“Nice hotel - Great location for Seattle”

The Roosevelt Hotel
Ranked #40 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel - Great location for Seattle”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel was was a compromise between location and cost. The location of this hotel meant that we could walk out right into the action of the city without paying too much for a fancy 4-5* hotel. Room was nice - tea and coffee facility was much to be desired. On our last day we were able to leave our bags at the hotel until out late evening departure. Staff were friendly and there is a nice lobby with fireplace.
Would a visit again....Yeah I would

2 Thank James E
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
I am pleased to read you enjoyed your trip to Seattle and our convenient location. Most importantly, I appreciate your compliments about our service. Thank you for providing us with feedback and mentioning you would stay again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We spent the night for a short get-away in our home town. The staff was polite and helpful and the room was large and reasonably comfortable. They also offered free wifi, a welcome service. However, the selection of TV channels was limited and they offered no in-room movies. The most disappointing aspect, however, was the lack of temperature control on the shower. The temperature bounced all over, from scalding to freezing, with no warning.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
I appreciate your comments and apologize for the inconvenient issue with your guest room shower. I will share your review with the appropriate management so we may make the necessary improvements. Thank you for your valuable input and we hope you return so we may have the opportunity to restore your affinity for The Roosevelt.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed this past weekend at The Roosevelt. It was a comfortable stay in the best location in downtown Seattle. Now that we've stayed here, we'll never stay anywhere else when visiting Seattle.

I got a good deal off Hotwire and have to admit that some of the reviews on here had me nervous. Yes, the room was a little small and the bathroom a little small, but cmon...breweries, Pike Place, monorail, shopping, restaurants, art museum, Pioneer Square, Bell Town...all of it right outside the hotel within short walking distance. Who's going to stay in the room long enough to feel cramped? If you booked a room in downtown Seattle, then get out there and experience all the fun and excitement! We had absolutely no problem with the size of the room. The beds were soft and comfortable. My girlfriend loved the soft pillows! I'm a pretty light sleeper, yet was able to sleep-in as late as I wanted so the area is quiet enough to get a good sleep. The room, bathroom, hallways and elevators were all clean and tidy. Absolutely nothing to complain about.

Check-in was quick and efficient. Jeremy at the front counter was super friendly and was very kind enough to offer some of his favorite Seattle places for visitors. Check-out was just as efficient and we had a cab waiting for upon check out. We used the fitness facility one morning and it small but very functional.

We visit Seattle 2-3 times per year and I'm glad to have found our "go-to" hotel. Keep up the great work!

1 Thank VanCityChamp
Thank you for the fantastic review. I am pleased that you enjoyed our location, accommodations and found us to be a good value. Thank you for mentioning our close proximity to Seattle’s many attractions. We look forward to serving you again soon!
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I was making a booking for myself and 4 friends coming to see a concert at the Paramount Theater. We all loved our stay. The Piano Guys put on a great concert, we had dinner two nights, went to Pike Place market and some shopping downtown. All within walking distance of The Roosevelt. I parked my car and never needed it during my stay. Rooms can be quite small, typical of older hotels, but were comfortable.

Room Tip: corner rooms can be bigger than others, only 10 rooms per floor
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
I am delighted that we met your expectations during your visit and appreciate your comments about our great location. Seattle has so much to explore, we look forward to serving you on return visits!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Just returned from a trip to Seattle and stayed at the Roosevelt. Wasn't expecting that I'd be there for the NFC championship when I reserved but glad I was there as the 49ers were staying right across the street at the Grand Hyatt!

The location of the Roosevelt couldn't be better. You can take the train from the airport to the Westlake (last) stop. Easy walk - no car necessary! Check-in was great and I was very thankful to get checked in early and get an upgrade to a junior suite. I had a good deal on Hotwire so this was an added bonus. The junior suite was quite big and not what you'd expect from a city hotel.

This is a historic hotel but I think they really need some help getting it right because it just feels old. The lobby is very outdated and couldn't be any less cool - historic can be cool if it is done right! This uncool historic theme continues to the room where it looks like your grandmother's furniture was purchased from an estate sale and thrown in. Some of the fixtures in the room were cool and modern (the lamps and USB charging plugs!) but other things were curiously outdated like some of the furniture and one of the most pathetic 80s alarm clocks I have seen in a while. It's like they had two consultants working independently to renovate the rooms and it makes the whole thing a bit of a confusing conglomeration of styles and decades.

The room is clean and the bed was supremely comfortable and the pillows were some of the best I've slept on. I had a great night's sleep. There was a fridge in my room and that was appreciated. Starbucks coffee as well!

The bathroom is tiny but usable. Water pressure in the shower is pretty terrible. It looks like they got new towels, which looked good, but my friend joked that I was using the bath mat towel but realized it was the regular towels. They are good looking towels that dry you like a bath mat. The bath products were good and there are dispensers in the shower for shampoo/conditioner/shower gel but also there were little bottles of it as well.

The Grand Hyatt is right across the street and my friends had a room there. If you want a modern, cool hotel with style then you will want to stay there. The Roosevelt has a lot of potential but they need to figure out a better way to make historic feel hip. Maybe they should consult with the W hotel group or visit the Hotel Blackhawk in Davenport, Iowa, which is one of the best renovations of a historic hotel that I've ever seen. At least your grandma's furniture at the Roosevelt was comfortable!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank everyshadeofblue
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you so much for your compliments regarding our location and comfortable pillows. We certainly appreciate all your suggestions and will utilize your comments in future planning. Thank you for providing a review!
Glendale, California
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel within steps of everything in the heart of Seattle. Super convenient to the light rail that brings you right in from the airport. Dining and entertainment are all around you, including the theater. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
We are delighted that we met your expectations during your visit and appreciate your comments about our great location. Seattle has so much to explore, we hope you return again soon!
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

When I am in Seattle for business I stay at this hotel. Not by choice and I understand now why I opt to stay with family while on business. Front desk is not very welcoming. A simple request to charge my card upon arrive was like asking them to do surgery. Come on how hard is it to say hello and smile when a guest approaches the desk. If this hotel was not so close to the convention center and and wasn't the preferred vendor for my company. I would stay elsewhere.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read that the service you encountered during your stay was less than satisfactory. We always strive to exceed our guests' expectations, and apologize for missing the mark on this occasion. I appreciate your feedback, and hope to serve you again in hopes of renewing your feelings regarding our hotel.