“Two thumbs up”

GreenLeadersGold level
Glendale, CA
“Two thumbs up”
Reviewed 11 March 2010

Headed up to Seattle to go to Woodinville wine country, so it was great that Priceline gave us a hotel whose decor and activities revolve around Washington wines. Each room is named after a Washington winery, and one of the hotel's TV channels broadcasts a WA wine country documentary 24/7. Cool stuff. Service is VERY friendly, and the small-ish lobby is like going back in time a century or so. And although we didn't take advantage, a different winery does a tasting in the lobby for guests every afternoon. Location was terrific (7 short blocks from Pike Place Market, and a similar distance to Westlake Center, gateway to the Seattle Center monorail). The rooms were clean, comfortable, and nicely decorated. Two negatives keep it from being a 5-star on TripAdvisor for me. First, our 2nd floor room was at street level (Downtown Seattle is very hilly). Street noise was minimal to nonexistent, but more of a view would have been nice. One of the hazards of Priceline, I suppose. Second, overnight parking was $30. Steep. That said, I can definitely recommend the hotel and would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, 18 March 2010
To "DrewM (Glendale, CA)" :
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about your experience as our guest, on Trip Advisor for other potential travelers to see. Your review captures the reality of a typical guest experience here at our hotel. We appreciate the attention to detail that you shared about your stay for others to see.

I realize parking is HIGH in down town Seattle; I agree with you. Our neighboring hotels all charge between $29 and $38 for valet parking in the city; and it is as high as $25 to "self park" at other hotels, where that is available. Throughout the city up to $12 / per hour $28 per day for business parking and highly trafficed tourist locations like the Pike Place Market.

Because of our structure and garage elevators, we must employee valet parking for all of our guest cars. SeaTac International Airport just finished phase one of our Light Rail system. We look forward to our guests utilizing Light Rail more often in the future. We are only 2 blocks from the Metro Tunnel stop here in the city, which is located on Third Avenue and Senaca.

I do look forward to seeing you here at the Hotel Vintage Park again the next time you are traveling to Seattle. Please let me know in advance, when you are making your reservations. Again your feedback was truly appreciated. PS It's 60 degrees and sunny in Seattle today, beautiful!

Sandy Burkett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
Treasure Island, Florida
Reviewed 9 March 2010

Great location for walking the downtown area of the city. Its close to Pike Place and many food and drink places.The rooms can get pricey and always work them for an upgrade.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 5 March 2010

We stayed at this hotel two night on our travels to Seattle to watch a Seahawks game. Loved this charming hotel. The room was great, spacious and comfortable. We were able to catch the wine reception after the football game which is great feature. One unfortunate event on our second morning was that our shower broke and we had to wait for maintenance to fix it before starting the day. We were offered $10 off our meal charges in compensation, but it put us an hour behind, so I thought they could have offered a little more. But all in all it was a great place to stay in Seattle.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, 8 March 2010
Dear Cool-son;
Thank you first of all for choosing to stay with us at the Hotel Vintage Park; secondly for posting your review for others to see your experience here at our hotel. I read your comments about the shower, and your compensation, I would like to apologize that the inconvenience delayed your plans for the day. Secondly if you would be so kind as to call the hotel, we can discuss the compensation you were offered. Thank you again for choosing the Hotel Vintage Park.
We look forward to seeing you again, the next time you return to Seattle!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 25 February 2010

Great stay. I surprised my wife with a birthday trip to Seattle. The first hotel I checked out was the Hotel Monaco. We stayed at the Hotel Monaco in Portland for our wedding this past October and we really liked the hotel and staff. However, after finding the prices in Seattle a bit high, I came across the Hotel Vintage Park, owned by the same parent company as the Monaco, Kimpton Hotels. I found the Vintage Parks' “Specials and Packages” page on their website and listed there was their “Ride the Rails” package which was perfect since I had planned a train trip from Portland. Due to the special occasion I reserved the King Premier room for the two nights. Shortly after I received my email confirmation I received another email with an offer, an eStandby Request for a Corner King Premier room for just nine dollars more per night. I signed up for the eStandby and the day of our trip I confirmed we would have the corner room. What a great deal it was. The room was beautiful and the views of the surrounding area were great.

Some things worth mentioning:

They have a daily evening wine tasting event from 5:00 – 6:00. If you arrive after 6:00 you can receive coupons for the wine served that day that are good in the restaurant. We took advantage of that and had the wine with dinner.

The restaurant, Tulio, is a nice, smaller restaurant in the hotel. They have good food, and it was nice having it just downstairs.

Check out TripAdvisor for the many good restaurants nearby the hotel. Most will require a reservation on popular evenings.

The hotel has wireless access that requires an account or payment. The staff member we spoke with failed to tell us that the wireless is free if you sign up with your email to become a Kimpton InTouch member.

Pike Place Market is an easy eight block walk from the hotel. On Saturday morning we took a great Savor Seattle Food Tour of the Market. (http://www.savorseattletours.com)

The 5th Avenue Theater is just two blocks from the hotel. It is a great restored theater with a beautiful marquee out front. The sound in the theater is good even in the cheap upper balcony seats but it's hard to see the actor’s faces. It made for a nice evening out with a short walk home.

Being a downtown hotel, earplugs may help some have a better night's sleep.

We found the hotel staff to be very friendly and helpful.

The hotel has a noon check out. We extended it to 1:00 with no problem which allowed us to leave from the hotel directly to the train station. If you do extend you checkout, you will need to have your room card updated to get back into the room after noon.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, 4 March 2010
Dear Rockapellahead:

First of all thank you for choosing the Hotel Vintage Park to stay during your recent trip to Seattle, secondly for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor. As you know this is a highly trafficed site whenever people are seeking information while making their travel decision. Your kind words and overview of your experience is truly appreciated by our entire staff, as we are truly dedicated to delivering an exceptional experience for our guests.

Our best to you on your travels and we hope to see you back with us again soon!

Hotel Vintage Park
london
Reviewed 15 February 2010

My girlfriend and I had a very enjoyable and luxurious experience at the Hotel Vintage Park, Seattle. We stayed there for 5 nights in total and I was so glad that I choose this hotel rather than staying at the Sheraton or Hywatt.

Location wise, everything is walking distance and is so near to the local attractions. Walking to pike street literally took 5 minutes and had great transportation links. We came in from Sea-tac and took the light rail to university street. It only cost $2.50 compared to a 50 dollar taxi journey which is better value. There is a slight up hill walk but nothing worth worrying about from the station.

The hotel itself has character and doesn't look like your normal corporate hotel. The colours are warm and inviting. We were greeted by smiley John who welcomed us and immediately said that we were upgraded to a king room which was a sweet gesture. After flying over 18 hours from London, there is nothing better than having such a big sized room as a base and a place to relax. We stayed on the 11th floor in the corner,very quiet and super clean.

The room itself has the usuals, massive bed (much bigger than your standard european bed), big flatscreen telly,couches,arm chairs and a study table. Bathroom was a standard size, clean and at a suitable standard. As it was a corner room, the views were nice, we could see Mt Rainer in the distance and also the cool library which is a unique building. The hotel comes with free wifi for those who need internet, you will need to sign up but its free! Plus many Seattle coffee shops have many free wifi so if you are on the move its helpful. I used googlemaps to find where bus stops were and what buses to take to get. They have a turn down service during the day which is a nice touch, the person cleaning our room did a great job and always put chocolates on our pillows.

There are a lot of nice restaurants about and so much choice. I found Seattle to be very relaxing and over the time while we were there, it rained only once and was sunny. The weather itself wasn't even that cold, London in January/February was colder than Seattle this year.

On a side note, the hotel give free newspapers, doormen that open doors for you,coffee in the morning and there is parking free. I sent a package to the hotel and arrived in good time, if you are thinking of doing that, it takes about a week, so plan early.

Thanks Hotel Vintage Park for providing a great service and romantic experience to my girlfriend and I. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend anyone that stays in Seattle to stay here.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank jodders
Washington State
Reviewed 3 February 2010

We recently stayed at the Hotel Vintage Park with our 4-year-old and 6-year-old. We requested the kids' welcome pack and our children were thrilled with the coloring books, crayons, party hats, jelly bellies and balloons. When the staff found out it was our 4-year-old's birthday, they delivered complimentary room service cookies, milk and fruit. In addition, the staff had signed a birthday card. It was so touching and very personal. We've always loved staying at the Vintage Park in the past, and it continues to impress us. It is a cozy, warm, lovely property,and the staff are so courteous and helpful.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank WA306
Portland
Reviewed 3 February 2010

Great hotel, but if you buy a room from them on priceline be prepared to get the worst room available. We were give a room with a view of the parking lot, next to the elevator and it was made for disabled patrons. The shower came up to about eye level and I'm 5'8", my fiance had to bend down to shower. We requested a King room and they said they were out. The staff was very friendly and the wine tasting was also great. Cute little hotel but I would never pay full price for that room.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank croskey73
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, 16 February 2010
I would like to extend a sincere thank you to our traveling neighbor from Portland, for taking the time to comment on the service and our hotel facility. I am always grateful to have the opportunity to respond to reviews, especially on Trip Advisor, because many people do make their travel decisions based upon travel review sights such as this.

Our hotel is 124 rooms, "boutique" indeed. We have up to 13 rooms per floor and we run 80 % Occupancy annually, which means that we truly are sold out, most evenings. Being in a historic building we do have a quaint ambiance and some facility some considerations.

Many of our travelers do not realize that all hotels, ours included have up to 10 % of the room inventory "accessibly enhanced" for travelers. That is mandated by the government. When we are full - those rooms also must be occupied.

We do what we can to accommodate all of our guests requests.

It does clearly state on all opaque e-channels (Priceline / Hotwire) that room types are not guaranteed, that is why the inventory is available at amazing discounts from our hotel and our industry.

Our team here at the Hotel Vintage Park is pleased to extend our hospitality to all of our guests. Please call me at the hotel personally, as I would love the opportunity to speak with you about your experience.

Hotel Vintage Park