2,517 results
All reviews free beer craft beer happy hour record player miller's guild great location rooms are small honor bar fun hotel hip hotel cool vibe every evening attached restaurant within walking distance enjoyed my stay space needle business trip
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Was alright. Staff were nothing special.

The valet parking is 40 plus tax. There was an amenities fee of 20 per night we didnt know about which sucked.

Room was small but fine. Definitely not sound proof. Bathroom was very small and didnt really even have a counter.

Overall ok. Free beer and coffee

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Jim P, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Hi Calvin,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your review. Parking is limited in the downtown area. Our valet charges are on par with other hotels in the downtown area. Come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Average hotel in the heart of Seattle downtown, Very small rooms. Convenient for commuting most places. Not too far from SeaTac Airport. No complementary breakfast. accessible to many restaurents and attractions.

Stayed: September 2017

Hi there,

Thank you for staying with us. The Max highlights cozy rooms while highlighting local art, music, coffee, and beer! We are stoked to hear you found the hotel conveniently located for your needs.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Looking for a place to stay in Seattle can be a fun experience. Downtown Seattle seems to have endless unique hotels and a great variety of service levels, five star down to basic accommodation are available. My recent trip with family for a last minute summer get away included a stay at Hotel Max. I was looking for a small boutique style property with some character, and I found it at Max. Yes, rooms are a bit small, but if you read the room descriptions on their website, it is clear that the rooms will be on the smaller side. But I found them to be perfectly suitable and complete with all the necessary amenities for an enjoyable stay. The beds and linens are wonderful, and the design is unique. I love the ART placement throughout the property. It is clear that management has given a great deal of thought when selecting the amenities in the room. Every evening a beer tasting happens in the lobby which provides a terrific opportunity to meet new people and learn more about Seattle. And in the mornings a pleasant staff member is available to poor a perfectly brewed cup of coffee. Mostly, I really enjoyed the pleasant unpretentious staff throughout the property, including our housekeeper who went out of her way to say good morning! Also, big props to the adjoining restaurant, Miller's Guild, fresh food and a beautiful space for breakfast, lunch, and dinner/drink. You have many great options to choose from in Seattle, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Hotel Max. Nice job!

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors offer a nice view of the city below, and yes elevators are small but I didn't find it to be a problem.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Hi Mitchell,

Wow, great to hear your stay was 5 stars! Hotel Max is authentically Seattle with lots of charater. We can't wait to welcome you back to the Max next time you visit Seattle.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

I stand between 6 foot 3 and 6 foot 4 depending on what convenience store I'm leaving. I had eaten a meal that didn't agree with me before checking into this hotel. I needed to use the bathroom rather quickly. I was not aware at how small the toilet and the bathroom were. After doing what I had to do, the time came to do the paperwork. This was not to be easier said than done, it was quite the effort. My bottom completely filled the lid so I could not wipe from the back nor the front. The toilet roll was hitting my right knee, and if I put my feet out, the door wouldn't close. I felt like I was in the movie Elf or Gulliver's travel.... the only way to get the job done was to face the toilet and put my left foot on top of the tank. I started laughing at myself because I have never been in this predicament in my lifetime . I will chalk this one up for experience. I can hardly wait for the shower experience!

1  Thank DVD1961

Hi there,

I am glad to hear overall stay was 4 stars. The Max being in the 1920's is a unique and cozy boutique hotel featuring local art and music. I am hopeful you will come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Centrally located and within walking distance of Pike Place Market and the harbour. Conveniently located for public transport also.
A very chic place. Fresh coffee in the lobby to start the day.
Friendly and helpful staff
Our room was well appointed and the beds were superbly comfortable.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Jim P, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Hi Annette,

Thank you staying at the Max and posting your review. The Max is located in the heart of the city and close to just about everything. Come back and visit us again.