“Awesome hotel”

Ranked #44 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
san diego
“Awesome hotel”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I loved this hotel, dont let the 4 stars discourage, Location was a 5 star, across street from convention center, 2 blocks from Macy's and Nordstrom and malls. It was about 3-4 blocks from the tram that goes to SEA-TAC airport super convenient. This same station is a hub for buses going to all other places in seattle. the tram that goes to the space needle was 2-3 blocks over. we were able to rent a car for couple of days, walke 2 blocks over to get it...parking is steep but 20 bucks a night is the norm for downtown. 2 movie theatres we on the same block and one over,lots of places to eat.....i just cant say they were all great but most part they were good. Pike market was 5 blocks away about a 12min walk. this was great, from there the docks with the ferries are about another 5mins. Location was just awesome.

Hotel itself was good, free internet in hotel plus, security was good felt safe at hotel. access to upper floors key was needed. hotel gym was small but good, business office offered internet to print etkts or book car rental or search the net if you did bring your laptop. its a boutique type hotel so rooms are not huge but good size...bathrooms are dinky not counter space to put your shaving bag or brush or toothbrushes. the beds I hate to say were some of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in...REALLY. Hotel staff friendly and helpful. rooms clean. free coffee in the lobby in the morning. great stay overall. I would not think twice about staying here again. highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you very much for the review. We’re glad you enjoyed our accommodations, our beds, and our proximity to some of Seattle’s most famous landmarks. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chehalis
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We spent two nights here and were very pleased with the service. We arrived early, we treated politely and given a room right away. Unfortunately, there was a problem with the room which was solved immediately. For the inconvenience, they insisted on moving us to another room but had none ready yet, so told us to go about our day and when we returned they would have our things in another room for us. The room turned out to be a spa suite, a very pleasant surprise! Everyone we dealt with, from front desk to concierge were eager to see that we enjoyed our stay and offered suggestions on dining and sightseeing. The location was great, close to the monorail for Seattle Center and only blocks from Pike Place Market and the waterfront.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your review. We apologize that your experience wasn’t exactly what was planned, but we were more than happy to provide you with a spa suite for the inconvenience. We look forward to another visit from you in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed at the iconic Roosevelt in Seattle for a long weekend. It is in a brilliant location within walking distance of all the main attractions and we got a great deal including dinner at the beautiful Purple cafe (please try the flights of wine there, really very good).

The room was tastefully decorated, reasonably sized and quiet. The twin beds were comfy and we both slept well. It also had a decent coffee maker and Starbucks coffee. This was a nice touch as I like a cup of coffee whilst I get ready in the morning. On that note, Monorail coffee opposite the hotel is very very good.

My only complaint would be that the bathroom was tiny with little place to put your own toiletries. The shower was also disappointing producing a fine drizzle but not the power shower you expect from luxury hotels. The robes and slippers were a nice touch though.

You may also be disappointed by the lack of hotel bar or restaurant, although personally this isn't a problem for me. The staff were courteous and helpful and we used the valet parking, which worked out cheaper than independent parking.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for the review. We are sorry to hear that our showers did not meet your expectations. I appreciate the feedback and will be sharing it with the proper team members.
Murrieta, California
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Staff and hotel are very inviting. The staff meets all needs and affords guests an outstanding experience with knowledge and interactions. I would recommend this property to family and friends. Very comfortable rooms and accommodations. They staff works very hard at taking care of all your needs.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels

Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your kind words! We do our best to make guests feel right at home, and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I’ll share your compliments with our staff and look forward to seeing you again.
Monterey, California
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The modest size rooms are barely acceptable - what makes this a very poor experience is the fact that the walls are thin and rooms easily affected by noise from adjoining rooms: conversations at normal pitch, television at moderate volume and the sound of rushing water in the pipes. Trying to get to sleep from 10.30 pm because of 7.00 am meetings - as at 1.00 am I was still hearing the neighbour's TV and conversation.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mike S
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize that you had a less than satisfactory stay due to excessive noise. I hope you return so we can provide you with more quiet accommodations and help restore your affinity for The Roosevelt Hotel.
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I paid full price for several days based on better than average reviews. I could have done better. I'm 65 yrs. old, 6 ft tall and 165 lobs and athletic build, and I can adapt to certain limitations. I've traveled extensively in Europe so I know about small hotel room. But they stuck me in a room on the top (20th) floor at the far end of the narrow hallway that was so undersized as to be comical. It was like being sent to the tower cell as punishment. That bathroom measured 18 sq ft., and when you put in a tiny old wall hanger sink (with a patina) and toilet there was no floor space. The shower stall was so small I kept hitting my elbows into the tile wall. It was like a submarine shower. I mentioned this to the front desk, but all they did was acknowledge the fact. No offer to find another room. I can't believe the hotel was full based on the foot traffic.

Room Tip: As about room size and location
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pnicky
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments. I apologize that you weren't pleased with our accommodations. We strive to exceed guest expectations, and it is apparent that the mark was missed on this occasion. We will make a note of your review, and use your comments to improve. Thank you again.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 15 April 2014

WHY DID I STAY HERE? Price and location. Had a AAA rate of $134 plus tax for a room with one queen bed. Of course, rates can vary substantially depending on demand. The location is superb. You're across the street from Pacific Place with an eleven-screen AMC theatre and scores of stores; one block from Nordstrom's; one block from the convention center; one block from the Regal movie theatres. While the hotel does not have a restaurant at present, there's a plethora of restaurants within a block or two including a Starbucks across the street (surprise) and a good sandwich stop next to it, the NYC Deli.

THE BUILDING: The Roosevelt is a vintage 20-story building with a small floor plan, only ten rooms per floor. As mentioned, it no longer has an on-site restaurant.

THE ROOM: The room had but one queen bed so it was sufficiently roomy. It was very clean but lacking visual appeal. With the exception of an arm chair void of lighting, the other four pieces of furniture were scrunched together wall-to-wall. This may be because the window is at the extreme side of the room, the same side as the door to the adjoining room.

THE BATHROOM: The small bathroom was exceptionally clean. There is no counter space. The shower head was good as were the towels and amenities.

VALET PARKING: Valet parking is available; I recall the rate being $29 per day.

ARRIVING BY TRAIN OR BUS? I came and went on Amtrak. It was a $10 fare including tip from the King St. Station. Returning to the station the fare was $9 including tip. If you're traveling via Boltbus from Vancouver, BC or Portland, the bus stops adjacent to Union Station which is next to the King St. Amtrak station so your cab fare should be about the same. One recent reviewer was pleased with the proximity (3 blocks) of Greyhound to the hotel. Be warned that Greyhound is moving about May 1 somewhere on Minor Avenue, possibly the 1800 block but double check.

GETTING A CAB FROM THE HOTEL: I waited at the hotel's corner on a weekday afternoon for a cab to Amtrak. Cabs didn't seem to be coming despite a Grand Hyatt across from the Roosevelt. Then I noticed a couple of cabs emerging from an apparent alley a half block on Pine Street across from the Hyatt and hailed one. It might best to walk the half block on Pine across from the Hyatt as this apparently is where the cabs queue.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank ChicagoKen60657
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your elaborate review! I am happy my staff and I could provide you with a nice place to stay near so many great places to visit in Seattle. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.