“Awesome downtown location!”

Ranked #40 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Port Angeles, Washington
“Awesome downtown location!”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We just stayed at the Roosevelt Hotel in downtown Seattle and had a wonderful experience! It is a perfect downtown location for shopping, shows, eating, walking, just enjoying that beautiful city. We went to see the Lion King at the Paramount which, by the way, is AWESOME! The location of the Roosevelt was only 2 blocks away. They have valet parking which is nice and the beds are so comfy!! The room was very, very clean. They are small but not that bad. We had two queen beds, a chair and ottoman and a big TV. The bathroom is TINY, though. We would definitely stay here again. Good price, excellent location. The restaurant is being renovated and no continental breakfast but there are places very close by!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank lem0naide
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for the fantastic review. I am pleased that you enjoyed our location and accommodations. Thank you for mentioning our close proximity to Seattle’s many attractions. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Location is fantastic, the hotel was clean and the room was a decent size.
The showers where so tiny, they had to cut the door a bit so it can open all the way and not stick on the sink
No breakfast which is a shame, parking is right next door but very expensive, and when I needed to check out to the airport the vale disappeared, and gym was not so good, but did the job

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for the compliments regarding our location and accommodations. I appreciate your input and hope your travels bring you back our way again.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The Roosevelt is an older building - nearly 100 years - but well maintained and nicely modernized. The rooms are small, as was the standard when the building was constructed, but they have fit the modern amenities in nicely. It is clean and welcoming and although you can tell that everything is new (fixtures, wallpaper, carpeting, etc.) it maintains a very "vintage" feeling; it was modernized with a careful eye toward maintaining the historical significance of the establishment.
The staff was amazingly friendly and came across as very genuine in their desire to be helpful. There was no restaurant on site at the time of my stay but I had plenty of help finding a good one in the area, partly from the brochures and partly from recommendations from staff members based on their personal experiences. It's right in the middle of downtown Seattle, surrounded by malls, shops, restaurants, and the convention center, so there were plenty of options.
My room was clean and cozy, and I had no issues with noise from other rooms, street traffic, or nearby high-level restaurant patios. Although they provided the standard small bottles of shampoo and bar of soap, there were pump bottles in the shower with shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel; they even provided a shower cap.
I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely keep this hotel on my short list for when I am in Seattle alone. I do have to say, though, that the small room size might be less comfortable for two people or for people with claustrophobia issues. If you can work with the smaller floor plan it is definitely a nice place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Andi H
Thank you for your kind endorsement and thorough review. I am thrilled that you appreciate the historic nuances that make The Roosevelt so special. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed at The Roosevelt for a conference that was held at the Seattle Conference Center, which is only half a block away. There is a mall half a block in the other direction that has a metro rail stop for travel to other parts of the city or the airport. Walking to sight-seeing areas (the aquarium, Pike St. Market, etc.) is very easy and the city is relatively safe- I am female and I felt comfortable walking alone at night. The hotel itself is very nice, clean, and comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful. Even though there is no hotel restaurant or bar, there is dining and bars very close by. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Seattle.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while attending a conference in Seattle. We are steps away from Washington State Convention Center and I am happy to see our close proximity was convenient for you. I look forward to sharing your compliments regarding our friendly staff with the rest of our team. I hope your travels bring you back our way again soon.
BC
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We got a great deal on Hotwire for a quick overnight in Seattle. It didn't really matter where we stayed as long as it was downtown. Boy were we surprised! The location is amazing! It is right in the middle of everything. The staff was great and check in was very easy. We had a queen room on the 16th floor. The room is very small but it was just 2 of us for 1 night so it was not an issue for us. We looked out to the Pacific Place Mall right across the street. It was clean - except the huge stain on the carpet - looked like someone spilled soda and a bit on the wall. Bathroom was very clean and the shower was fine - good pressure. We really did not spend much time in the room. Slept there and left first thing in the morning. The bed was comfortable and it seemed very quiet. Check out was speedy. The only issue I had was the price for parking - about $35 for overnight parking. Yikes! I will definitely stay there again - but maybe look for parking close by...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels

Thank you for your compliments regarding our location, value and accommodations. I appreciate the time you took to provide a review. I look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Seattle!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This was our second stay at the Roosevelt in as many years. We originally stayed based on recommendation. For the second stay I consulted trip advisor and the ratings and reviews almost caused me to stay elsewhere. I’m very glad I didn’t. The Roosevelt is the perfect base for a stay in Seattle.
Pluses:
• Location: It’s exactly where you want it to be in Seattle: Lovely, safe feeling area, 10min walk to Pike Place Market, 5 min walk to the Monorail (to Space Needle), opposite Nordstrom and Macy's for shopping. You’re right in the heart of the action.
• Access from Airport: take the sound transit line all the way downtown to Westlake. This is opposite the Roosevelt: the cheapest and arguably the easiest way to get to the hotel!
• Comfort: For us it was perfect for our weekend stay in Seattle.
• The staff: very welcoming, helpful and down to earth.
Negatives:
• Between our visits in 2012 and 2013 they’ve closed the bar on the ground floor. This means there’s nowhere in the hotel to have breakfast. This isn’t a problem as there are plenty breakfast places nearby; the staff are happy to advise and there are advertisements in the hotel. Also, it gives you an excuse to indulge in a Seafront breakfast in Lowell’s in Pike Market!
• The lifts can be slow

I feel bad giving it 3 stars. This is a good review. It’s only 3 stars in comparison to the other places I’ve stayed (and, as it’s America, you don’t get your breakfast included). It’s not flashy but it is a solid 3 star hotel and exactly what you need for a city stay. The staff are down to earth and happy to help. There’s a luggage storage area available. On our jet lagged evening arrival, the staff pointed us to a local bar for dinner which was perfect for our needs! I stayed in the Seattle area for about a further 2 weeks. At the end of this I thought I’d lost something. Despite the fact I’d been checked out for almost 2 weeks I called the hotel and they had a thorough (if unnecessary) search. Of course, I found the missing item when packing- sorry!

We had no complaints with noise or room size. Our room was spacious and although we arrived mid Christmas Carol-off in the street outside and woke to the Santa fun run on the Sunday we had no complaints with noise.

I’ve been lucky to visit Seattle 2 years in a row. If I’m lucky enough to go once more, I’ll stay at the Roosevelt again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the thorough review and mentioning you will stay with us on return visits to Seattle. It was our pleasure to provide you with comfortable accommodations. On behalf of our entire team, we hope you will stay in touch with us on Facebook and Twitter until your next visit.
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 3 March 2014

As a first-time visitor to Seattle with no place to stay after an incident on a road trip, I chose to stay at The Roosevelt with a group of friends after seeing good reviews for it online and to take advantage of its location in central Seattle for our one-day trip into the city.

LOCATION: The Roosevelt is located at 7th and Pine, putting it in a very central location. The nightlife of Capitol Hill is a ten minute walk down Pine, Pike Place Market down the other end of Pine and all the major shops (Nordstrom, Urban Outfitters, Abercrombie & Fitch…) are all within walking distance of the hotel. Other Seattle sights such as the gorgeous Public Library, the Seattle Art Museum and the Seattle Aquarium are also easy walks away.

ENTRANCE/LOBBY: The hotel is clearly marked and accessible with a dedicated valet bay for dropping cars off. The lobby itself is a very clean and classically-furnished space that is well-maintained and staffed even at midnight when we arrived.

Parking is 29 USD a day; with taxes, it’s about 35. The hotel allowed us to keep our car in their parking up until 6 PM, well past the 12 PM check-out time. This was a highly appreciated move that allowed us to explore Seattle on foot during the day without having to hunt for parking in the city.

ROOMS: We were given a room on the eighteenth floor with views down Pine Street towards Puget Sound. The room itself was very spacious and equipped with two opening windows, two queen beds, a work desk and chair and a sofa with a large flat screen television. It was in very good condition, spotless and comfortable for our group of four to settle and move around in.

The bathroom is clearly older and in need of a little attention as we spotted peeling paint on the bathtub sides. Other than that, the bathroom is your typical three-fixture affair with a tub, toilet and sink. Toiletries are by Gilchrist & Soames – nice touch.

Wi-fi is as it should be: free and with good signal strength.

FOOD/BEVERAGE: Interestingly, The Roosevelt does not currently offer any restaurants on the premises but this wasn’t an issue since the hotel’s central location puts it within easy reach of many awesome cafes, restaurants and eateries. If hotel food is what you’re after, the Grand Hyatt is right across the street. Try Cafe Campagne on Post Alley just past 1st Avenue for

LEISURE: The hotel offers a 24-hour fitness center that has a good selection of new and modern equipment for a solid workout.

FACILITIES: There is an on-site business center but not much else.

SERVICE: Our interactions with the staff were very limited but from what we did encounter, we experienced courteous and efficient service from the hotel’s associates. Check-in and check-out were completed within five minutes and our car was prepared within a similar timespan and we were even given a one-hour extension on check-out until 1 PM. No complaints whatsoever.

OVERALL: If you’re looking for an all-encompassing establishment or ultra-modern/ultra-lux digs, then The Roosevelt might not be for you. If, however, you’re looking for a very solid product that puts you in the middle of all the action, then this hotel is faultless and checked all the right boxes. Now if only they could renovate the rooms/bathrooms and add a restaurant…

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better.