“Teeny Tiny Rooms, Wonderful Service”
Review of Hotel Max

Hotel Max
Ranked #32 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Leduc, Canada
“Teeny Tiny Rooms, Wonderful Service”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

If you don't plan on spending much time in your room or don't have to share a room or a bed then I do recommend this hotel. Great location, great great service. I don't remember the name of the restaurant that is connected but it was fabulous.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Hello there divallyn!
Thank you for staying with us at the Max and for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. While I wish your bubble rating was higher I have to agree completely with your review. Our rooms are smaller than usual and we are not a cookie cutter hotel so each room series is different. We believe that is what makes us special and by offering additional amenities we make such great connections with our guests. Please note that we do have larger rooms available and would love to have you stay and experience one of those upon your next visit. Let me know if I can assist in arranging for you.
kevin.scott@hotelmaxseattle.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I came down to see Derek Jeter's final game in our beautiful city and that day was UW graduation etc etc, it was 5:30pm and needless to say traffic was worse than ever! I could not get into the valet lane for the hotel , I called and talked to Samuel ( what a gem ) he talked too me for the entire 25 minutes it took me to get around the block and waklked me into the alley to get out of the nightmare.

The valet warmly greeted me, grabbed my bags and walked me into the beautiful hotel.
Samual said hello and told me I was already to go, and handed me an ice cold craft beer ( they were having a tasting even) and told me to go relax :) he was just great!!

My room was on the top floor corner room and could clearly see the needle, the room is bright and welcoming, it is a little small , but I am not complaining at all!! I love the black and white classic photos on the room doors, the bed was extreamly comfy.

After the game I grabbed a rickshaw and went into the hotel bar, very classy, and wonderful service , ordered a drink and went up to my room enjoyed a hot bath and that beautiful view.

I would highly recommed this place it was my 1st solo trip, just a few blocks to light rail, Westlake Center is right there. The next morning I cruised right up to Pike street.

Room Tip: I asked for a high floor with a city view in my reservation request and they made it happen. When I...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Hello there Stefani B.,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your Max experience with TripAdvisor. I'm beyond thrilled to hear that Samuel was able to help navigate you through the traffic into our side alley. With a major accident on one of the highways through Seattle that was supposedly the worst traffic in Seattle's history. Again, so happy to hear that Samuel was available and got you hooked up with a craft beer upon your arrival.
Additionally, thank you for highlighting our restaurant, location and art theme. #blushing
All in all, thank you for your time and your rave review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a nice, modern hotel with an excellent location. The staff is very curteous and professional and we enjoyed our stay. The elevators are a little slow and very small but that is normal for an older, converted building. The decor is cool and we were able to walk to all of the big Seattle attractions with no problem. There are also lots of stores and restaurants close by. Excellent customer service, too.

Room Tip: Stay on the higher floors if possible. Allow extra time for the elevators.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hello there Sadie H.,
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to share your feedback with TripAdvisor. We love receiving the kudos and taking the time to highlight our location and team. At the same time, we appreciate you acknowledging our older building and the challenges we face. We believe in providing our guests with a local Seattle experience with emphasis on a heavenly bed, great food and tasty craft beer.
Again, thank you so much and we cannot wait to welcome you back.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Hotel tries hard to be trendy & fun. Beds are comfortable. Free beer in the lobby in afternoon is a nice welcome.

In recognition of downtown location and thin walls, the hotel supplies free earplugs.

Bathroom was the same size as what you find on an airplane. Shower was 26 x 26 inches.

Paying more than $40 to park for one night seems excessive.

Room Tip: Get on 8th floor or higher. Use the earplugs. Run the room fan to drown out neighbours noises.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ccb1951
Hello there ccb1951!
Thank you so much for staying with us at Hotel Max and for the feedback provided. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our beds and our craft beer hour. We believe a great night sleep and a tasty pint can go a long way to making an unforgettable experience. Parking costs in Seattle are high. I suggest taking a look at our Local's Parking Package on our website. It's a great alternative if you are local and driving in.
Again, thank you for your time and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back!
Colwood, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have friends coming from Europe in July and I'm working with the General Manager to assist in making their stay special. I can't say enough about the level of service and response I have received. Incredible!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Hello there Shari L.!
Thank you so much for the kind words and for taking the time to give us a shout out on TripAdvisor. We are so excited to have your friends stay with us in a few weeks. You've been so helpful in telling us about them and we cannot wait to make them feel like rock stars.
Again, thank you so much for your time. If I can be of any help as we get closer to their arrival please do not hesitate to contact me.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Customer service rocks! Free pints of local beer from 5:30-6:30 in the lobby. Tasty drinks and food. Best pillows ever. Really nice amenities, shampoo, lotion etc. The best complimentary tea (by Steven Smith Teamaker) my new favorite. If I had any complaint at all it would be that the seating in the lobby was a little too close to the ground.

• Stayed June 2014
Hey there Barb C.!
Thank you so much for the rave review. We are elated to hear about your Max experience and all of the kudos you gave us. Our team will be so pleased to hear your feedback about the service you received and how you enjoyed our craft beer hour and pillows. Aren't they just amazing?!
Please know that your feedback regarding our lobby will not fall on deaf ears. We are in the final stages of a lobby refresh which we cannot wait to roll out later this year.
Again, thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay and eagerly look forward to welcoming you back.