“Great downtown Seattle Boutique Hotel!”

Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle
Ranked #13 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Portland, Oregon
“Great downtown Seattle Boutique Hotel!”
Reviewed 25 February 2010

Great stay. I surprised my wife with a birthday trip to Seattle. The first hotel I checked out was the Hotel Monaco. We stayed at the Hotel Monaco in Portland for our wedding this past October and we really liked the hotel and staff. However, after finding the prices in Seattle a bit high, I came across the Hotel Vintage Park, owned by the same parent company as the Monaco, Kimpton Hotels. I found the Vintage Parks' “Specials and Packages” page on their website and listed there was their “Ride the Rails” package which was perfect since I had planned a train trip from Portland. Due to the special occasion I reserved the King Premier room for the two nights. Shortly after I received my email confirmation I received another email with an offer, an eStandby Request for a Corner King Premier room for just nine dollars more per night. I signed up for the eStandby and the day of our trip I confirmed we would have the corner room. What a great deal it was. The room was beautiful and the views of the surrounding area were great.

Some things worth mentioning:

They have a daily evening wine tasting event from 5:00 – 6:00. If you arrive after 6:00 you can receive coupons for the wine served that day that are good in the restaurant. We took advantage of that and had the wine with dinner.

The restaurant, Tulio, is a nice, smaller restaurant in the hotel. They have good food, and it was nice having it just downstairs.

Check out TripAdvisor for the many good restaurants nearby the hotel. Most will require a reservation on popular evenings.

The hotel has wireless access that requires an account or payment. The staff member we spoke with failed to tell us that the wireless is free if you sign up with your email to become a Kimpton InTouch member.

Pike Place Market is an easy eight block walk from the hotel. On Saturday morning we took a great Savor Seattle Food Tour of the Market. (http://www.savorseattletours.com)

The 5th Avenue Theater is just two blocks from the hotel. It is a great restored theater with a beautiful marquee out front. The sound in the theater is good even in the cheap upper balcony seats but it's hard to see the actor’s faces. It made for a nice evening out with a short walk home.

Being a downtown hotel, earplugs may help some have a better night's sleep.

We found the hotel staff to be very friendly and helpful.

The hotel has a noon check out. We extended it to 1:00 with no problem which allowed us to leave from the hotel directly to the train station. If you do extend you checkout, you will need to have your room card updated to get back into the room after noon.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, 4 March 2010
Dear Rockapellahead:

First of all thank you for choosing the Hotel Vintage Park to stay during your recent trip to Seattle, secondly for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor. As you know this is a highly trafficed site whenever people are seeking information while making their travel decision. Your kind words and overview of your experience is truly appreciated by our entire staff, as we are truly dedicated to delivering an exceptional experience for our guests.

Our best to you on your travels and we hope to see you back with us again soon!

Hotel Vintage Park

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
london
Reviewed 15 February 2010

My girlfriend and I had a very enjoyable and luxurious experience at the Hotel Vintage Park, Seattle. We stayed there for 5 nights in total and I was so glad that I choose this hotel rather than staying at the Sheraton or Hywatt.

Location wise, everything is walking distance and is so near to the local attractions. Walking to pike street literally took 5 minutes and had great transportation links. We came in from Sea-tac and took the light rail to university street. It only cost $2.50 compared to a 50 dollar taxi journey which is better value. There is a slight up hill walk but nothing worth worrying about from the station.

The hotel itself has character and doesn't look like your normal corporate hotel. The colours are warm and inviting. We were greeted by smiley John who welcomed us and immediately said that we were upgraded to a king room which was a sweet gesture. After flying over 18 hours from London, there is nothing better than having such a big sized room as a base and a place to relax. We stayed on the 11th floor in the corner,very quiet and super clean.

The room itself has the usuals, massive bed (much bigger than your standard european bed), big flatscreen telly,couches,arm chairs and a study table. Bathroom was a standard size, clean and at a suitable standard. As it was a corner room, the views were nice, we could see Mt Rainer in the distance and also the cool library which is a unique building. The hotel comes with free wifi for those who need internet, you will need to sign up but its free! Plus many Seattle coffee shops have many free wifi so if you are on the move its helpful. I used googlemaps to find where bus stops were and what buses to take to get. They have a turn down service during the day which is a nice touch, the person cleaning our room did a great job and always put chocolates on our pillows.

There are a lot of nice restaurants about and so much choice. I found Seattle to be very relaxing and over the time while we were there, it rained only once and was sunny. The weather itself wasn't even that cold, London in January/February was colder than Seattle this year.

On a side note, the hotel give free newspapers, doormen that open doors for you,coffee in the morning and there is parking free. I sent a package to the hotel and arrived in good time, if you are thinking of doing that, it takes about a week, so plan early.

Thanks Hotel Vintage Park for providing a great service and romantic experience to my girlfriend and I. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend anyone that stays in Seattle to stay here.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank jodders
Washington State
Reviewed 3 February 2010

We recently stayed at the Hotel Vintage Park with our 4-year-old and 6-year-old. We requested the kids' welcome pack and our children were thrilled with the coloring books, crayons, party hats, jelly bellies and balloons. When the staff found out it was our 4-year-old's birthday, they delivered complimentary room service cookies, milk and fruit. In addition, the staff had signed a birthday card. It was so touching and very personal. We've always loved staying at the Vintage Park in the past, and it continues to impress us. It is a cozy, warm, lovely property,and the staff are so courteous and helpful.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank WA306
Portland
Reviewed 3 February 2010

Great hotel, but if you buy a room from them on priceline be prepared to get the worst room available. We were give a room with a view of the parking lot, next to the elevator and it was made for disabled patrons. The shower came up to about eye level and I'm 5'8", my fiance had to bend down to shower. We requested a King room and they said they were out. The staff was very friendly and the wine tasting was also great. Cute little hotel but I would never pay full price for that room.

1 Thank croskey73
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, 16 February 2010
I would like to extend a sincere thank you to our traveling neighbor from Portland, for taking the time to comment on the service and our hotel facility. I am always grateful to have the opportunity to respond to reviews, especially on Trip Advisor, because many people do make their travel decisions based upon travel review sights such as this.

Our hotel is 124 rooms, "boutique" indeed. We have up to 13 rooms per floor and we run 80 % Occupancy annually, which means that we truly are sold out, most evenings. Being in a historic building we do have a quaint ambiance and some facility some considerations.

Many of our travelers do not realize that all hotels, ours included have up to 10 % of the room inventory "accessibly enhanced" for travelers. That is mandated by the government. When we are full - those rooms also must be occupied.

We do what we can to accommodate all of our guests requests.

It does clearly state on all opaque e-channels (Priceline / Hotwire) that room types are not guaranteed, that is why the inventory is available at amazing discounts from our hotel and our industry.

Our team here at the Hotel Vintage Park is pleased to extend our hospitality to all of our guests. Please call me at the hotel personally, as I would love the opportunity to speak with you about your experience.

Hotel Vintage Park
Delightful Luton
Reviewed 23 January 2010

My husband and I travelled to Seattle and stayed here for 5 nights. We were given a complimentary upgrade and placed in a very large room on the top floor which had a sofa and coffee table and a huge bed. Very good blackout curtains which helped with noise and light, even tho generally speaking you couldn't here much traffic outside.
The staff were always friendly and helpful. We both felt the decor was only a touch outdated but nothing to stop us stayin there again. The hotel is pet friendly too but our room was very clean.
There was no breakfast served (which I have learnt is something of the norm at US hotels) and no small coffee machine in the room. So if you felt like morning coffee you had to go downstairs to pick up a morning drink which was a bit of a pain in the backside.
The bathroom was a nice size and had bath and shower. The shower was ok, not fantastic.
Internet was only free if you joined with the Kimpton hotel loyalty scheme (which is free) but if you don't you had to pay per day or 24 hours. The business centre was small. Just one apple pc and a printer and was not free to use. I believe it was $5.95 per 15 minutes but I may be wrong. They had a gym as well which was small. Treadmill, stepping machine and another machine and some weights. Up-to-date equipment.
All in all the hotel was nice and we paid a good price and got a huge room and free internet after joining up to the loyalty scheme.
I would recommend this to others and if we go back to Seattle wouldn't mind staying there again.

1 Thank LoveABargain94
Everett, WA
Reviewed 21 January 2010

Kimpton Hotels are always funky and fun, but Hotel Vintage Park is a bit more grown up and elegant. We are local and wanted a quick get away, so the actual hotel didn't matter. We got a great price on priceline. The hotel has a wine theme and each room is named after a Washington winery. Nice touch. The room was nicely decorated but small. Our view was a painted wall, facing the back of the building. While the view was nothing, it was quiet. The bed was too soft, but nice linens. The bathroom vanity and shower tub were too small. Everytime someone turned on the water or shut their door, we heard the noise. Overall, it was fine, but not outstanding.

1 Thank lattegirl
puget sound
Reviewed 20 January 2010

I should start with a disclaimer. I booked this room on Priceline for $66--with that price I shouldn't complain at all. That being said, there were a few things about this hotel that didn't stack up to my expectations, especially compared with my stays at Hotel Monacos (both in Seattle and elsewhere). The first room we were given (on what I assume was not that busy a night given that they were giving rooms away for $66) was the handicap accessible room right next to the elevator. One of my favorite things about hotels is take a long hot shower with a quality showerhead, and the accessible room has one of those floppy heads.

While I'm not usually one to request a new room, I did just that, and the front desk happily obliged. The new room was smaller (not an issue for me) and well appointed. However, it smelled of cleaning products...bad. They must have just cleaned the carpet or something. We left the window open for about an hour, and it didn't do much. We eventually got used to it, but still... Given that I had already requested one move, I didn't want to do it again.

My only other issue with the room was that the bathrobes (again, I enjoy my hotel bathing experiences) were very old and worn. The leopard print was faded and the cloth rough.

One other note, this is not the hotel to go to for views. As far as I can tell it is pretty boxed in, and you are likely to get views of walls, parking garages, and next door buildings.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, 28 January 2010
Thank you first of all for taking the time to share your opinion of your experience in our hotel. The BEST part of being a KIMPTON Hotel is that every hotel is unique and "Tells its' own story". Ours is about the Washington Wineries. Our rooms are dedicated to individual Wineries and Vineyards. The Hotel Vintage Park was the Second Kimpton Hotel in Seattle to open, and was actually opened by Bill Kimpton. It is in a historic building, so we worked with building parameters to create a warm and intimate environment for our guests to enjoy.

If you wish to discuss your experience one on one, I do welcome that opportunity. I see that you're from our area. Please email or ask for me at the Hotel, because we TRULY care about extending an exceptional experience to each and every guest. Again, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

sandy.burkett@vintagepark.com