“Stayed here many times; my favorite in downtown Seattle”

Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle
Ranked #16 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Of all the places I’ve stayed in Seattle, Hotel Vintage Park is my favorite in terms of quality for the money. I’ve been here often enough that I recognize the front desk staff (and vice versa) and enjoy conversing about what’s going on in the city at the time. I like the environmentally friendly policy (no need to clean everything every day), and the staff is accepting of my requests not to have my room made up during my stay (usually 3 or 4 nights). For three years running I even managed to book the exact room I requested. If the concierge is not in the lobby, any of the staff are happy to help check bus routes or museum hours for me on-line. [Disclosure: I am a Kimpton In Touch member]

Following are some notes for your consideration:
* Low number rooms are nearest to the elevator.
* The west (5th) and south (Spring) sides of the hotel face streets; 5th typically has more traffic.
* The “fitness” center is pretty small.
* The hotel is across the street from the library, and two blocks away from the 5th Avenue Theatre. I’m an avid (and fast) walker, so the University transit tunnel, Benaroya Hall and SAM are within easy range. Slightly longer to Pike’s Place Market. The walk to the Frye Art Museum is uphill and on the west side of I-5 (15 mins). Seattle Center takes me about 25 mins. I have even walked to the sports complex, which I’d estimate at 25 mins.
* Tulio, on the lobby floor, is an awesome restaurant, and I enjoy having breakfast there.
* Free wine and munchies are served in the evenings; this can be fun.
* My only complaint is that the hotel charges for internet time (per 15 mins) in the business center. It’s a low blow to me because I do not own a smart phone or a laptop (go ahead, laugh!) since I never travel on business, and many other hotels I stay at do not charge for this.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Amanda P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

I'm happy to hear that the Vintage Park is your home away from home! And of course we love our Kimpton In Touch Members, but our fantastic desk team is full of good suggestions for all our guests, members or not : ) Cheers, Jim L, we'll see you soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed over a weekend. The room was clean and comfortable. However, it was dark and had minimal lighting. This made it impossible to do any reading.

At check-in, they had lost any record of our reservation. Several staff got involved for an extended period of time before they agreed to provide a room. This was strange since I had a printed copy of my confirmation and had received an email only a few days earlier from the conceirge indicating that they were looking forward to our arrival.

The hotel is a few blocks uphill from most of the common tourist stops. It required a little more walking that we expected. However, it was not exhausting. There were relatively few restaurants in the immediate vicinity, but the famous library was nearby.

The doormen were extremely helpful, and this was important because the entrance driveway is essentially one-way in without an exit.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the honest review--we need to hear about the hiccups in order to assure a smoother stay next time. I am personally following up with our reservations team to find out why we didn't see your arrival so that this doesn't happen again. You'll also be happy to hear we are working on new lighting for all the rooms to ensure a brighter visit in the future!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed for anniversary. Let them know and there were flowers, chocolates, and a bottle of champagne on ice when we walked in. Room and staff great and perhaps, the best room service meal we have ever had.

Stayed: October 2013

Luigi, I couldn't agree more--the Vintage Park is just a good place to be! Congratulations again on your anniversary, and we look forward to celebrating with you again soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed at Vintage Park in 2012 and returned in 2013. The first time we stayed because they not only welcomed our dogs, but provided cozy beds, dog cookies, etc. The second time we stayed, Oct/Nov 2013, we weren't able to bring our dogs, but still had a fantastic stay. We love Tulio, the restaurant. We were only able to have breakfast this time, but have had wonderful dinners in the past. We love the lobby, the friendly staff, and the beautiful rooms. The decor is not what I would do at home, but it is pretty, fun, warm, and welcoming.

Room Tip: Corner King was very spacious and had great views of the library. We love to watch the city life bel...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

I'm so happy to hear we've made a Vintage Park fan. And next time you visit, you might just find the decor something you wish you had at home! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Last minute trip, and my first 3 choices for hotels were all booked up. This is a boutique hotel, so I thought I'd give it a try. The king premier room which was on special for $266 before tax/ $322 after tax per night, was on ground level behind the kitchen with a view of the alley. If by 'boutique' them mean really small and dark, it was.

There is no pool. The robes they provide have a leopard print, probably to stop anyone from wanting to steal them. Valet parking was another $39 per night.

And the desk staff were hopeless. Its been a while since I had good Mexican food, and even though I had researched a few places, I asked the concierge for a dinner recommendation. When I asked her, she looked blank, then said there was a burrito lunch place a few block down that might be open, but she couldn't remember the name. I had found the 'La Carta de Oaxaca' on Ballard Ave on trip advisor in a few seconds, and concierge was clueless, worse wasting my time with a bad recommendation. (BTW, La Carta de Oaxaca food was excellent!!)

This is not my kind of hotel. There was nothing to recommend it.

Room Tip: See the room first before you settle in.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ClaireFromYVR

Thank you taking the time to review. Our team, the front desk and concierge included, take a lot of pride in caring for our guests and hotel, and I'm sorry to hear that did not come across during your visit. We'd love another chance to show you what has kept guests coming back to the Vintage Park for years.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have never been disappointed with any of the Kimpton hotels, as always, they are very comfortable. I stayed two nights, very comfortable bed. No street noise, it is located right in the center of town which makes it easy to shop or sightsee.The wine reception is always nice and I have to applaud Laura for being so generous with the wine and she was very helpful with restaurant information. I do wish they had a little more variety of appetizers, the crackers were pretty boring.I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

We love making wishes come true at Kimpton, so we're crafting a whole new menu of wine hour appetizers for the holidays! Email our concierge Lara at concierge@vintagepark.com before your next visit, and she'll make sure we have your favorite snack on the table. Cheers!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We had never been to the west coast and decided to visit Seattle. This hotel was downtown, 5 blocks from the waterfront with lots of shops, restaurants, ferries etc. and a few blocks from the famous Pike's Market. The hotel was cozy and clean, the staff was friendly and helpful. The only (minor) drawback was there was no chest of drawers to unpack in. The most comfortable bed we ever slept in more than made up for that. We also appreciated the white cotton cover on the comforter and white cotton spread - which can be laundered along with the sheets.

The wine receptions every day at 5:00 were an excellent amenity - they were generous with the wine, the fireplace was always burning, and it was a great time to chat a little with other guests. A couple of times we left just in time to walk up the street to Rock Bottom for Happy Hour and their wonderful micro IPA - great nachos there too and always a nice crowd with well placed TVs if you like to watch sports.

You can ride the train from the airport to the station (which is a couple of blocks from the hotel) but we took a taxi which was $50 plus tip. Once we got there we just walked everywhere - I believe it's pretty expensive to park at the hotel but we didn't want to drive in a strange city (we're from a very small town). We took ferry trips over to two different islands which was very relaxing. BTW the hills going down to the water are quite steep so be prepared to get some exercise if you're going to walk everywhere.

The coffee at the hotel was great and was always ready by 5am although they only promised 5:30. The restaurant is elegant - a little pricey but no more so than other restaurants in the area. You can earn two $5 coupons for the restaurant if you don't have your room made up every day. There are at least 5 Starbucks within easy walking distance.

The flat screen TV was perfect and the wireless fast, and free if you join some promotional club they offer. We didn't notice any street noise at all nor noise from other guests. There is a City Target a few blocks away if you forgot anything. The room has the usual tiny fridge with snacks but we bought some sliced cheese etc. at target to have on hand.

The hotel helped make this a memorable visit - I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor and it was very quiet - no street noise. The elevator is very fast BTW.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reality1300
Amanda P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

I am so happy we could be your home away from home during your first West Coast visit! At Kimpton we treat our guests like our family--which means a full glass of wine in the evening and a fresh cup of coffee in the morning. It wouldn't be home without it : )