“Four night stay”
Review of Hotel Max

Hotel Max
Ranked #32 of 101 Hotels in Seattle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed here one night and found the room way too small for our needs! We had allot of luggage and nowhere to put it. The shower and toilet were not much bigger than cupboards. Other than that the location was good as was the service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tasangela
Kevin S, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Hello there tasangela!
Thank you so much for staying with us on your recent trip to Seattle and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry to read your review as we try to be upfront and honest about the size of our hotel rooms. We are fully aware of the physical challenges. In fact we embrace them as we believe it lends to the history and uniqueness of one's experience. This is also why we focus so heavily on providing each of our guests with a personalized experience with local influences in an unbeatable location.
Again, thank you for staying with us and hope to have you back to experience one of our larger room categories down the road.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I ahve never written a reviww before but feel compelled to for the Hotel Max as I found this hotel to be far overpriced for the accommodations and assistance I received. One night cost $370. for a very small room with a window that barely opened to an enormous HVAC unit that was generating heat and noise. The staff was pleasant enough, but were unable to assist with even the most minor request. There was no aspirin available at the front desk but the room was cluttered with a large container of junk food. The water glasses are very small but bottled water is available for $4-. The wireless was only available at a cost of $9.99 unless one agreed to unwanted email and then cut off at 12:00 AM.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Kevin S, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Hello there Joanne_15_RIV_Ave,
Thank you so much for staying with us and I'm sorry to hear that your experience at the Max spurred your first TripAdvisor review. After reading and sharing your review with our team please know that we are all disappointed to read your comments. I take full responsibility for the oversight and lapses in service. Please feel free to reach out to me personally so I can gather some additional information which would aid in our investigation. Our goal is to ensure that this type of experience doesn't repeat itself.
Thank you again and hope to hear from you soon!
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Hotel Max for 4 nights and can honestly say it was a lovely experience.

The staff were very helpful and polite and their customer service skills were outstanding.

They have happy hour everyday were you got a free beer and it was a different craft beer daily, lovely little touch.

The beds at this hotel are the best I have ever slept in, I have a bad back and slept like a baby, I loved the bed that much I wanted to bring it home.

Very funky hotel. Oh and the place smelt beautiful. I will deffo return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank The-cat-god
Kevin S, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hello there The-cat-god!
Thank you for staying with us at Hotel Max and for sharing your story with the TripAdvisor community. We truly appreciate the praise and thank you for your kind words. Ultimately, we are so happy to hear that you had a great experience, slept like a baby, enjoyed some delicious craft beer and found our team to be very helpful. We couldn't ask for more and I cannot wait to share your comments with our team.
Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Cheers,
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 31 July 2014

After reading some the reviews I was expecting a very small room in a dated hotel, however the room was reasonably large, a modest (but very cute) bathroom. I was on the 9th floor - 901 - which is RIGHT next to the elevators. I did require earplugs during the night as the older style elevators are fairly loud, but with earplugs I wasn't disturbed too much. However the bed placement might take some looking at - as the head of the bed is right against the wall of the elevator shaft.

I arrived around 11:30pm and the check in staff were great - there was some confusion about what room I was booked into - which revealed itself when I got to the room.

In turned out the windows in the room had been left open during the day, while it rained, and all of the carpet along that side of the room was saturated. I called down to the frontdesk who said they would send up housekeeping (and were already aware of the issue and apologised as they thought it had been addressed - but was obviously the cause of confusion at check-in, disappointing they didn't move us into another room immediately, because there was a larger room available), however as it was 11:45pm at this stage, I declined... consequently the room began to smell a bit like wet dog over the next 2-3 days.

The hotel restaurant was great and had a good range of beer on tap. Every staff member I interacted with was friendly and helpful and I would stay again.

Only a small issue - as this is an older building the elevators are teeny tiny and there are no service elevators for staff. If there are 3-4 people with luggage waiting for a lift in front of you, you may be stuck for 10-15mins waiting to get to your room. It would be great if staff would help coordinate getting bags up to the rooms a little more proactively, to allow guests to use the elevators more freely - 15mins is a long time to wait just because the group in front have suitcases. Otherwise stay on a lower floor and use the stairs!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kevin S, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Hello there RachelGeee!
Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your story on TripAdvisor. We are so thrilled to hear that you were pleasantly surprised. Additionally, thank you for the information on your room. I'll be looking into whether or not we can modify the room layout of that particular room. Please know that we are working with the entire team to better utilize the elevators and encourage our team to take the stairs when available.
Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I had a nice stay here. It's in a good spot in Seattle and the hotel is pretty trendy itself. The staff was nice and the rooms were well decorated and clean. I'd definitely go back. Would recommend to friends as well!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Kevin S, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Hello there Mandy C.!
Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your experience. We truly appreciate the feedback and are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our team to be nice and welcoming. Love that you found our property to be trendy and clean. We are very proud of our Housekeeping team and the work they do.
Again, thank you for staying with us and we look for welcome you and your friends to the Max in the future.