“Great stay as always”

Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle
Ranked #13 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I'm a huge fan of the Kimpton chain (and am therefore a loyalty member) and have always loved all of the Seattle hotels. This is my second stay in the Vintage Park and my second positive experience.

Valet parking, while expensive, is easy and convenient and the attendants are friendly and quick - I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes to get my car, which has always been returned in perfect condition.

Check in was quick and the front desk staff were welcoming and helpful. The lobby was undergoing a renovation so while there was a bit of an obstacle course getting to the elevator it wasn't a big deal and I didn't hear any of the construction noise from my room. I think the renovation is meant to be completed by now so look forward to seeing the new lobby on my next visit. On both of my stays I've had a room with a king size bed and while the room isn't what I'd call spacious, it was perfect for one to two people to stay comfortably. There is also enough room to roll out and use the complimentary yoga mat, which is one of my favorite things about Kimpton hotels. The bed was amazing - huge, lots of fluffy pillows, nice linens and so cozy I didn't want to get up! The bathroom was a good size with an excellent shower (good water pressure and a shower head that allows you to choose from a few different settings) and I love the brand of shampoo/conditioner/etc. I also love that they came in full size bottles, so much less wasteful than the little individual bottles you find in other hotels. The only slight issue with the bathroom is that there isn't a ton of counter space so not easy to keep all of your things there.

Location of the hotel is great - within easy walking distance to restaurants, shopping, the market, etc. - and as Seattle is a little prone to rain I appreciated the big purple umbrella in my room. For nearby restaurants highly recommend Purple, Wild Ginger and the Metropolitan Grill, all of which are a short walk from the hotel. During my last stay we had asked the front desk staff to help us book a table at the Metropolitan Grill and when we got to the restaurant we were surprised with a complimentary starter that the hotel had arranged for us, was such a nice touch and that kind of customer service is one of the many, many reasons I always stay at a Kimpton whenever I'm visiting a city in which they have a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Amanda P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Isn't our valet team incredible?! I'll be sure to pass on this kind review to them, and you be sure to come see the finished hotel soon : )

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Really cool room, nice location, super friendly staff. $40 a night to park the car sucks but it was similar to every other place around there. Why does it cost so much to park in downtown seattle? We had no hot water for showers in the morning so they comped the parking at least.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Parking downtown is something even the locals try to get around---feel free to call our concierge for help planning a Seattle trip without the car (it's easy to do!).

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I like this entire hotel chain having spent times in the ones in San Francisco, Seattle and Washington DC. They understand the concept "customer service." The receptionists do greet you with a smile and automatically recognize you as being a "In Touch Member," by giving you a $10 perk. There are wine receptions where you actually chat with other visitors from areas unknown to you, which is a great experience. The locations are within a reach of entertainment. My room was comfortable big, clean and very updated in terms of decor. I like the idea that they promote "green" , are dog-friendly and most of all they encourage a "balance" in your life by subtlety having a yoga mat in the closet. The big plush robes are nice as are the socks. Try it once and then you will do what I do.........search for the sister hotels in the country.

Room Tip: Go to Tulio the Restaurant on property.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank PBBV

Wow--thank you!!! We are so lucky to have a team that loves what they do--how could we not with guests like you?!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed here during all the construction, but still really enjoyed my stay. The hotel is in a great location, close to all that downtown has to offer. The bed was comfy and the bathroom had nice shampoo and soaps. My AC/heat broke on the second day, but they sent someone to fix it ASAP. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Amanda P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

We can't wait to have you back at the Hotel Vintage --you'll have the same fantastic staff waiting to greet you, and a gorgeous new look : )

Reviewed 14 March 2014

First, I will address the construction. The lobby is in progress however I did not have to run an obstacle course to get to the front desk or to the elevators. My one night stay was quiet and I was not woken by hammering or banging noises. Some floors are under renovation but I did not see guests put in rooms on those floors.
Second, the employees are all super nice and helpful. I filled out my online survey and I was promptly contacted about my small concern.
Third, the room was wonderful, hip and stylish. What I would expect from a Seattle boutique hotel. Bed was comfy, bathroom was fab (except low lighting) and the living room was spacious while being functional. Loved the new decor but thought the drapes were a pain in the butt to close! No biggie!
Fourth, I ordered late night room service. The cheeseburger was very good. Service was prompt and I fell into the comfy bed a happy camper!!

Room Tip: Top floor was fab
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your understanding while we released our new Vintage--we look forward to having you back to show it all off, lobby included!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here for a week with my family in October and we couldn't say enough about how great the place was and how friendly the staff was. We came and went at all hours between arriving from the airport, leaving for city activities, taking day trips, and leaving for the airport, but no matter when it was the staff was friendly, good with my kids, and especially helpful in providing directions and recommendations. The room was very nice - spacious and nicely decorated. We are looking at planning our next family vacation and I hope to find a Kimpton hotel to stay in because this was such a great stay. I have never left a hotel and made a point to look that 'brand" up again. Thank you for helping make our memories in Seattle so great!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Shanna D

I am so happy we made a Kimpton fan for life--we hope to see you and the family back here soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed here for a week due to business. The hotel has been completely renovated and it is fantastic! The rooms are large and comfortable with a very appealing decor. Internet- desk- etc all worked very well. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Location is excellent as you can walk to most places down town Seattle.
I will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor. You will have some sun if it is shining.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank andrew2ava

Wow--thank you!! We'll see you soon : )