“Nice stay, great restaurant”

Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle
Ranked #13 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Portland, OR
“Nice stay, great restaurant”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This was my first time at this hotel, stayed 1 night on business. The hotel is undergoing renovations, and the Room 302 check in desk is a bit unusual, but otherwise, I enjoyed my stay. I had a higher floor, renovated room. It was nicely decorated and quiet and for the most part, the staff was friendly. Dinner and breakfast at the restaurant were delicious! Rooms are not equipped with coffee makers, so if you enjoy a cup while dressing, be sure to specifically request one. (I didn't find out they were available until much later)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank OregonSp8
Amanda P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Please come and see the finished product--it's a beautiful new Vintage : )

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Very nice room and very helpful staff, but what a surprise when we arrived at the hotel to realize that they were under construction. There is no lobby or reception, you actually do your check in a room, where they installed a random banquet table to use as a desk.
next morning constructions started around 9am, builders using hammers and drills just on the top of my bed . I called the reception and was told "I m sorry but the hotel is under construction".???what???
Ok I get it but on my hollidays I like to relax and sleep in the morning that s why I book in a 4 star hotel, for comfort. If they told me it would be so I probably would have been to an other hotel.
I will consider to go back to hotel vintage park if they promise me no drilling before breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank mathbc2014
Amanda P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Please do come back and see the finished product this spring--we are so grateful for everyone's patience! Nothing but good surprises on the horizon : )
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is my Seattle choice for places to stay. Perfect location, always clean and the service is impeccable. Tulio is a wonderful dining experience. I couldn't decide between two pasta dishes so the waiter suggested that he could do a half and half. Decision made and both were fabulous.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Mdalfonzo
We are so lucky to have Tulio by our side--and to have so many pastas to choose from!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stayed two nights and it's obvious that any Kimpton Hotel will be a nice place so what surprised us was the sincerely great staff. From being greeted at the car to the check in and service staff. Everybody talked to you like they knew you as a regular. (we are not). Each time they see you, they remember you. They were relaxed, friendly and not snobby at all.
We got a newly renovated room which was elegant and modern. The location is good too with many restaurants close by. The walk to Pikes was a bit longer then some other hotels, but we like the extra walk to work of the extra food you have to eat at Seattle restaurants.
The only thing we had issues with was getting on the internet... we tried to get help but it confused things more and so we never got on.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank winequaffer
haha, thank you! We couldn't be snobby if we tried--we're too busy having fun!
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 13 February 2014

This is a beautiful and wonderful hotel...but it's the staff who made our recent experience truly memorable. We arrived disappointed that the lobby was under construction, but by the time we departed two days later, well, frankly, the lobby construction was a total non-issue. The staff really went out of their way to make us feel welcomed and special--and simply put, they were sincere with everything. We used the 'secret word' at check-in, which genuinely thrilled the woman behind the desk, who was delighted to be able to give us discounted parking. Our two meals in Tulio were excellent, and made that much better by our waiter, Antonio; We had fun 'raiding' the minibar, too. The icing on the cake? When I completed the automatically-generated hotel questionnaire after my visit, I received a personal, multi-paragraph note from the manager.

Room Tip: Join the Kimpton 'In-touch' loyalty program before you arrive..
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
We cannot wait to share the new Vintage with all of you--and thankfully it comes with the same incredible staff that you know and love : )
Sasebo, Japan
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Located on the corner of 5th Avenue and Spring Street, I chose this hotel because of its easy walking distance to all things great in Seattle and its competitive pricing. What will have me returning is the wonderful experience I had there.

Built in 1922 it is on the National Historic Register and was known as the Kennedy Hotel for 70 years before it was bought by San Francisco Hotel operator, Bill Kimpson in 1991. Although it went through heavy renovations in 1992, they managed to retain the old world feel amid the luxury. The design incorporates deep, rich colors with cherry wood for an old style feel, but in case you feel you have stepped back into time, the flat screen television in your room will keep you grounded. Since I packed light, I also appreciated having my bathroom fully stocked with good smelling toiletries.

With a doorman to greet you as you arrive and a friendly desk clerk to give directions to the best restaurants and nearest night life entertainment, the service was very much appreciated.

Paying homage to Washington state wineries, each guest room bears the name of one above the door. At 5 p.m. each night, guests are invited down to the lounge for a wine tasting. Since it happened to be a cold, rainy night, the fireplace was very welcome and I enjoyed my conversation with the local vineyard owner.

It has to be one of the quietest hotels I've ever stayed at. I saw many other guests, so I know they were there, but once the door was shut, I sure didn't hear them. Thank you, Vintage Park, for a very nice stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank arl3203
Thank you, arl3203, for a very nice review! We can't wait to have you back for another glass of wine by the fireplace. Cheers!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Ideally situated - short walk to eat, drink and shop. Train to needle close enough. Room was adequate size but bathroom was crammed. Very nicely furnished and clean. Had EVERYTHING you could possibly need from leopard print robes to all sorts of snacks and USB charge ports. VERY pleasant staff. Delicious breakfast. You won't regret booking this one.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VDKingsley
If we don't already have what you need in the room, we've got a team eager to make it happen! Just relax and we'll do the rest : )