US$290
US$217
US$380
US$351
1,907 results
All reviewswine hourtulio restaurantwashington wineswine receptioncomplimentary wine tastingsmall lobbyevery eveningmini barpike place marketfront desk staffvalet servicehotel restaurantcorner roomvalet parkingking roomhappy hourloved this hotel
Reviewed 17 November 2017

We have stayed here 4 or 5 times over the last several years and have always had great friendly service and comfortable rooms. The renovation has made it even better. It's easy to get on/off the freeway, the valet area is undercover (great for those rainy Seattle months) and the location is perfect for walking all over downtown. The restaurant, Tulios, in the same building is also outstanding!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
HJL1979, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Hello Kris R,

Thank you for your loyalty to Hotel Vintage! I'm thrilled that we are a perfect fit for your needs. I appreciate you for taking the time to share this lovely feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Disappointing, especially for a Kimpton. They should seriously consider dropping this property from the chain. I must of stayed at Kimptons over 150 times in the last 5 years and this is by far the absolute worst one. A few issues:
- Staff is not welcoming, warm or helpful
- Takes a long time to get your car from the valet parking (even if you call them 20 minutes in advance)
- Coffee hours are a little ridiculous during the week
- They won’t clean your room while your pet, even a 8lb dog, is in the room. They don’t even notify you when you check in as this is a bit of a unique policy for this particular property. First time I hear about this from a “dog-friendly hotel”
- Horrible soundproofing in the room
- Room temperature is either the Arctic circle or the Sahara Desert
- Rooms are very small, a bit on the older side.
- 1 USB plug for the entire room, no other electric outlets near the bed unless you forgo the lamp
- Wifi is spotty, generally slow
- Poor lighting overall
- Housekeeping will only put out 2 sets of towels, you need to call every single day if you want extras - even if you ask them to leave 3 sets.

I’m also pissed off because we made reservations under my company’s rate - a large multinational organization which sends them a ton of business, we also put in the notes that we’re celebrating a special occasion and applied an upgrade certificate from the frequent traveller program (Karma) which means we stay in this chain quite a bit and when we checked-in, we were assigned the smallest room in the category. I had to argue with the front desk manager to get a slightly large room. Also, other Kimptons have showered us with a small token of appreciation, whether in the form of a hand-written card or bottle of wine. They’ve sent absolutely nothing up to the room to make things right or just point out that we were celebrating. A big miss on their end.

There you have it, you’ve been warned. Consider staying in the other fine Kimpton properties next time you’re in Seattle.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WldTrvlrmtl
HJL1979, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Hello WldTrvlrmtl,

I'm terribly sorry that you were so disappointed with your stay. I received the voicemail you left me while you were onsite, called you back and left a voicemail, but I did not hear back from you. I was hoping to explain our policy regarding housekeeping service for guests with pets. Upon check-in you signed our pet policy that boldly notes that we will not clean a guest room if a pet is left unattended. This policy is in place for the safety of our guests pets and our room attendants. We are always willing to clean rooms if the guest is present or the pet is removed. We received your upgrade request, but were unable to honor it because the hotel was fully committed three of the five nights of your reservation and all upgraded room types were reserved by other guests. However, when you expressed your frustration, our front desk supervisor upgraded you to a King Premier room by downgrading another reservation. I apologize that the special occasion wasn't recognized. I checked the reservation and we did not have any notes that you were celebrating a special occasion. I'm so sorry if you mentioned it to a team member and they failed to follow-up. If you are willing, please contact me at the hotel to discuss the details of your experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Good things do come in small packages. This is a very quiet boutique hotel with very comfortable rooms subtlety decorated.
This is a pet friendly hotel, so along with helpful friendly staff you may find the odd dog helping on reception.
Couldn’t fault the location with majority of places within short walking distance and others reachable after short walk to local tram stations. Although as with the nature of Seattle the walk down to the waterfront will involve a more vertical hike back up the hill.
There is a complimentary evening drinks event to let you sample local wines which is always a welcome addition. Followed by complimentary coffee/tea to get you moving in the morning.
If arriving by car note that all parking is valet adjoined to hotel. Once tax is added, it is slightly higher than some of the surrounding hotels. Public parking is available opposite but not sure this offers in/out privileges. Location of hotel for parking though is excellent with a simple off ramp left and left to arrive and a simple left, right to go.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Rob H

Hello Rob H,

I love your comment "Good things come in small packages." Within the Seattle Kimpton family, we refer to the Vintage as the little jewel box in the city! I really appreciate this terrific feedback and I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay. A tip to get back up to 5th Avenue from the waterfront - instead of struggling up Spring or Seneca Streets, walk a few blocks north to Pike Street, hang a right and head towards 5th Avenue back to us. Pike is far more flat than Spring or Seneca. It just adds a couple minutes to the walk. Parking downtown is indeed pricey. We have an option for discounted prepaid parking when booking on our website. It discounts the fee to $30 +tax per night. The option pops up at the end of the booking process. Thank you again for this fantastic feedback. We hope to have you as our guest again!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Erica, Cheryl and Kayleigh (not sure I spelled that right, I'm sorry) at the front desk are some of the best hospitality professionals around. Thank you for being so gracious, helping me fix my reservation and get on with my stay.

It was one of those days. The computers were being serviced, I was a bit too early to check in, and the discount hotel website I had used botched my reservation completely. None of that mattered - the front desk staff was friendly, accommodating and couldn't have been more hospitable. They worked to fix the reservation, told me not to worry (and meant it), gave me a super snazzy room and made sure I knew exactly when the social hour started because a glass wine would be just the thing to fix the day.

I was one week into a two week work trip. I'm pretty tired and prone to being crabby, but the kindness and professionalism of the front desk staff saved my mood today. Thank you. This will make me a lifelong Kimpton fan.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Hello Sarah C,

Thanks so much for this outstanding feedback! I'm thrilled that Erica, Cheryl and Kaylee helped save what could have been a really crumby day. I am so honored to work with these ladies. They are such an asset to Hotel Vintage! I just sent your kind comments to them and the rest of the team. I assure you they will be rewarded. Thank you for taking the time out of your hectic day to post this fantastic review. We hope to see you again sometime!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We recently traveled to Seattle for a five day getaway. We selected the Vintage so that we would be downtown. As soon as we arrived, the valet group and Kevin at the front desk made us feel at home. The entire staff was super nice and very helpful on directions and suggestions on food and sight seeing. We stayed in a king premier on an upper floor. The room was very warm and comfortable. The only problem that we encountered was very poor cell phone service. On one night, we had trouble catching an uber due to the poor cell service. Luckily, a young lady in the valet service ran down a cab for us so that we were not late on our reservation. We appreciated being so close and walk-able distance to all the attractions downtown. We also enjoyed the social hour. We wish the lobby hour was a little larger to allow more guests at social time. Overall, fantastic place to stay! Thanks to the entire staff for their kindness and great service!

Room Tip: Suggest asking for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello Sam N,

Thank you for this lovely review! I'm so happy that you had such a great time with us. I appreciate you mentioning the friendliness of our valet team and Kevin at the front desk. I am so proud to have such a fantastic group of people representing the hotel! I will share your kind comments with the team. I'm sorry that you were inconvenienced by poor cell phone service. I'm relieved that our valet attendant secured a cab for you and you made your reservation in time. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I hope you'll be back next time you travel to Seattle!