“Great location”

The Roosevelt Hotel
Ranked #47 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

We just stayed here for two great nights. The hotel is quite old and elegant. I really enjoyed the size of the room for the buildings age. The staff were all pleasant and very helpful. You are right in the hear of everything and walking distance to anywhere in downtown Seattle. If you are looking for a traditional hotel that is right in the hear of the city this is the perfect place.

Stayed: November 2013
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you so much for your compliments regarding our central location. We are so pleased you were in close distance to everything Seattle has to offer. See you again soon!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed at this 1930s-vintage hotel many years ago and remembered the rooms to be shabby and dark. But lured by its excellent downtown location and reassured by some recent TripAdvisor reviews, I snapped up a good web rate for an overnight business trip, and was pleased to discover it has undergone a sensitive refresh and now operates under the eminently reliable Coast Hotels brand.

My top-floor room (2001) was large and clean, with a nice view down to Pike Place Market, a separate sitting room and an extremely comfortable bed. The bathroom was tiny--not unusual in older hotels--but had everything I needed (robe, hair dryer) and in good working order. The in-room coffee was the best I've ever had in a hotel--Starbuck's of course!

The Roosevelt has a charming/quirky vibe, which appeals to me more than the cookie-cutter sameness of some nearby hotels. The staff were very friendly. At check-out, they happily arranged to hold my bag (containing my iPad) in a separate, secure area so I could explore the city for the rest of the day unencumbered.

The location--Fifth and Pine--is fabulous, walking distance to shopping, entertainment, the famous market, Belltown, the monorail and Space Needle--everything!

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Tip: check out the web rates--they are better than what you can get by calling their reservation line. The reservation line quoted $169, but I paid $139, and I later was told by the front desk that BC residents can get an even lower rate.

Room Tip: 2001 was large, quiet and featured a nice view down Pike to the market and water.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing stay with us during your recent business trip. We are so pleased you enjoyed our accommodations and appreciate the time you took to provide us with feedback.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Did a theatre package with the hotel and a local theatre. Everything was very good.
Greeted expertly upon arrival, staff were friendly, helpful and very accommodating.
Room had a new bed and very comfortable. No complaints. Location is perfectly central to everything downtown.

Room Tip: We were on the 16th floor and it was very good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you Thank you for the fantastic review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our location, accommodations and found us to be a good value. Thank you for mentioning our close proximity to Seattle’s many attractions. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We arrived with a nice welcome, yet only to find that the room we had reseverved was gone. Haily was quick to aide compensating us with a penthouse corner room on a higher floor, which had a beautiful view of the water. Though the upgrade was nice, being in a penthouse, the room had a lack of amenities. We were left with the only option of a $4 Fiji water! So, from that point we decided to order room service. Front desk advised there was no room service available and that there was a vending machine on the 2nd floor. We then decided to shoot for the hopeful last option relying on the staff to suggest places around the immediate area. WE STRUCK OUT! Staff had no knowledge of the surrounding pick of restaurants, but did suggest we get on our phones to look up information using their free wifi. Upon leaving, we saw that the bill was overly charged with taxes and fees. Our bill started out as $170 and with everything tacked on, it came to $234. Granted the parking was $29, but that was worth the service.

On a brighter note, the valet service was excellent! We go to many establishments in other areas and have yet to have the parking service we had with this team. We pulled into the valet area and was greeted with smiles and ready to go service. It was nice to see valets NOT on their phones! Our doors were opened for us and Devin asked if we were heading out later in the evening so he could keep our vehicle up front for a quick get away. As we returned later to head out for dinner, Devin picked up where the hotel staff fell short and asked if we needed where abouts for a good place to go for food and possible entertainment and gave an array of places to go which was an amazing help. We wish we could receive this level of service from every valet encounter we have. This service is what lead us to give this location 4 stars, rather than 2 or 3.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher up floor for less street noise and better views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback and suggestions. We appreciate you providing both the highlights and lowlights of your stay with us. We will take your review and share it with our team to see how we can improve. We would love for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Our room was very nice and large. Bed and pillows very comfortable. Enjoyed our stay.
We spent a lot of time in the room. Provided coffee machine and refrigerator which we always like to have. The lobby was beautiful, but didn't have time to enjoy it.

Room Tip: We were in the King Bed. Very nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for providing a review. We are pleased to read you enjoyed our accommodations! We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Seattle!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Had a good experience except for the fact that when I left my luggage at the desk with hotel staff, I had items stolen out of my suitcase. When I noticed after I took my suitcase up to my room, staff told me the person who was working when I dropped my luggage off was off work and would not return for a few days. They told me management was not in until the morning, but I needed to leave first thing in the morning so it was not dealt with.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We strive to provide legendary service and hospitality, but on this occasion it is clear that we fell short. We would like to extend our sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We just got back from staying 2 nights. My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary, the location is great. This is a older hotel but it has been well maintained. It is close to all shopping so walking is not an issue. Easy to get a round. Evan the Spaceneedle was easy to walk to or take the monorail. Only blocks away from Pike street market. I would reccomend this hotel and stay for future visits.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your anniversary with us. We appreciate the time you took to provide us with feedback. We look forward to celebrating many more special occasions with you!