Hotel Max
US$287
US$273
  • Fitness centre
2,440 results
All reviewsfree beercraft beerhappy hourrecord playermiller's guildgreat locationrooms are smallhonor barfun hotelhip hotelcool vibeevery eveningattached restaurantwithin walking distanceenjoyed my stayspace needlebusiness trip
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Hotels are expensive in Seattle (not to say Parking - OMG) So do not expect much for your money. This is a small boutique hotel (literally). Rooms are small but adequate. Good if you just want a place to hang while you do the rest of the city. Don't hold your breath. It is not the W although it tries to be.

Room Tip: try a higher floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kevin S, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Hey there FriedRiceP,
Thanks for sharing your recent Max experience with us! I'm sorry to hear that we didn't make it more memorable. We know that our room layouts are unique but we think it makes us just that and we pride ourselves on providing our guests with a great value especially when traveling to the city of Seattle. Please know that we aren't trying to be the W. We just want to be the Max and focus on providing our guests with a truly local experience. From the music to the art, from the food to the beer, we want our guests to know that they are in Seattle.
Again, thanks for staying with us and hope that we get an opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Even with new art, still old and outdated, noisy, uncomfortable, overpriced and full charges not disclosed. Seems like they are trying to be hip and market to younger generations, yet for the prices there are many better hotels in the downtown area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Hello there Caroline L.,
Thanks so much for choosing Hotel Max and for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I'm truly sorry to we missed the bar with your experience. While we've done a lot of great work over the past couple of months we still have some way to go. We are expecting a lobby refresh in the next few months. I'm sorry that you felt that we didn't disclose certain charges. Please feel free to email me and I will be happy to review with my team. Again, I'm sorry to hear that we didn't win you over with all of the unique aspects and amenities of our hotel.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for business rather than the Westin which was much more expensive. The rooms are small but functional and the wall art gives character. The staff were friendly and the 5:30 free craft beer in the lobby was a nice touch. Would stay here again for certain.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sypai68
Kevin S, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Hey there sypai68!
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay and truly appreciate you staying with us. In today's market we know how many options travelers have so it means to world to us to have you stay with us. Furthermore, thanks for compliments about our amazing team and our complimentary beer hour. They'll be so happy to hear this feedback.
We cannot wait to have you back!

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night to visit family who live in Seattle. The positives include the price point and location which is walking distance to the city center. The negatives are small rooms, small bathrooms and dark shower stalls, noisy traffic / hvac unit in room and high parking prices $33/day.

There are better options in the city, next time I'll do more research before I book in Seattle.

Stayed: April 2014
Kevin S, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Hey SFLadies,
Thanks so much for choosing the Max and for taking the time to let others know about your experience. I'm thrilled to hear that you loved our location and price point. We try to provide a great value to our guests. On the other hand, I'm sorry to hear your comments about the room. We rather enjoy our rooms and the quirkiness that comes with staying in a hotel that was built in the 1920's. We've got a lot of different room layouts to pick from so please don't hesitate to let us know that you would like to sneak a peak. Ultimately, we want you to be comfortable and have a truly Seattle experience.
Again, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I decided to take a last minute trip to the US for "Black Friday" shopping. We didn't intend to shop as much as just get away. I used Hotwire to book my trip & when I first booked I ended up with a hotel they claim is downtown only to find it's a 10 minute bus ride downtown. That was not what I wanted. I called Hotwire and they helped me change my hotel. They picked Hotel Max. All I cared about was that it was truly downtown. At that point I didn't care what the hotel was. And honestly, not sure I’ll use hotwire again.
Well, what a pleasant surprise. This was the cutest little hotel ever. And the customer service was amazing!! Firstly not being prepared that many many places shut down for Thanksgiving in the US we discovered not many places were open for dinner. So the girl at the front desk called around & found us a last minute table. After dinner we wanted to get some drinks to bring back only to also realize no liquor stores are open. When we came back & she asked how dinner was & we told her about nothing being opened she gave us a complimentary bottle of wine to tide us over. We loved that there was parking directly across from the hotel, which is very convenient & then you don't have to pay for valet parking.
I'd have to say for me, the only reason I'm giving it a 4 star has nothing to do with the service. It's only the size of the rooms. The rooms are very smartly done up & they are very stylish, but they are pretty tiny. We laughed when we saw the bathroom. BUT... as I said, they did an amazing job decorating them which makes up for the size! As we ended up shopping afterall, with us & all our purchases the room got very small very quickly. For myself I just prefer something with a little more elbow room so to speak. The shower stall was so small my elbows hit the sides of the wall while trying to wash my hair. It was a great stay for 2 days & would stay again for sure; especially for a short trip. Don't let the room size stop you when looking for a central place that's very nicely done. I guess I'm just picky.
The only other issue was on my credit card statement I had a $15 charge that I wasn't told about. I didn't realize I was going to be charged for anything & they never sent an email explaining what it was for. My guess was they charged me for my "complimentary" bottle of wine? I could have called to find out, but really, it was only $15 and for the great service I got I didn't think it was necessary. I can't say enough about this place. It really is great. If room size isn't an issue I'd recommend this place 100%!! Stay there!! :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ambie79

Hello there Ambie79,
Wow! Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to provide such a detailed review. While I'm sorry to read about your Hotwire experience I'm very happy to hear that we got the chance to have you stay and experience our property.
We are thrilled to hear that you loved our team, our design and the service you received. We really strive to ensure that each and every guest receives a personalized and unique Seattle experience.
In regards of your extra charge please feel free to email me as I truly don't believe we would charge you for the wine as it came from the Front Desk and was a gift.
Finally, thanks again and we hope to see you in November. Don't hesitate to email me prior to your stay and I'll be happy to help in making sure you receive one of larger rooms.