“Great location!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Edmonton, Canada
“Great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

This hotel is perfect for walking to the pike place market and everything else downtown seattle. My husband and I stayed in the King suite room. The room was very quiet and clean. There was a fridge and a large couch, which was a nice surprise! I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Corona, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

We loved our stay at the Roosevelt! We got the jacuzzi suite and it was awesome! Also we had requested to have a room on a top floor so we could try and see the Space Needle fireworks. They went above and beyond to get us the best room (14th floor) and we were able to see the fireworks from the comfort of our warm and cozy room!

Room Tip: as for an end room and on a top floor
1 Thank JSwystun
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night while visiting Seattle. The hotel is downtown and thus it is valet only parking ($29) which is the norm. It is an older building but has been updated and is very elegant. I had a room on the 18th floor with a view of both Puget Sound and the Space Needle. It is located in the middle of the downtown shopping district and still within walking distance of Pike Place Market and the waterfront. The light rail station is about two blocks away if you needed to get to/from the airport. The hotel offered free wi-fi that worked well and free morning coffee. The room was clean and comfortable but on the smaller side which is usual for older properties. Overall it is an excellent place to stay and a good value.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Renton, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

Had a groupon for a jacuzzi room which was my mother's day treat. A perfect way to relax. Its great location made it easy to stroll to downtown shops. Bought a bath bomb at Lush and used it in the enormous tub. Private and clean rooms appointed with the hotel room basics. Comfortable bed. Convenient parking. There were no extras to gush about but it met our expectations.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

My boyfriend and I got a night here through a GroupOn for a romantic night in the city even though we live in Seattle. We called in to book in late November and thought all was well. When we arrived the front desk could not find our reservation, which was alarming, and they eventually found it had been inexplicably cancelled... The front desk made it more than right though. The staff couldn't find a room of the same type so instead they upgraded us to a Jacuzzi King Suite instead and comped out parking. :) The Jacuzzi was ENORMOUS and the room was nice and comfortable. There's a great HD TV in the room with plenty of channels and there were 3 large windows looking out onto Pine.

I'd say one issue of having those windows on Pine though is that the music and noise from the club across the street could be heard until it closed at 2am. It wasn't super loud but definitely audible in a quiet room which could keep light sleepers up.

All in all, a great experience and the location is so close to so much in downtown Seattle it's a great place to stay for locals and travelers alike.

1 Thank bonjourhola85
centerville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

Stayed at the Roosevelt from Dec 26 to Dec 29. My husband and I stayed in the jacuzzi suite. The room was very nice and clean. We had no problems checking in and had no problems having our car brought around to us when we needed it. I will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

I just want to start off by saying that I never write reviews (good or bad) for hotels that I stay in. I am not a picky person and it takes a lot to make me feel like I need to stop other people from staying somewhere, but this time I just couldn't hold back.

My wife and I booked this hotel through Hotwire as part of a small winter trip we planned around the northwest. Whenever we've booked hotels using Hotwire "Hot Rates" in the past we've always ended up with amazing rooms based on the star rating given. However, this was not one of those times. We were told we would receive a 3 1/2 star room in Downtown Seattle similar to a Hilton, Sheraton, Hyatt, etc. but this hotel did not even come close to that standard.

When we checked in we were only told by the front desk staff that we have a room with a single bed on the 6th floor. I didn't think to ask how big the bed was because I assumed that it would be at least a queen size or larger, just like every other hotel of this supposed caliber. We were unpleasantly surprised to find that our extremely tiny room had only single full bed. The room couldn't have been any larger than 150-200 sq ft.

Just when we thought it couldn't get any worse we looked out the window to find that our view was of a plain white wall from the building directly next door. You might think I'm exaggerating and that the building was across the street or something but I'm not. This building was no more than 20 ft from our window. So I decided to open the window and see if there was anything worth looking at but I was forced to immediately close it due to the deafening noise from the air conditioning unit on the roof of the building below us.

We waited a little while to see if the room would grow on us but I only felt myself getting more and more disappointed. So I built up some courage and decided to call down to the front desk and politely ask if there were any more rooms available that we could switch to. Preferably just something with a slightly larger bed, we didn't need anything crazy just a bed that we could actually fit in. The staff here are friendly but they informed us that there was nothing they could do.

Overall I would never recommend this hotel to anyone I know and I will make it a point to never stay here again. The fact that there are even rooms this small and uninviting in a hotel like this makes me really sad.

Room Tip: It looks like about 20% of the rooms in this hotel have a full size bed and no view what-so-ever. An...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Todd W
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Thank you for visiting us and providing a review. We are very disappointed to read about your experience and apologize we were not able to accommodate you with another room. Unfortunately, booking through a third party limits our ability to provide other options; but we assure you that upon a future stay, we would ensure you get a room you find comfortable. Thank you for your comments about our staff, we hope to see you again.