“Amazing Service”

Ranked #32 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Amazing Service”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon and were pleasantly surprised. We were happily greeted by the door man upon arriving. Made our way to the front desk and were immediately greeted with a smile and a fast check in. It was very kind and a nice touch to receive a complimentary bottle of champagne as well as the room being very nice. The artwork on the walls and doors is a nice touch. They also have a free craft beer hour in the lobby which is amazing. I have stayed at many hotels in Seattle and 10/10 would definitely choose Hotel Max again.

Hello there JCFriss,
Congrats! We are thrilled to have an opportunity to host you and your new wife on your recent honeymoon. Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your experience. Our team will be over the moon to hear that their thoughtful gesture aided in the celebration.
Again, thank you for taking the time to share your story and we cannot wait to welcome you back. Possibly for your anniversary? If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.
kevin.scott@hotelmaxseattle.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Korean first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I spent two nights at the Hotel Max at the beginning of a Pacific Northwest/Canadian vacation to celebrate my birthday. I chose Hotel Max for a variety of reasons:
1) having stayed here back in 2007, I knew the hotel was very conveniently located.
2) PRICE! The Hotel Max was probably one of the least expensive hotels we researched that met our criteria of cleanliness/convenience/conformability/craft beer Happy Hour!
3) The right amount of character without going “overboard”.
Oh… and I must add the Sky Train station is literally steps away – making for a very cheap ride to and from the airport.

The Max advertises that, like any other rock star, guests can provide a “rider” of wants and requests. I emailed the hotel ahead of time mentioning that we would be celebrating my birthday and to my surprise (!) a bottle of champagne and chocolates we waiting in the room! A very nice touch and a great kick off to our vacation! I found the hotel has improved in a few areas since my first visit 7 years ago… the bathroom products were updated and the lobby & rooms were still immaculately maintained. Our 7th floor corner room was small but cozy & efficient. The beds are extremely comfortable and the robes are phenomenal! If I could have fit one in my suitcase, I would have had no trouble forking over the $125 to take one home. Seriously. Best. Robe. Ever.

Once again, I was highly satisfied and even wowed by this funky little hotel. I’m actually disappointed we didn’t book the Max for the last night of our vacation before flying out of SEA-TAC, instead we chose the Hotel Five for a change of scenery (please see my review for compare and contrast). I can safely say, the next time our adventures bring us back to Seattle, my first choice will hands down, be the Hotel Max.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hey there bethy2120!
Happy belated birthday Rock Star! We couldn't be happier to host you and your husband for a return trip to the PNW. I must thank you for highlighting our Rock Star Rider program and suggesting future guests to share with us a little bit about their stay prior to their arrival. We absolutely love personalizing our guests experiences and take great pride in the amenity ideas we've come up with.
Overall, thank you for the glowing review and we cannot wait to welcome you and your husband back down the road. If I can be of any assistance moving forward please do not hesitate to contact me.
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 30 June 2014

A nice hotel in an excellent location downtown Seattle! The staff were incredibly friendly and very welcoming. The rooms are on the small side and my room was noisy early in the morning due to construction outside, but ear phones were provided, which was a nice touch. Overall this is a good option in Seattle for a single person on business or looking to explore the city.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hello there brandon52!
Thank you so much for staying with us on your recent trip to Seattle. Additionally, thank you for sharing your feedback with TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate the kind words about our team. They will be so happy to hear that their hard work is paying off. Also, glad to hear that the earplugs came in handy. Being in a downtown location it can sometimes be noisier than we know you'd like which is why we provide them for you.
Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Fantastic location within walking distance of many Seattle attractions. The hotel is very modern, with craft beer available in the afternoon. Valet parking was great. Watch out for the showerheads in accessible rooms (we didn't know our room was accessible), the pressure is awful. Would definitely stay again.

Hey there mchannah!
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Max and for taking the time to share your comments with the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate the kudos on our location, our decor, craft beer hour and Valet team. We are very proud of our history and the job our team does. Truly appreciate the heads up about the pressure in your room. I've asked our Engineering team to test the water pressure in each of our accessible rooms.
Again, thank you for your comments and for staying with us. We cannot wait to welcome you back!
Reading
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This hotel was in a good central location, the staff were extremely helpful and the free evening beer was a very nice touch. My wife and I really enjoyed our two night stay but our room was a little small though.

1 Thank Kwacka
Hello there Kwacka!
Thank you so much for the kind note and for staying with us on your recent trip to Seattle. We couldn't be happier to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your Max experience. Furthermore, the team will be so thrilled to hear your feedback about the service they provided as well as the tasty pints available in our lobby.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
London
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The best thing about this hotel is its location: just 10 mins walk from Pike Place market, and all the Downtown shopping on your doorstep. It’s also reasonably priced and staff are friendly and helpful.
It’s a little worn out, though. When it opened, the rock ‘n’ roll themed rooms must have seemed like a cool idea... and staying here may well have been a novel and interesting experience. Unfortunately, neither the theme nor the decor have aged well. All that red and black paintwork, intended to lend an edgy and moody feel, just make the small rooms and corridors feel dark, gloomy and dirty.
And unfortunately that’s not just your imagination; the elevators and common areas ARE rather dirty. There are scuffed carpets, peeling paint on woodwork and fingerprints/grime everywhere you look. The rooms are OK, at least.
Arguably, of course, this is entirely in keeping with the grunge, rock ‘n’ roll vibe. Well, maybe. But I expect Mick Jagger employs a cleaner/handyman these days.
Other gripes: the wash basins are tiny and uncomfortable; it’s impossible to wash your face without making a godawful mess of the bathroom. Also, there is no sound insulation between rooms. Every sneeze, laugh and comment from your next door neighbours is faithfully transmitted through the walls.
Having said all that, I’d go back: the good just about outweighs the bad. But dear God, it needs a lick of new paint. Go on, management: Give the place a bloody good redecoration. It really, really needs it... and you know it.

Hello there praskovya!
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know a little bit about your recent experience. I love your candidness and agree that we need to enhance some areas. Please know we are in the final stages of designing a lobby/elevator refresh. We are so excited and cannot wait for our future guests to experience.
I'm sorry to read about the issues you had with our Housekeeping team. I believe this to be an anomaly as our team really strives for perfection when it comes to cleanliness.
Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to experience the refreshed Max.
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I was torn between giving them 3 stars or 4 - I'm going with 4 because of the great service. I stayed for 3 nights during a business trip. We had a big group all staying at the hotel and there was a handwritten card from the owner in each of our rooms, welcoming us to the hotel. We also received a large bottle of beer and a Hotel Max branded bottle opener with the card. The free happy hour beer in the lobby was great. They had a problem with the tap towards the end of the first night and instead of turning people away they started opening bottles to continue to serve everyone. The rooms were very small but I didn't mind. The bed was very comfortable - which is always the most important thing to me. The price was very reasonable for it's location in Seattle and what you receive.
There were 2 things I did not like: the bathroom doesn't really have a counter, it has a thin glass shelf above the sink at chest level, and mine was slanted toward the ground. My belongings either didn't fit on the shelf or would slide off onto the floor constantly. Lastly, I was in a corner room, and the walls and/or windows did not protect me from any noise. I was woken up every night at 3 or 4 in the morning when a very loud vehicle drove up (garbage truck?) and made a ridiculous amount of noise. The first night I was woken up several times by buses as well. There were earplugs on my nightstand and I definitely needed them, but I still couldn't sleep undisturbed through the night. If you are a light sleeper I would definitely ask for a room in the center of the hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very loud and hard to sleep in.