Of all the places I’ve stayed in Seattle, Hotel Vintage Park is my favorite in terms of quality for the money. I’ve been here often enough that I recognize the front desk staff (and vice versa) and enjoy conversing about what’s going on in the city at the time. I like the environmentally friendly policy (no need to clean everything every day), and the staff is accepting of my requests not to have my room made up during my stay (usually 3 or 4 nights). For three years running I even managed to book the exact room I requested. If the concierge is not in the lobby, any of the staff are happy to help check bus routes or museum hours for me on-line. [Disclosure: I am a Kimpton In Touch member]
Following are some notes for your consideration:
* Low number rooms are nearest to the elevator.
* The west (5th) and south (Spring) sides of the hotel face streets; 5th typically has more traffic.
* The “fitness” center is pretty small.
* The hotel is across the street from the library, and two blocks away from the 5th Avenue Theatre. I’m an avid (and fast) walker, so the University transit tunnel, Benaroya Hall and SAM are within easy range. Slightly longer to Pike’s Place Market. The walk to the Frye Art Museum is uphill and on the west side of I-5 (15 mins). Seattle Center takes me about 25 mins. I have even walked to the sports complex, which I’d estimate at 25 mins.
* Tulio, on the lobby floor, is an awesome restaurant, and I enjoy having breakfast there.
* Free wine and munchies are served in the evenings; this can be fun.
* My only complaint is that the hotel charges for internet time (per 15 mins) in the business center. It’s a low blow to me because I do not own a smart phone or a laptop (go ahead, laugh!) since I never travel on business, and many other hotels I stay at do not charge for this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle is a newly renovated 4-diamond boutique hotel in the heart of downtown Seattle, across from the famed Seattle Public Library. Celebrating the excellence of Washington State wines, the Hotel Vintage provides deluxe accommodations and exceptional service. Enjoy the nightly wine reception showcasing the region's finest wines, stop next door for a meal at Tulio or walk to nearby attractions such as Pioneer Square, Pike Place Market and the Seattle Art Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Vintage Park Kimpton