2,493 results
All reviewsfree beercraft beerhappy hourrecord playermiller's guildgreat locationrooms are smallhonor barfun hotelhip hotelcool vibeevery eveningattached restaurantwithin walking distanceenjoyed my stayspace needlebusiness trip
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I had stayed at this property years ago when it was the Hotel Vance. It has certainly changed tremendously since then.

Fully modernized, the only interior aspect not changed is the lobby ceiling.

I stayed on the Sub Pop floor, which was decorated with various scenes of Seattle and Northwest music icons and moments, which I thought was a terrific homage. The art in my room and the turntable made my stay that much more special.

What I wasn't expecting was a view of the Space Needle. I suppose it will vanish once Amazon's headquarters is completed down the street, but ask for a western-most north-facing room to check out this view.

The staff was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. I appreciate this incredibly. Even when I thought I'd check out the restaurant and was dismayed by the prices (entrees start at 43 bucks), the waitress was kind enough to let me know it's okay if I chose somewhere else to eat.

As for location, this cannot get any better. Hotel Max is very close to Westlake Center, Pike Place Market and Capitol Hill.

The hotel was able to store my bags after checkout and this was done efficiently and professionally. Again, the same level of great service I appreciate.

Room Tip: Western-most rooms facing north have view of Space Needle. For now.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CalgaryWolf
Kevin S, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hello there wcub!
Thanks so much for returning and for sharing your comments and feedback with TripAdvisor. We love hearing from guests who have stayed with us when were the Vance. As you mentioned a lot of changes have happened since then with many more to com.
We loved hearing about how much you loved our Sub Pop floor and your surprise view of the Space Needle. We too feel like the view will disappear once Amazon's HQ are completed. For the time being though we are enjoying every clear day.
Again, thanks so much for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. We were given a free room upgrade and a late checkout. Rooms are not the largest, but everything you require is there. The free craft beer in the evenings is a definite bonus!

Hey there deauvilledame!
Thank you so much for choosing the Max and for taking the time to share your experience online. We are thrilled to hear that you we were able to enhance your experience by providing you with a complimentary upgrade. When our availability allows we always try to make sure our guests are comfortable. You're right...a free beer (or two) doesn't hurt either.
Again, thanks for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

The pros..room was clean, staff were exceptionally nice, food was good. The cons...rooms were more like large closets, ours overlooking an old ugly building. We had to vacate the cruise ship at 8:00 A.M., our room was not ready until 3 PM. Shower stall was tiny. Hallways dark and musty smelling. This is an old renovated hotel in downtown Seattle, so if that is what you want the rooms are okay for 1 person. Beds are comfy, but we were not impressed with the long wait to check in and the tiny room size. Certainly not big enough to make u want to spend any time in the room. Disappointed in Princess Cruise lines for putting us in this hotel.

Room Tip: Do your homework..lots of nice hotels in the area with larger rooms, pools, etc...

Hello there Crazyforcruising001!
First of all, love your TripAdvisor handle. Secondly, thank you for staying with us at the Max and for the compliments when it came to our team, our clean rooms and our restaurant. They will all be thrilled to hear your comments. On the other hand, I'm truly sorry to hear that you didn't find the room to be more comfortable. Being an older Seattle hotel in a great location we are the perfect spot to come back to at the end of a long day and have a complimentary pint. Maybe not the best option for guests looking to spend hours in their hotel room.
Again, thank you for staying with us and happy sailing!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

From the minute we pulled up.. I was immensely impressed. They were nice, and helpful. Our room wasn't ready as we showed up 3 hours prior to our check in time. However they helped us out with a map, directions, and recommendations. Once we got our room (which was pretty quick) we found it to be awesome!! The color schemes and artwork was just a bonus. They were clean and need and the beds were so comfy it should have bed a sin!

I highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014
Kevin S, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

What's up Halee G.!
Thanks for staying with us at the Max and for the amazing five bubble review. We are pumped to hear that we were able to accommodate your early arrival and that you found your room to be awesome. Being an older building we have some really cool room layouts. Our BEDS!!! They are truly a sin. Since we replaced our mattresses in November of last year our guests continuously tell us how heavenly they are. I'm happy you agree!
Again, thank you for staying with us and look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful, making my visit even more enjoyable. The location is ideal; close to shopping, Pike Place market, and myriad world-class restaurants. The rooms are a bit small, but they are clean and well-appointed. When I go to Seattle, this is my first choice for lodging.

Hey there Michele!
Thank you so much for the glowing five bubble review. We love hearing from our return guests and are thrilled to hear that we are you go-to hotel when you visit Seattle. Our Front Desk and Housekeeping teams will be blushing when I share your feedback with them. They all work so hard to make the Max Seattle's local hotel.
We look forward to seeing you soon!