“Great downtown hotel - We'll be back!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Roosevelt Hotel

The Roosevelt Hotel
Ranked #35 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Victoria, Canada
“Great downtown hotel - We'll be back!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel is located near close to everything. It's a 10 minutes walk to Pike Place Market (a definite need-to-see), a few blocks away from the Monorail station (a quick and easy way to the area around the Space Needle) and close to many fantastic restaurants.

The rooms are modern, comfortable and quiet. The staff are friendly and eager to help make your stay in Seattle as great as can be. We will definitely be staying at this hotel again. Everything was so easy, so we could focus on relaxing and enjoying our vacation.

Room Tip: We had a room near the elevator, which I thought would be noisy. There was only once when I was stan...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
I appreciate your kind words. There are indeed plenty of great restaurants and landmarks in our area, and it is good to hear you enjoyed our proximity to them. Our staff does their best to give guests a comfortable stay, and I am glad you were able to relax on your vacation. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Washington State
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I was going to a conference at the Washington State Convention Center. The Roosevelt was close. I was able to drop off my bags early before check in and they held my bags after I checked out. The front desk staff was friendly, helpful and nice. They gave great restaurant info and some history of the hotel. The deluxe king was large and clean. The bathroom was small but clean, fine for me. The room was quiet even in the middle of the city.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the Deluxe rooms are much larger.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your review. Our staff is incredibly knowledgeable about the Seattle area and I am pleased to learn that you benefited from their services. It’s great to hear that we were able to provide you with some comfort during your conference. I hope you’ll choose us again in the future!
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

This was a great find! I enjoyed the location(we walked to Pikes in about 10 minutes). The staff was super welcoming. They were genuine and professional, and everything was smoothly run. The room was great and the beds were fluffy and comfortable. And they had great pillows! We stayed on a weekend and it was a perfect getaway! The bathroom was clean and bright. It was perfect thank you! we will be returning

Room Tip: Our room was perfect. Quiet, large, and super clean with a Great beds!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Theresa C
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for the fantastic review. I appreciate your compliments regarding our helpful staff and am pleased our central location suited you. Thank you again for your kind words regarding our accommodations. I look forward to welcoming you back again.
Central Coast, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

For our first trip to Seattle, I wanted a central location from which to see the sites in an area that didn't seem scary when walking back at night; comfort and charm are a plus. This hotel worked on every level for us. I called the hotel with a few questions before arriving and the staff was helpful and friendly. After we arrived, I had to extend our stay unexpectedly, and again, the staff efficiently addressed our problem. The concierge kept our luggage during the day before we left for the airport which was a great service. Our room was large and comfortable with an extra small sink next to the coffee/tea unit. The bathroom is tiny (but everything worked) and the only mirror is in there; another mirror elsewhere would be helpful. While there isn't a restaurant in the hotel, there are plenty within walking distance so we enjoyed a variety of choices. It's easy to walk down to the waterfront, take the monorail to Seattle Center, and take the Link Light Rail to/from the airport. To go farther afield, we used a taxi from the stand located a block away and a bus stop which is two blocks away. This hotel has plenty of updated features (wifi!) set in yesteryear charm.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
It was our pleasure to serve you during your first trip to Seattle. I am delighted that we met your expectations during your visit and appreciate your comments about our wonderful staff. Seattle has so much to explore, I hope you return soon!
Ellensburg, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Two stays in the last month. Excellent location downtown and surprisingly quiet. Excellent bedding and comfortable beds for a good night sleep. Friendly and helpful staff dedicated outstanding guest services. The bathroom is very nice but tiny. Worked well for us but if you are a large person may be a challenge. No restaurant or bar but so many nearby you have lots of choices. Navigation found 6 Starbucks within 900 feet! Overall a good experience. Had tickets for the Paramount and it was an easy walk, only 2 blocks away.

Room Tip: Higher floors have virtually no noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. We have so many fantastic restaurants and shops nearby and I am pleased to read our central location made exploring Seattle convenient for you. If you enjoy productions at the Paramount, our VIP Broadway package is an excellent option!
McMinnville, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

We came for Lion King package and stayed two nights. Never had to use our car because the theater and outstanding restaurants at Pacific Place are so close (if you like hearty soup, you will love Pike Place Chowder).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels

I am pleased to see you enjoyed our VIP Broadway package! Thank you for mentioning our close proximity to Pike Place and the Paramount Theater. Your valuable feedback is appreciated.
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

The Roosevelt is an excellent value in a killer location with a lot of character. It reminds me of the first Kimpton Hotels in San Francisco (great value, location, lots of charm, warm staff). I was very happy with an exceptional rate I reserved and the bonus was a notable upgrade to a small suite on the top floor with spectacular views facing south, east and a western water view. The suite had two steps up to the well-lit bedroom (very comfortable bed and nice bedding) and small bath. From the moment I approached the desk until the time I checked-out I was greeted warmly and appropriately. The hotel is surrounded by great dining choices (both affordable and pricey) and quality shopping with transportation from the major Westlake hub, about two blocks away. Paying and getting to/from SeaTac, the Space Needle and to/from South Lake Union and the South Lake Union District (more great dining and a Whole Foods Market) was affordable and a breeze. Capitol Hill was an easy walk (coming down hill).

I had no hot water for my shower on my first morning. Oddly enough there was hot water in my very large sink, so at least I could wash my hair but I was not happy. I reported it and never had another problem. It’s important to remember character sometimes accompanies older infrastructure and patience is required. My suite was next to the elevator and you could hear it (although it was insulated well enough that it was not a disturbance). Furnishings are beginning to get a little tired and the rooms would benefit from a refresh, but housekeeping is very good.

I’m looking forward to my next visit to the Roosevelt.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank KCJPS
Thank you for your review. It was our pleasure to provide you with a complimentary upgrade. I am glad you enjoyed the water view and I will share your feedback with the rest of our team. See you again soon!