“Location, Comfort and Happy Wine Hour!”

Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle
Ranked #14 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Miami, Florida
“Location, Comfort and Happy Wine Hour!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Traveling for business and having stayed in Kimpton hotels before, I decided to stay here for two nights - and it did not disappoint. Upon my late arrival, staff were very accomodating. The room was lovely and so comfortable - love the leopard robes. Location is great - everything is in walking distance from Pike's Market, Capitol Hill's nightlife and to all 300 Starbucks within a 2-mile radius. Added perks: bikes available to cruise the city and the Happy wine hour - friendly and fun til the very last drop. Tip: Sign up for their Kimpton Loyalty program for free wi-fi. I highly recommend this as a hotel option and look forward in returning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Amanda P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
"Friendly and fun till the last drop!" might just be our new motto. We love it when our guests play around the hotel--and it's a great way to get a little Kimpton Karma!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
Yelm, Washington
Reviewed 23 July 2014

A great overnight stay for a night at the theatre. Located just a block from the Fifth Ave Theatre its the perfect place to stay while in Seattle. Staff was very courteous and helpful. Room was nice as well. I'd defintiely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
We couldn't ask for a better neighbor than 5th Avenue Theatre! Dinner at Tulio, a show, and a flawless night's sleep? Now that's a staycation!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 July 2014

From the minute I arrived, valet staff was all over it. Front desk was cheerful and made me feel like I was family, even upgrading my room...just because! The room was spacious, newly renovated, and well appointed, as I've come to expect from Kimpton Hotels. The bed and linens were comfortable, and I really appreciate the choose to conserve program. Every member of the staff I encountered, could not have been nicer or more willing to help out. Lastly, the wine hour is one of my favorite Kimpton rituals. Hotel Vintage is my new favorite, and I can't wait to return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Thank you, Kirk! Wine hour is our favorite time of the day, too : ) You can always check out our events calendar on the website to see what incredible Washington wineries will be here during your stay.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I recently spent three nights at the Hotel Vintage. My husband was in town for a job interview, and I decided to tag along for fun. We stayed in a King Premier room on the fourth floor. The room was lovely and well appointed. Usually I like to stay as high up as possible to avoid any noise from the road but this room was still very quiet. The front desk agents were very helpful, they even sent us a nice treat to celebrate our visit. We had rented a car so ended up using the valet service to park. The valet attendants were always very helpful with directions or whatever we needed. By giving them a 10-15 minute heads up we never waited for the car to be brought up.

Our room service breakfast was timely and delicious, (the food is provided by the excellent restaurant Tulio's which is on property.) I wish now we had been able to go to dinner at Tulio's because the menu looked wonderful.

One of my favorite things about the visit was borrowing the hotel's bicycles and helmets to take a ride down to the wharf. The bikes were all set with lights and locks so we could secure them while we went to dinner. The downtown area is very friendly for cyclist and we really enjoyed cruising around.

There were a few things that I didn't love--the air conditioner had a hard time keeping up with the super hot temperatures during our stay. For most of the year this probably would not be a problem but it just never seemed to get as cool as I would have liked. The other problem was our room did not have an exhaust fan in the bathroom so any steam from the shower would set off the smoke alarm (which was on the same wall as the bathroom door. Kind of quirky and not a big deal but I felt bad that we probably disturbed out neighbors with the alarm. All in all it was the perfect place for our visit. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Higher floors will have less road noise, but our room on the fourth floor was still very quiet.
Green Features: We loved having a recycling bin in the room, and the option to forgo maid service for a credit.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Amanda P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
I love that you made the most of the amenities here at the Hotel Vintage! From our recently revamped fitness center to Tulio's sweet potato gnocchi delivered right to your door, there is more reason that ever to spend your time in Seattle here with us. And thank you for pointing out the "quirks"--our handy engineering team has already resolved those issues so your next visit can be flawless : )
Tacoma, Washington, USA
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great New Years Eve stay. Large, clean rooms. A little bit of New York or Europe in Seattle.
Staff was friendly and helpful. Location is great for exploring the city. Noise level seemed fine. Even on New Years! Parking was pricey.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Sounds like you might need another trip to the Vintage--we've made a lot of exciting changes since your last stay! Come check out the same incredible staff, luxury products, and superb wine with a whole new decor. Cheers!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Arrived around 9pm beautiful hotel great receptionist, put in room 211 which on the face of it fantastic despite the rowdy dinner in the restaurant (which is on the same floor) but in the room noise was ok until they started to wallpaper the adjacent room (at 10pm at night) nobody in the hotel could seem to work out why they were doing this nor fix the problem. No manager on site so poor Desiree on reception was unable to help resolve it. I am impressed with the renovations but not with this service, the final major concern was the fact the contractors had propped open the fire escape onto the street so anybody could walk into the hotel - total lack of security. Still waiting for the GM....

Room Tip: Do not stay on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Nomadicljf
As we talked about when I reached out during your stay following this incident, guest safety is our top priority. I am so sorry that your experience caused concern, but I assure you again that all entrances to the hotel were secured by staff members continuously throughout the evening. This was a rogue incident that does not reflect the level of commitment our team has to providing a luxury stay, and we are reviewing our internal and vendor communications to ensure it remains an anomaly. I invite you back to see what keeps our guests returning again and again to the Vintage--please feel free to respond to the email I initially sent following up on your stay to coordinate a return visit.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for just two nights on our way through Seattle and the Vintage hotel was great. The room was clean, spacious, comfortable and stylish. The staff were friendly and helpful. It's well located as well for exploring Seattle, so all in all an excellent place to stay! Highly recommended.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to explore Seattle with us! All members of the team have their own city favorites, so come chat with us and we'll make sure your visit is a unique adventure each and every time.