“much ado about nothing”

Ranked #43 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Prague, Czech Republic
“much ado about nothing”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We travel to Seattle every year and we tried many hotels. This year we stayed in Roosevelt for a week.

Location is great. Room was large, good furnitured bud it looked quite old. Bathroom was big and we had jacuzzi. But we missed breakfast (some problems with their restaurant).

I think we could have nice stay, but...

I had problem with their system of cleaning. Everyday they gave us new set of cosmetics, even we barely used it. I wondered whether they do this every day in every room - what a terrible waste! And day before we left I was half through packing so I had some stuff on the floor around my luggage. And they throw away all empty bags (I need them to wrap some fragile things) and empty bottles from the table. They throw away my favourite reusable bottle... I know where garbage bin is and If I want something to throw away, I put it there, thank you.

Instead of throwing everything away they should focus on real cleaning. We had stains on the wall in bathroom. I know that wall is not usually cleaned but I can tell you that big brown stains especially around toilet don't look good at all. And on refrigerator I could capture fingerprints from previous guest.

And the staff? They didn't even say hello and when we said hello, they didn't even bother to reply. They just looked at us like we don't belong there. At check-out nobody asked how we liked it here.

So my conclusion? Next year we plan to spend a month in Seattle. And I assure you not in Roosevelt... I don't mind old furniture, I can live without hair dryer, I know worse stains from students housing but the behavior? From my experience worse hotel and great people are better than great hotel with worse people...
They acting like they don't want any guests. There you go...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your stay at The Roosevelt Hotel. We truly apologize for the items our housekeeping team mistook for items you were throwing away! We are also very disappointed to read your sentiments about our staff as they are not common. We hope you will visit us again in the future for a much more typical and friendly stay at The Roosevelt Hotel. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

Fisrt time staying here for a visit with my wife. The room was a bit small but it was consistent with other reviews. The hotel was older but the rooms were great. Check-in was a breeze. Their website mentioned a robe and slippers, the robe was there, slippers were not (later found out slippers are included in larger rooms). No problem though, asked at front desk and they gave us a pair. A contenental breakfast was available in the lobby. The pillows were a bit flat but the bed was comfortable.
The service was great and a special thanks to Peter at the front desk for his attention to detail and hospitality.

We had originally reserved a car but the cost of parking it was higher than the daily car rental (35.00 + valet tip per day). We opted instead to take the light rail ($2.75 one way / ~30 minutes) from the airport which dropped us off 1 block from hotel (station was under Nordstroms). The light rail was safe and there was lots of police presence. A few days later, I took the light rail back to the airport to pick-up a rental car. Saved about $130.00 in rental/parking/hassle. The Pike Market and Space Needle was about six blocks. Walking was a breeze.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your stay! We're thrilled to read you enjoyed your visit and apologize you were not able to easily find your robe and slippers! We hope you will contact a member of our staff during your next visit to assist with any concerns immediately! Thank you for your comments about our service and location. We hope you will stay in touch with us on Facebook and Twitter until your next visit!
Mission, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We booked through Hotwire so you never know what you are going to get but the reviews were good so we took the plunge!
Arrived and had to wait 15 mins as there was only one attendant at the desk- was not awesome as we were pretty tired and had many parcels with us. The rooms were adequate at best- very small, even though it was just two of us. I really appreciate the old character of the building but from a functional perspective it was not as ideal as it could have been.

Breakfast was not spectacular but included- we opted to walk to Starbucks accross the street for coffee as what they had was not desirable.

The location was fantastic however- in the shipping hub and only 4 blocks from the pike market. We paid $30 for 24 hours of parking (nothing too surprising) but had we not got such a good deal on Hotwire and paid full price for our room for a Friday night we would have not been impressed.

Probably won't go back, would rather pay a but more and get more. Loved Seattle!

1 Thank meaganhamilton
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. We are pleased to read you enjoyed our location and your time in Seattle. Thank you for your comments, they are important as they help us improve for future guests and your next visit! Thank you for choosing The Roosevelt Hotel!
CALGARY
Reviewed 25 May 2013

The Roosevelt is a classic old property that has been and continues to be renovated by Coast hotels. It is not a lavish property in any sense. It has small public spaces, and currently no restaurant (the famous VONS bar and grill is now closed). The rooms are also smaller but nicely decorated but have tight bathrooms. The great feature of this hotel is it is located in a great location in downtown Seattle for shopping, walking, and easy access to the airport rail link and Seattle Centre monorail.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CanadianTraveller200
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We appreciate your comments about our location and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We can't wait to see you again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I stayed here as I was attending a conference at the Washington State Convention Center. The hotel was just down from here which made it very convenient for work and it is also well located for other things to do in the area. The staff were very welcoming, the rooms were clean and it had a very nice atmosphere. The breakfast in the morning was good too. I would stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank delta119
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

Front desk office staff is always professional and welcoming even if I just slipped out for a couple minutes they welcome me back ! Love this location , great rooms nice and clean and having the restaurants within walking distance and Von's downstairs ! Perfect !

1 Thank PHXman55
Piraeus, Greece
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Even downtown , very quiet hotel
The most important is that you don't hear the people from other rooms
Very comfy bed & pillows
The room & and bathroom were very spacious and clean
I stayed for 2 nights with my two yr old daughter , I walked everywhere and the hotel staff was very helpful and friendly
Also the location of the hotel is great

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicolitsa
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review! We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!