“Small and friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Bellingham, Washington
“Small and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

I usually stay at the Hotel Vintage Park while I am in Seattle, and my experience recently on a two-night business trip was so positive I decided to write my first-ever Trip Advisor review. I requested a quiet room and was given a top floor, interior room, very quiet. The bed was perfect. Breakfast in my room was delivered promptly and was excellent. But mostly, the staff was personal and friendly. This is an older building, tastefully renovated. A cozy, comfortable place. Enjoy!

Room Tip: ask for high and interior to avoid street noise.
Green Features: Skip housekeeping by tagging your door. The temperature controls worked well and I kept my room cool at night.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amanda P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Your first Trip Advisor review? You're going to make us blush! Thank you for your loyalty to the Vintage Park, and your kind words about our team : )

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

I have been staying at Kimpton hotels for the past 15 years. They are great and the Vintage Park in Seattle is cozy and awesome. The staff is helpful and their customer service is outstanding. I travel with my two dogs and they are always given first class treatment. I highly recommend Kimpton Hotels and esp. Vintage Park in Seattle.

Room Tip: Join the Kimpton In Touch so you can get a raid the mini bar voucher. Also, drive a hybrid and get...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow--thank you for this review! Our guests always bring the sweetest pets--how could we not spoil them?!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Not only a great location, but a place that is both charming, and first class service. Room was very comfortable, plenty of space. The lobby is warm and welcoming, restaurant a bit pricy, but good. The wine reception was just what the doctor ordered after a cold, wet walk through Seattle, and the wine was quality stuff. The service was fantastic. Just ask and the get it done. Nothing seems to be too big or too small of a request. Needed an aspirin when at breakfast and the waitress immediately ran down the street and retrieved some - would not take any $ for doing so - nice touch...

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We'll always have a nice glass of wine, a seat by the fireplace, and a friendly smile to keep you warm.
Salt Lake
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

This is a wonderful little hotel in the very heart of Seattle. The staff was very friendly and they have a little wine reception every afternoon in the cozy lobby! My room was very clean, not at all flashy, but with plenty of conveniently-located power outlets, which I always appreciate. The bed was super comfortable and since it was also very, very quiet, I slept extremely well both nights. That hardly ever happens. Walking distance to airport light rail and every place you might want to visit in downtown Seattle.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
A good night's sleep is the best amenity a hotel can offer : )
Liberty Lake, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Hotel Vintage Park comes through with a wonderful experience. Last year we spent the Thanksgiving holiday in downtown Seattle at the Hotel Vintage Park and had a wonderful time. The valet service never bats an eye when we show up in our extended cab, full-size pickup and the front lobby staff is ALWAYS nice no matter if we just stepped outside for 2 minutes. They greet you with a hello and a smile.

This trip was with my wife and my mother on her first trip to Seattle. Hotel Vintage Park was a great way to break her in. The beds were comfortable, the room clean and we didn't hear a peep from any other guests.

The other extremely important thing for us: we don't usually travel with our dog (if we're staying at a hotel) but when we know we're staying at the Vintage Park, we always bring her. While booking our room this time, I requested a food and water dish as well as a small pet bed. When we checked in (early by the way), the requested dog amenities were already present. It was a very nice touch!

Steve, one of the valets, was extremely helpful loading the truck, dog and getting suitcases situated (and waterproofed) as we were preparing to leave. Kudos!

My wife and I love this hotel and if we're staying in downtown Seattle, I don't see us staying anywhere else. Ever.

Green Features: We enjoy that we don't have to have maid service when staying at a hotel! Vintage Park even gives you a coupon for not using the service! Brilliant!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We're so happy to have guests like you in our Kimpton family--it makes our day to see familiar faces!
alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

We enjoyed a long weekend in Seattle with great accommodations at this quaint hotel, Price was reasonable, service incredible, rooms are comfortable and clean. The location is perfect - just a few blocks to everything Seattle. We asked for a coffee maker and an extra luggage rack and they were in our room within ten minutes. From the front desk staff to the concierge, everyone went out of their way to make sure all your needs were met! The restaurant and bar located inside offer incredible original food and perfect service. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much, brentom! We're lucky to be within walking distance to all the downtown hot spots. Check out our complimentary bikes next visit, and you'll find Capitol Hill and Queen Anne are just a few minutes away, too!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

I did a mattress run at three of their Seattle properties starting with The Vintage, the most expensive and my least fave of the properties (I also stayed at Monaco and Alexis). This is not at ALL to say it was bad by any means. I was greeted warmly, checked in immediately (I was a late arrival at 5:30 pm), but was disappointed that my welcome amenity and roommate goldfish were not in the room even though the front desk told me it was all there upon arrival. When it came not too long afterward the cheesecake was the best Ive ever had, the wine lovely, and my Goldfish sadly, was looking half-dead in foggy water. I felt horrible for it. This is the one slip that should not have happened.

I was not upgraded as with the other two properties- that's fine, just saying, and the girl at the front desk was new and new nothing about the Chefs Treat at the restaurant that you get as an Inner Circle member.That's reasonable when you're new but she told me she would call the restaurant to let them know I was coming but they had no idea who I was when I gave my name, so I had to awkwardly ask for my amenity. Once they knew I was Inner Circle the Maitre'D went out of his way to make me feel quite special. My treat was their pumpkin ravioli at their fantastic restaurant Trulio. WOW is all I have to say about my meal there. Its a 'dont-miss" to be sure.

The lobby and the restaurant were the highlights. I went to happy hour and it was such an intimate and lovely setting (cant go wrong with a blazing fireplace) and I enjoyed it immensely. My room was OK. I think it would've been better had the lighting been paid attention to more. It really does make such a difference. As others have stated I think the room could use an update. I had to move the bed to get to a plug for my laptop in order to use it in bed. And why iPhone docking stations aren't di regueur these days Ill never know.

I filled out a review form that they sent me and the manager got in touch with me afterward apologizing for the lack of knowledge from the front desk girl. I find that quality admirable in a business and it is why I've had a love for Kimptons "boutique" experience since my first stay in Vancouver so, so many years ago. That being said, I would only come back to stay at this specific property again after a bit of remodeling. A meal at Trulios, however, is forever on my list when in Seattle however.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank carissa t
Amanda P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
We might just be ready to show off our new style by the time you make it back to Tulio, so please do try us again in 2014 for a surprising twist on the classic Vintage Park (and we'll make sure the team knows all the perks for our fantastic Inner Circle guests--including tracking down the best cheesecake in town, of course!).