff were very pleasant and welcoming. We had a very nice room and were made to feel special with our In Touch membership. The jogging map was very helpful and I had the best run which included sight seeing! My mom and I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quiet and large.
Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Whether you run, walk, or borrow our awesome bikes, we're just blocks from the waterfront. Why not enjoy Elliot Bay while you stretch your legs?

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The staff at this hotel were friendly helpful and very polite.
The location is perfect for shopping and walking and sight seeing. however, the lobby and lounge area in this hotel are very cramped -
The hotel room was tastefully decorated despite a too small bathroom an no coffee maker!

We tried room service and found the food barely passable as the pizza was charred! completely burnt on the underside. Black! Very disappointing. Having to call front desk for bed linens at bedtime for the pull out was also disappointing. Just an okay stay. Not great. Needs improvements.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Snowmad4

An incredible hotel experience is all in the details. Thank you for the honest review--we can't get better if we don't know what our guests need! I hope we'll have another chance to wow you at the Vintage Park, and please do not hesitate to let us know if anything doesn't meet your expectations during your stay so we can make it right.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Love staying here - the location can't be beat...very near I-5. It is downtown, so you're going to hear some street noise, but I can be a light sleeper, but it really didn't bother me. The staff is very friendly. The rooms are very clean. Really, absolutely no complaints. Love the wine hour in the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the review! And we really love wine hour, too--it's such a nice way to get to know our Kimpton family!